GTX1 and F430 side by side comparison shots

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This is myt first post on this forum. I think all of your cars look funny. Is it true they are built on a 240 Z platform? I think the white GT's look the worst. The ones without stripes should be sent back to the factory to be completed. I even saw one of these cars with a big bubble in the paint on the top of drivers door. I saw one of these kit cars with carbonfiber side air vents. That really looked funny. Then there was this guy selling these great GT books. He seemed like a great guy. Anyway, just thought I would say hey.

:lol:lol:lol:tongue:cool:party:club:party:bow:tongue:cool:lol:lol:lol

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I think the GTX is amazing. My only gripe is that I haven't seen it in person.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bony, have you been delivering cases and cases of Makers Mark to
Awsum? He seems to have forgotten where he's at.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Been in meetings today. Mr bannister has given the newbie way more rope than I would have allowed.

Dave's married now so he's obviously exhibiting new found tact and considerable diplomacy. :rofl

Took me years! That's my opinion; ..... wifey says I'll learn. :confused

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
He is on vacation. Hopefully reading MS MANNERS book. We will see if he returns.

After 35 years lorna and i are still on our honeymoon :)

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
He is on vacation. Hopefully reading MS MANNERS book. We will see if he returns.

Beautiful :thumbsup

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
MK2 GT .................... Beautiful ............................... :thumbsup

Do you have pics of the cars together from the back .... love to see them.

Makes the F430 look less desireable.:biggrin Oh wait that's my opinion ... Bony, don't kick my @@5.

Last edited:

SVTregistry

Jan 16, 2006
NYC
wow, the Ferrari does look bigger than the GTX1 in those pictures, must be the angle.

I recall the F430 being taller while the GT being wider when I saw the two parked on Deco Drive in South Beach.

I also followed a #5 Heritage GT on Atlantic Blvd in Pompano when heading to the Steeda headquarters and it seemed awfully wide compared to my rental car.

Nice shots, MK2's GTX1 is one of my favorites so far...

--Russ

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think, like EP mentioned, the problem here is trying to capture the beauty of the special red paint in pictures.

I will go out on a limb here and say, that I personally did not know what to make of the car when I saw it in photographs.

But, having seen it up close and personal at the Rally II, it is an amazing work of art and beautiful. It truly shines in person, and I think the vast majority would be pleased to view this car.

Well done and obviously an understandable source of personal pride of ownership.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Is that Lorena walking down the street as your Avitar? :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Where did Ken go?
Barbie

Bony
Forum Nazi

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I also followed a #5 Heritage GT on Atlantic Blvd in Pompano when heading to the Steeda headquarters and it seemed awfully wide compared to my rental car.

--Russ

That is SuperB's car. He is a forum member. Does the Rally banners.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
One night at a local fancy smancy restaurant there was an F430 of the same color parked next to my tungsten GT. I was surprised from behind how tall the F430 looked next to the GT. Don't get me wrong the F430 is a beautiful car but sitting side by side it looked like a Taurus sedan from behind..

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
One night at a local fancy smancy restaurant there was an F430 of the same color parked next to my tungsten GT. I was surprised from behind how tall the F430 looked next to the GT. Don't get me wrong the F430 is a beautiful car but sitting side by side it looked like a Taurus sedan from behind..

Where are the pictures?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I too was at a function this weekend with my Tungsten GT parked next to my friend's F430 Spider in red. We had them parked side by side in front of a fountain at the hotel. Pictures should be forthcoming.

I have to say, lots of people stopped over to see the cars. Honestly, the vast majority of people wanted to know about the GT and preferred its more aggressive looks. The Ferrari is a lovely car, but lacks in exterior styling to the GT. To the Ferrari's credit, the interior is really quite lovely with hand stitched leather throughout and carbon fiber.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Where are the pictures?

I was just out for dinner.. Didn't have my camera....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
No camera phone? I thought all phones had cameras now, crappy as they may be. Anyway I hope you enjoyed your dinner.

:cheers

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
This is myt first post on this forum. I think all of your cars look funny. Is it true they are built on a 240 Z platform? I think the white GT's look the worst. The ones without stripes should be sent back to the factory to be completed. I even saw one of these cars with a big bubble in the paint on the top of drivers door. I saw one of these kit cars with carbonfiber side air vents. That really looked funny. Then there was this guy selling these great GT books. He seemed like a great guy. Anyway, just thought I would say hey.

Awsum did you get pick up an extra book from Bony's buddy for me????:bs

GTX1 in any color woops any Furr-are-e with its cover still on and thats my opinion and I am sticking to it....On the other hand everyone needs a daily driver:lol