GT vs ZR1

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
Thanks for the video Brooks, the GT can clearly pull on the ZR1 that is very impressive!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
excellent as always!

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Great video - glad to see the GT being able be beat the Corvette in a straight line :)
Makes it hard to believe that the thing would be 2 seconds faster than the GT at VIR

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Great video - glad to see the GT being able be beat the Corvette in a straight line :)
Makes it hard to believe that the thing would be 2 seconds faster than the GT at VIR

Keep in mind the GT’s VIR lap time was done on a lark. It wasn’t a max effort.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
And the GM wasn't a production car.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What fuel was used in the GT? Brand and octane?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Good video Brooks..

Brian. Where were you?

Interesting video, I was actually somewhat surprised.

Camera angles are deceiving. Didn't look as close as the timing slips indicated.

Seemed like Corvette driver went to the Brad Keselowski school of restarts.

I never get invited to the race stuff.. everyone is afraid of me... :lol

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
It also has a higher HP/L than the McLaren 720 or the GT2 RS.

On paper, slightly, but in reality, the 720 has an extra 150 rwhp vs the GT, so it's game over there.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I wish Brooks was here in Houston so we could run the FGT vs my low wing ZR1, but it's a stick, so I'd be no-lift shifting my ass off to try to compensate for the GT's DCT.

BTW, if you guys want to laugh at a serious dose of butthurt, see the response to this video on the C7 ZR1 section of the Corvette Forum....haha

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I wish Brooks was here in Houston so we could run the FGT vs my low wing ZR1, but it's a stick, so I'd be no-lift shifting my ass off to try to compensate for the GT's DCT.

BTW, if you guys want to laugh at a serious dose of butthurt, see the response to this video on the C7 ZR1 section of the Corvette Forum....haha

some of us dont hang out on the corvette forum or even know where its at :) post up a link

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
On paper, slightly, but in reality, the 720 has an extra 150 rwhp vs the GT, so it's game over there.

It also has what must be the most advanced traction control/torque management system devised by man. It’s astonishing how well it puts the power down.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
some of us dont hang out on the corvette forum or even know where its at :) post up a link

Well, some of us (ie, you) are wannabe Corvette owners that need to learn to use Google. :lol

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4181145-dragtimes-racing-zr1-vs-ford-gt.html