Status
Not open for further replies.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
1 866 742 3673
Sorry for your issues, later today I will move this thread over to the Half Shaft thread area.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I just talked to a local owner. He just had his bolts break for a second time. His car is a late 06. Ford needs to reveal their fix. I have done a preemptive Accufab fix..

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
patience, we were told we would have the answers by the rally, ok?

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
I did a search on this website, but I could not find the above telephone number. Would someone be so kind as to post it for me? Also, I found out after having the car towed to Troy Aikman Ford, that they do NOT work or service Ford GT's, (at least they were honest about it) so it is being towed AGAIN to Middlekauf Ford in Plano!

The Nightmare Continues! PLEASE HAVE THIS PRE-EMPTIVE REPAIR DONE TO YOUR CARS TO AVOID THIS PROBLEM! IT IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY FOR PEACE OF MIND, AND FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH, I THOUGHT MY CAR, A 2006, PURCHASED IN JULY OF 2006 WAS A RELATIVELY
LATE PRODUCTION CAR!!

GOOD LUCK AND THANKS TO ALL

Unfortunetly there is no pre-emptive fix. There have been GT"s who have replaced the bolts and had them FAIL a second time. Will it help? Who knows. Until Ford Officialy tells us what the repair/fix/answer is to this design fault we sit here and place all our hope on relplacing bolts with more Ford bolts or a supposed improved bolt from a different source.
We are told that there will be an "annoucment" in August. This is July. Why could not Ford tell us something now? Why don't they announce Offically that an answer is coming in August? Why is it that this information is given privately over the phone to select people? Remember there has never been any kind of official recognition by Ford that this particular problem even exists.
I tell you this, if there is not an absoulute, official fix announced by Ford in August as we are being told, there are going to be a lot of angry owners. I will go as far to say there will suddenly be a lot more Gt's on the market, including my two, and Ford will have lost whatever credibility they had left with the owners.
I just hope what is being told to us by DBK and Bony comes true. We shall see.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Unfortunetly there is no pre-emptive fix. There have been GT"s who have replaced the bolts and had them FAIL a second time. Will it help? Who knows. Until Ford Officialy tells us what the repair/fix/answer is to this design fault we sit here and place all our hope on relplacing bolts with more Ford bolts or a supposed improved bolt from a different source.
We are told that there will be an "annoucment" in August. This is July. Why could not Ford tell us something now? Why don't they announce Offically that an answer is coming in August? Why is it that this information is given privately over the phone to select people? Remember there has never been any kind of official recognition by Ford that this particular problem even exists.
I tell you this, if there is not an absoulute, official fix announced by Ford in August as we are being told, there are going to be a lot of angry owners. I will go as far to say there will suddenly be a lot more Gt's on the market, including my two, and Ford will have lost whatever credibility they had left with the owners.

so noted, PLEASE, there is no point to continue this rant... we are all waiting for the news. I am so concerned that I have choosen to drive from Fresno to Scottsdale to start the rally with 20 other GT's. I do have a second sets of bolts stored in my gal. Hopefully after the rally I will be able to sell them for a good price on Ebay.:biggrin Let's try to be calm.
God Bless America,
Bony
highly compensated moderator and proud owner:thumbsup

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Griffbl,

Hopefully it didn't happen somewhere busy....finally got a nice day in dallas and you had it ruined with the half shaft failure.

I would recommend Middlekauf Ford or Sam Pack's for future work. I've never been to Troy's shop but Rick has a GT and did our GT Guy visit for us..offered up his shop and had it opened on the weekend for the guys to work 24/7 if they wanted...did I think 12 GT's that weekend..Rick is a great guy and his tech's take extra care of our cars. We have a couple of great owners that are dealers here in town..they are car guys and help us out ALOT. If you ever need paint work let me know and I will give you the name of that dealer.

Matt
thanks so much.....took the car to Middlekauf per your suggestion...Enjoy the weather!

Griffbl

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
so noted, PLEASE, there is no point to continue this rant... we are all waiting for the news. I am so concerned that I have choosen to drive from Fresno to Scottsdale to start the rally with 20 other GT's. I do have a second sets of bolts stored in my gal. Hopefully after the rally I will be able to sell them for a good price on Ebay.:biggrin Let's try to be calm.
God Bless America,
Bony
bony-

thanks for your help.....i know this is a dead horse being beaten, but I do think every instance should be brought to people's attention so as to have some idea with the frequency and or pervasiveness of the problem.

thanks again,

Griffbl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bony-

thanks for your help.....i know this is a dead horse being beaten, but I do think every instance should be brought to people's attention so as to have some idea with the frequency and or pervasiveness of the problem.

thanks again,

Griffbl

Your welcome, no problems with posting the incident, data is important. We do know the matter is center plate at Ford and will be addressed. I paid more my FGT than many, so I am comforted to know that we will all hear what Ford's take is. No doubt some of our engineering experts will post Ford's statement with their takes on it. All great, that is why we have this forum.:thumbsup

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ah, Ha!!

God Bless America,
Bony

I knew it..., I just knew it...!! Now it's all out in the open, paid by the letter and send key!! :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Have I not made it abundantly clear I do NOT work for Ford? If you don't like what I get told by Ford, I can't help you. For the second time in two pages, I'm going to tell you I received an unsolicited phone call to post on the site that there would be an announcement between the day I posted this thread and the Rally. The Rally ends on August 5th.

I dug up every piece of half-shaft related info I could find. I solicited for it on the site. I forwarded it to Ford who, in my opinion were slightly blind-sided by it, and immediately began working on testing and development of a fix. For what is probably the tenth time I've said this, they have to test multiple variations and recreate the issue to validate and possible fix. That is what takes time. I have no idea what's coming, but if they tell me they are going to make an announcement and there is going to be a fix, I can either choose to believe it, or bitch on the internet. My car has 7000 hard miles, so you can guess which I choose.

Either you can wait the 3 weeks, or keep vaguely insinuating that I have some bizarre reason to fabricate what I'm told by a company I don't work for that I have no agenda with. "Well DBK says...", DBK only repeats what Ford tells him in good faith. Do you really think they would call and tell me to post this information if it wasn't true? That'd be a really bad decision.

p.s, I'm not trying to pick here, but 42 of your 78 posts are half-shaft related.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You aren't insinuating anything? Call me crazy, but there's a tone in this post.

DBK says an answer is coming from Ford anytime from now up until the Rally. DBK says that Ford has the solution. I take DBK at his word that this will happen.

I closed the monster thread and started a new one because Ford said they'd have an announcement by the Rally. I hoped that would temper the panic from people who are solely concerned about halfshaft bolts. While this whole thing is a non-issue for me, I've done alot of hassling with Ford for an answer for those people. So excuse me if it grinds on me when they get pissy towards me about something I have no control over and couldn't care less about in the first place. I've tried my hardest to help get a solution here instead of saying forget it and letting it devolve into fruitless internet bitching, but some people are trying their best to head down that road. .

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Dave

People.....Calm here.....

All us owners are concerned, some more than others. Dave has done his best to gather info on the issue, send it to Ford (WHO HE DOES NOT WORK FOR) and has passed along what they have chosen to tell him about a fix. He has done all that he can do (and probably more than he had to!).

I for one appreciate his efforts greatly!

Let's all be calm about this issue, wait a few more weeks and let the Ford engineering team give us an answer by the end of the rally date.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MODERATORS NOTE
============
I have deleted three posts after #91. Technical comments and notices of failures are still and always be welcome. At this point, enough is enough. Thank you!
Daniel

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
From the rally thread:-

Originally Posted by Indy GT
Now that we are getting to the short strokes of the California event, a couple last minute questions-

1)...

2) Many of us are obviously interested in the transaxle half shaft bolt issue. It was posted Ford will conduct a technical session for the rally attendees on this topic to bring us all up to date as to what the proposed fix will be. Do you know who will present (possibly Fred himself?), when and where you have scheduled this discussion to take place? It might be helpful to schedule a time slot with enough time for the owners to have a Q&A session with these technical guys on any other topics which owners may have about care, maintenance, performance, temperatures, modifications, etc.

DBK Replied today:-

We'll be discussing "tech" issues on Saturday inbetween Cars and Coffee and the yacht cruise. Fred will be at the Rally, but I'm assuming it will be Jamal who has the answers you seek. We'll see if we can't do it at P.A.G but the hotel will give us space if need be.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I have had the occasion to talk with management level individuals at Ford who worked on the FGT project over the past few months. Mind you this was "back channel" discussions, nothing official, but always very informative on a variety of FGT related issues. I was told that they are working on a fix also. I don't know these people personally, but their information has always been very reliable in the past. Personally, I believe them, so I am going to reserve judgment until I hear what Ford has to say about the situation. I also believe that the engineers at Ford are in a far better position to find a solution that me, so it is also in my best interest to give them more time to solve the problem.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Spirit, a man near and dear to my heart :lol :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How bout a 3 week rest on this topic? :bang

In the meantime, I’ll just keep on driving. :thumbsup

WHERE THE DEVIL ARE YOU GETTING THOSE LIL' ICONS, SPIRIT?????!

('Love that, "beating a dead horse", one!!!!)

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Moderator's Message
----------------------------
I Have Deleted The Jocular Comments, Lets Keep On Topic, Regarding Incidents And Techincal Issues. Thanks!
Please understand that we have owners that are very concerned, and they do not appreciate our attempts at humor. I also don't want to offend the folks whose remarks I deleted. We need to sit tight, and keep this thread for technical remarks only.

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Feel better-just had my 1/2 shafts fixed

I just had the Accufab Half shaft bolt kit along with safety wire installed today. Completed at Walsh Motorsports in Wixom Michigan by Don Walsh and Justin. I will feel a lot better on the drive from Scottsdale to Newport Beach and back knowing they won't disconnect.
It will be interesting to see what the Ford guys have to say at the Tech Forum in Calif. regarding this issue. I just did not feel comfortable waiting any longer. Although my car is a fairly early 2006 (January Build I think), It did have the updated hardened washers installed.
AJB 2006 #0541 Blue White

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We have heard that Roush is giving excellent service. Approach them like a gentleman, and be treated as such.

Personally I replace my half shaft bolts at my expense, and bought a back up set from Accufab at my expense.

My car has never been back to any dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.