GT4 Mustang

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
beautiful machine should make some impressive lap times.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Bigfoot,
Thanks for the info. I've been looking all over for the 5.0 Aluminator as it is unavailable everywhere I have tried. I was excited to hear about the 5.2 Aluminator as it is essentially a Coyote short block with the Voodoo intake and heads from what I understand; its also rated at 580hp. Problem is, it is not compatible with the ECU/wiring harness for 2013-2014 5.0 in my 302S; it is good for 2015 and up. I was hoping to find a race team with a "spare" or someone which has given up on a project and still had an Aluminator 5.0 in the crate, sitting around. I may have to use the Boss 302 shortblock which is still available providing that the top end of the 5.0 Aluminator in the Boss 302S I bought is still viable. If not, does anyone have any experience or advise on making the electrial swap easier to allow me to go with the Aluminator 5.2? I've experienced good and bad swaps, and the bad are almost always related to electrial gremlins. Any input appreciated.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That Aluminator crate motor is insane. 1.83 HP per cubic inch on a naturally aspirated-pump gas-crate motor.

WOW :eek

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Will not be running Rose Cup but I am testing the Matech GT3 car tomorrow at Portland

It will be good to get the GT3 back on the track. Post up about your test day. Have Fun too.

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Tim
Fantastic looking in Red, sounds like it wants to race ASAP ... Let me know what the difference is between this and your S ..Good luck with the testing tomorrow

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Bigfoot,
Thanks for the info. I've been looking all over for the 5.0 Aluminator as it is unavailable everywhere I have tried. I was excited to hear about the 5.2 Aluminator as it is essentially a Coyote short block with the Voodoo intake and heads from what I understand; its also rated at 580hp. Problem is, it is not compatible with the ECU/wiring harness for 2013-2014 5.0 in my 302S; it is good for 2015 and up. I was hoping to find a race team with a "spare" or someone which has given up on a project and still had an Aluminator 5.0 in the crate, sitting around. I may have to use the Boss 302 shortblock which is still available providing that the top end of the 5.0 Aluminator in the Boss 302S I bought is still viable. If not, does anyone have any experience or advise on making the electrial swap easier to allow me to go with the Aluminator 5.2? I've experienced good and bad swaps, and the bad are almost always related to electrial gremlins. Any input appreciated.

I heard they were hard to get but I thought there has consistently been one for sale on EBay. If I recall Jegs had them plus could be ordered directly from Ford.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Indy GT , you are right that the Forgelines are available in several different sizes , Pirelli makes a 19 " but it's for the Ferrari Challenge cars and the sizes are not great for a GT350.
Also the car is not from Ford Racing but is built by Multimatic and is substantially different from the FP500-350S

Thanks for the correction. The GT4 and the FP500-350S are two different cars. Your GT4 looks beautiful! Have fun with it on the track!!

Exactly. rsstopper asked about the Pirellis on the GT4, which are 18s and will not work with the stock GT350 calipers. The Ford Performance FP350S and Multimatic built GT4 use smaller than OEM motorsport brakes that work with 18" wheels. If you like the design of the GS1R, they do come in 19s but you can't use the GT4 spec slicks, although you can find 19" Hoosiers and Pirellis.
Also the 350R isn't offered with aluminum wheels. The GT350 has the aluminum 10.5/11 wheels while the GT350R has the 11/11.5" carbon wheels.

Also thanks for the correction. I was just thinking of tracking the GT4/GT350R for personal pleasure as opposed to in a spec series race where you have to run a specified tire. I defer to your knowledge in this arena.

And you are again correct as to the aluminum rims only on the standard GT350, not the “R” which is only supplied with the wider CF rims. I was looking at the Ford 2016 Product Standard Equipment list which covers both models and has specs for both the aluminum and CF rims.

Pantera1889

Dec 24, 2006
Hampstead,Md
Bigfoot,

The Ford Racing "Control Pack " is a VERY simple way to install the 5.2L Aluminator engine in your car.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6017-504V
You can find it a bit cheaper. Only a few wires to connect and you are in business.

Sorry for the thread hijack. The GT4 Mustang looks absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!
Good luck with it.

Ron

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
The 5.2 has a different short block (from the 5.0) as well. The heads don't change the displacement.

Thanks for the correction. The GT4 and the FP500-350S are two different cars. Your GT4 looks beautiful! Have fun with it on the track!!

Also thanks for the correction. I was just thinking of tracking the GT4/GT350R for personal pleasure as opposed to in a spec series race where you have to run a specified tire. I defer to your knowledge in this arena.

And you are again correct as to the aluminum rims only on the standard GT350, not the “R” which is only supplied with the wider CF rims. I was looking at the Ford 2016 Product Standard Equipment list which covers both models and has specs for both the aluminum and CF rims.
It's an FP350S* not an "FP500-350S". :)

If you're not in a race series, throw a GT350 intake manifold onto the GT4 for A LOT more power.

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait

Jim

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
wow ... awesome ... these Ford Mustang factory race cars just seem to be more and more beautiful for each generation

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
GO FAST AND TAKE CHANCES!
Remember brakes only slow you down!

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Wow beautiful car. I'm waiting on an FP350S so I can return my GT350 to the street. I know there are substantial differences but this raises the anticipation for me.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Wow thats one beautiful bad a$$ car!! Congrats :cheers

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Looks Amazing. What sort of Hp and Torque figures does it have.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Some photos from the Trans Am race at Portland

2017-transampir-0419.jpg

2017-transampir-0541.jpg

2017-transampir-0496.jpg

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I had to miss PDX. And didn't get to watch you race the GT4 or the Matech GT.

Congrats on your win!

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
I had to miss PDX. And didn't get to watch you race the GT4 or the Matech GT.

Congrats on your win!

Thanks Jeff , sorry you couldn't make it .

2017-TransAmPIR-1652.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-TransAmPIR-1652.jpg
    2017-TransAmPIR-1652.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 2017-TransAmPIRFRAM-199.jpg
    2017-TransAmPIRFRAM-199.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 204

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Your GT4 Mustang and your refurbished Matech are two of the most beautiful and desirable cars I see out there at this time. Best of luck in your races. Absolutely stunning, both of them.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Your GT4 Mustang and your refurbished Matech are two of the most beautiful and desirable cars I see out there at this time. Best of luck in your races. Absolutely stunning, both of them.

Thanks , the decision to get Multimatic to paint it Race Red instead of white was a bit last minute but I am happy I made the change .
Thanks to Sean Mason at Multimatic Motorsports for all his help , the car is a really nice piece .