God Speed Alex Borla..!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I just found out fellow Ford GT owner and great friend Alex Borla has recently passed away.. I'm really gonna miss that guy.. Love ya buddy.. God Speed my friend..IMG-20170704-WA0000.jpg20210523_173829.jpgScreenshot_20210609-132804_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20210609-132804_Video Player.jpg

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
So sad and such a terrible loss for the industry. RIP Alex.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Bummer
Rest In Peace

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Alex was a great guy. What a success.

I was with two buddies in Le Mans in 2017 and we took a van ride with Alex out to the Mulsanne in the middle of the night to watch at one of the chicanes. One of the guys was an Eastern European and somehow he and Alex ended up discussing various geopolitical issues from what I'd call very opposing viewpoints. Alex was very much a capitalist that didn't like the old Soviet order, and our friend thought it wasn't so bad if the old order flexed a little muscle in the world, and maybe we didn't have to be so concerned about various geopolitical motives. Alex looked at him dead in the face and said "Always remember - the strongest dog f**ks first." I thought those were amusing and memorable words to live by.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
We need more of that ^^^^ in this country right now.

Reactions: Sinovac

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow, what a huge loss in so many ways! He will be missed by so many!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
What a great success story--parents survived the concentration camps, immigrated from Romania to the USA, arriving with nothing. Started working at 14 and kept working, ultimately building the amazing business we all know. Having firsthand experience with life under other political systems, he particularly appreciated America and the opportunity that it provided him and his family. Alex, you will be missed.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What a great success story--parents survived the concentration camps, immigrated from Romania to the USA, arriving with nothing. Started working at 14 and kept working, ultimately building the amazing business we all know. Having firsthand experience with life under other political systems, he particularly appreciated America and the opportunity that it provided him and his family. Alex, you will be missed.
This makes dbk's memory even more meaningful.

Reactions: KennethClay

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
A great mentor and car enthusiast that will be missed. We met at Le Mans, but kept up over the years. He was one of those guys that has been there and done that and was definitely not afraid to speak his mind. I remember that van ride to the Mulsanne, good times! From humble beginnings in an east coast shop, to an aftermarket empire... I look forward to seeing you again my friend. RIP Alex A7FFAD2D-44D4-45DE-B529-9E3AF2D86E31.jpeg3CF3DC6B-3C27-4E82-B4F6-2F6C9A646050.jpeg
The van ride:8979B696-D968-4E1C-A2AD-867959D91C22.jpeg

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Alex was a true gentleman. I first met him when he offered to use on of my new Vipers as a prototype build for his Borla Exhaust build. Spent time at his shop and then had lunch with he and some of his family that were at the shop that day. Sad to see him go. God Speed Alex.

Reactions: Special K

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I was fortunate to hang out with Alex, Kevin, Stormcat, Kenneth and others at Le Mans in 2017. Alex spent a lot of time with us and I asked him if we were keeping him from his people? He said, “I came to Le Mans by myself, so you guys are my people if you don’t mind me hanging out with you.” Also on that trip, I told him I wanted to use his headers, cat delete etc on my FGT but it wouldn’t pass emissions inspection in my home state and it would be too cumbersome to have to return the GT back to stock every year to pass inspection. He offered to let me use his home address and register my car at his home in Tennesee. He said “I can get a cow a license plate in Tennesee”.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Very sorry to hear this.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I was fortunate to hang out with Alex, Kevin, Stormer, Kenneth and others at Le Mans 2017. Alex spent a lot of time with us and I asked him if we were keeping him from his people? He said, “I came to Le Mans by myself, so you guys are my people if you don’t mind me hanging out with you.” Also on that trip, I told him I wanted to use his headers, cat delete etc on my FGT but it wouldn’t pass emissions inspection in my home state and it would be too cumbersome to have to return the GT back to stock every year to pass inspection. He offered to let me use his home address and register my car at his home in Tennesee. He said “I can get a cow a license plate in Tennesee”.

That's a cool dude 👍

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Really sad, he was a good friend. We met in the 90's when John Vermeersch introduced us and of course John and he picked my engineering brain all night. That night in a Las Vegas hotel I went to work on designing dies to mark and emboss the Borla name in the products. Always a gentleman with a little bit of a John Wayne flair. Next year he introduced me to Willie G. and the Screaming Eagle Muffler was born again in a Las Vegas hotel room. Alex always bought every meal and listened as well as he spoke. R.I.P. my old friend. Nobody gets off this earth alive. Time to get right with the creator before it's your turn.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Very sad to hear of this.
I have a branch of my family tree that came here after WW2 from Romania. Lost everything, first the third reich, then the Soviets.
Double whammy.
This fine gentleman fully understood the value of what it means to be here. Again I am saddened to hear of his passing. Condolences to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: STORMCAT

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I missed this. So sorry to hear. Although I never met him he sounds like my kind of person. Rest in peace Alex.

Reactions: STORMCAT