Status
Not open for further replies.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have now officially closed the halfshaft thread of death.

Here is the word I can now give you:

• The fix is in the works. Multiple setups were tried(~5), the likely solution is in.
  • These setups were all bench tested.
  • The reason it has taken so long to procure a solution is because they have to wait recreate the situation, and some cars (the majority) simply won't ever experience it. That means alot of testing has had to take place. If you don't recreate the failure, there is no guarantee your fix either is or is not appropriate.
  • There will be a fairly major announcement sometime between now and the August California Rally.
  • There will be a Q & A regarding all things halfshaft bolts by SVT engineers at the California Rally.
That's it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

:party :party :party :party :party :party :party

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great !! Thanks for everyones efforts !!! :cheers

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Awesome. Thanks! Great news!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
DBK, great news. I am surprised that Ford will have an official word and fix for this problem. No, doubt due in a large part to your work, the forum and its members.

The free flow of information is that key to problem resolutions.

:cheers :thumbsup

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I heard similar from SVT Management.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It would have been nice of them to have let us know that they acknowledged the problem and were working on it. A lot of owners have expressed strong frustration over Ford's lack of response. Just a quick note saying "We're looking into it" would have satisfied most of us.

I'll be very interested in what their solution is and how they apply it.

Anybody want to buy an Accufab bolt kit cheap?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Anybody want to buy an Accufab bolt kit cheap?

I'd hold onto it for a bit, Texas. We don't yet know the "what, were, when, how" of the "fix" yet (the WHY we DO know!). 'Could be your bolts will puke B4 the fix is actually available and you'll NEED the 'Fabs.

I'm holding onto mine 'till I know what's what. I just won't install 'em immediately as I'd intended. (My car won't be moving 'til about the middle of July anyway.)

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Dave.....

Wanted to but couldn't say....

Great news for all us owners!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
That sucks, I was planning to go to law school and file a class action suit. Oh well McDonalds is hiring, see you guys in the drive through:eek :willy :eek

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

:party :party :party :party :party :party :party

Great news Dave!!

Thank you Ford for seeing this through to completion!! Standing behind their commitment, this is the Ford I remember! :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Great news for GT owners. This will go a long way towards restoring the GTs' mechanical confidence with many owners and also help keep the value and reputation of these cars very high! :thumbsup :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for the update Dave. I look forward to the tech session at the Rally. :thumbsup

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Dave can you tell us how this announcement will be made? Will it be through a TSB that the dealers get who will then notify us; how does this kind of thing work?

Thanks for all you help in this effort.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Hooray and crap. Hooray is an authorized repair is finally taking shape. Crap is I JUST BOUGHT the Accufab bolts. Oh well.

I think I will keep the Accufabs in stock until we find out if it is a proactive or reactive repair.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Crap is I JUST BOUGHT the Accufab bolts. Oh well.

I think I will keep the Accufabs in stock

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
You never know, the Accufab bolts could be the fix. I have not heard of a breakdown with them yet.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That's very encouraging to read and thanks for all the background efforts.

I wonder if Ford will consider this a 'warranty' item? Personally I care not a jot and will be happy to pay, others might feel differently.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That's very encouraging to read and thanks for all the background efforts.

I wonder if Ford will consider this a 'warranty' item? Personally I care not a jot and will be happy to pay, others might feel differently.

At the risk of incurring flack from some for saying so, it OUGHT to be an "unofficial recall" replacement under warranty for very, very obvious reasons.:bored But, I'm going to get it done regardless just to REMOVE the black cloud. (I'd like to be able to take the car for loooong rides out of town w/o having a towing company on speed dial...not to mention sweating a 'bolt failure every time I leave a stop sign/light at a busy intersection.:bang )

Just my $.02.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
You're right - it should probably be a recall I guess, but I wouldn't particularly want Ford to avoid the problem on cost grounds, so I'd rather pay. If it turns out to be a free fix, well that'll be a bonus - but it won't tempt me to buy another GT. There aren't any! :biggrin

Status
Not open for further replies.