Geneva show car

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Quite the contrary with KW HLS suspension for the 05/06 which is down when engine is off.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
The car needs to be running to be in the lowered mode.

Oh no - I would need a kill switch when going to car shows... :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I told them already they need to reflash a "cars and coffee" mode.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ

absolutely Raj.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016

Isn't the button for manually raising the spoiler already meant for that? (or is it one of the modes that puts the spoiler up independent of speed?).

Road&Track: "And fear not, showoffs: The rear wing will still raise up even if you haven't dropped the car down into its super-low Track suspension setting. In Normal mode, the wing goes up at 90mph, down at 81; in Sport mode, the wing goes up at 71, down at 45. Even better, you can raise the rear wing to its full plumage when parked. But be warned: it'll retract as soon as you drive off—unless you're in Track mode, which you shouldn't be unless you're at the track."

Last edited:

Philipp

Feb 10, 2017
Just awaiting final confirmation on the schedule, but they should have a full production car there that you will be able to sit in Phil.

HI there,

I'm following this forum since some Ford choose me to be on the list, many thanks again, i'm super happy to be between the lucky ones ;like you guys! It's very interesting to read here as we guys in Europa hear hardly anything from the "Concierge Service". So far I asked them twice to update me if it's possible to try out the Geneva Car. I also wondered if it's possible to order the competition version in Europa but to both accounts they have not come back to me. Now the Geneva show is approaching and I need to do some bookings so I was hoping you guys can inform me if the NFGT is on display and possible to sit for guys on the listr. I don't think it's hard to have the list there and show your passport to get to feel the NFGT up close.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers Philipp

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Courtesy of French member Pierre .. Looks like the Heritage is going to Geneva

http://www.gims.swiss/en/premieres/European-premieres/ford-gt-66-Heritage-edition-11093

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations. Hopefully someone can answer your questions.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

totally agree... please Ford listen to Mr DBK!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Isn't the button for manually raising the spoiler already meant for that? (or is it one of the modes that puts the spoiler up independent of speed?).

Road&Track: "And fear not, showoffs: The rear wing will still raise up even if you haven't dropped the car down into its super-low Track suspension setting. In Normal mode, the wing goes up at 90mph, down at 81; in Sport mode, the wing goes up at 71, down at 45. Even better, you can raise the rear wing to its full plumage when parked. But be warned: it'll retract as soon as you drive off—unless you're in Track mode, which you shouldn't be unless you're at the track."

I think they are talking about having the car stay in the low position when turned off with the wing in the up position

Philipp

Feb 10, 2017
Courtesy of French member Pierre .. Looks like the Heritage is going to Geneva

http://www.gims.swiss/en/premieres/European-premieres/ford-gt-66-Heritage-edition-11093

Many thanks for this great info Stormcat!!

This morning I got a call from Ford explaining me as well that there will be a NFGT on display and indeed it will be possible for the lucky ones like me being selected to feel the car up close. I'm extremely looking forward to see the Heritage up close as thats my no 1 choice.

Cheers and thanks again!

Philipp

Philipp

Feb 10, 2017
I hope it's ok I repost some picture of the matt Heritage GT arriving in Geneva. Can't wait to see it up close this weekend!

What a BOMB!!

img_9692-jpg.399815

img_9692-jpg.399818

img_9692-jpg.399816

img_9692-jpg.399817

CHeers,
Philipp

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
Very nice! But wheels should be gold :rolleyes

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
Wow- thats a unicorn...
-Wheels are not gold
-Calipers are not silver
-Interior is Launch Control

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
So this is not a real Heritage car but probably the no.1 car with matt wrap and Heritage stickers (mirrors not installed and no mounting points visible)? Although difficult to see if these are the carbon wheels.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's not a legit heritage.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Many thanks for this great info Stormcat!!

This morning I got a call from Ford explaining me as well that there will be a NFGT on display and indeed it will be possible for the lucky ones like me being selected to feel the car up close. I'm extremely looking forward to see the Heritage up close as thats my no 1 choice.

Cheers and thanks again!

Philipp

No problem, Thanks for posting the pics !!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Those are not CF wheels.

Although difficult to see if these are the carbon wheels.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
Article with pics of the "heritage" GT now on Geneva display:
https://www.autogespot.com/geneva-2017:-ford-gt

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
It's not a legit heritage.

Is it actually that white protoype with a wrap?