GT vs ZR1

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
Ford, we need another 50HP pleaseeeeeee..... :)

[video=youtube;b0C__4wUkd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0C__4wUkd8[/video]

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Good video.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Brian. Where were you?

Interesting video, I was actually somewhat surprised.

Camera angles are deceiving. Didn't look as close as the timing slips indicated.

Seemed like Corvette driver went to the Brad Keselowski school of restarts.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
ZR1 is modified. Probably has 20hp+ over stock.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What are the times for a dead start 1/4 mile?

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Look at Brooks's video of 720S vs. the same ZR1. I don't know how the ZR1 owner can still be smiling. I'd be wondering how 100 horses escaped the barn.

Last edited:

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
we are renting the track to get some 1/4 mile times.... also had a run in with a Huracan, very close, GT had a little pull, but with the GT at 200 pounds lighter and more power, it should pull away harder....

What are the times for a dead start 1/4 mile?

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
cool video..

for an extra 50 hp you can easily put a nos kit on your car \\

bring it over and Ill help you install it :)

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Agreed. Great video Brooks! I was surprised at how well the GT held it's own too! Undoubtedly the aggressive aero on the ZR1 didn't help but the GT really performed like a champ.

What's also evident is just how damn sexy and advanced the GT is--immediate ride height adjustment upon start and active wing in back when braking. Very cool!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
cool video..

That sounds like a plan. I'd love for someone else to find the limits of this powertrain. :lol

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
how about 150? :) catback exhaust swap is probably the most I'll do....

cool video..

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
That sounds like a plan. I'd love for someone else to find the limits of this powertrain. :lol

I seriously hope an additional 50hp is not the limit of this powertrain :)

lets see who is going to be the first person to have a 1000hp NFGT

my bet is on Mark...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
how about 150? :) catback exhaust swap is probably the most I'll do....

when I first got my 05 Gt I told myself there is no way Im going to modify it, two weeks later there was a 3.3L whipple on it and it was all down hill from there.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
we are renting the track to get some 1/4 mile times.... also had a run in with a Huracan, very close, GT had a little pull, but with the GT at 200 pounds lighter and more power, it should pull away harder....

Must be the driver.:biggrin

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009

That is most likely the best course of action. When Dave says it's already pretty much maxed out, I would leave well enough alone.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That is most likely the best course of action. When Dave says it's already pretty much maxed out, I would leave well enough alone.

If memory serves me correctly, the GT 3.5 already has more horsepower than the DP race engine. I personally wouldn’t mess with the powertrain.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Drag is a hell of a thing. The Viper ACR-X is a turd in a straight line too. More downforce = more drag.

If memory serves me correctly, the GT 3.5 already has more horsepower than the DP race engine. I personally wouldn’t mess with the powertrain.
It also has a higher HP/L than the McLaren 720 or the GT2 RS.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Drag is a hell of a thing. The Viper ACR-X is a turd in a straight line too. More downforce = more drag.

It also has a higher HP/L than the McLaren 720 or the GT2 RS.

I know the comparisons are inevitable and entertaining, but focusing on straight line speed misses the point of the GT.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
I know the comparisons are inevitable and entertaining, but focusing on straight line speed misses the point of the GT.
Really? Wasn't that the main advantage of the whole car? (lemans - mulsanne straight).

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Really? Wasn't that the main advantage of the whole car? (lemans - mulsanne straight).

Drag racing, no.