Geneva show car

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Anyone know what car will be at the Geneva show this year? Two years ago I flew out to see the original liquid blue car but it was strictly no touching and defiantly no opening of doors. If it's the same this year I'll not bother with the Ford stand, there's so much other stuff to see...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Contact your concierge. They're supposed to help.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How can I get Dr Frank to be my concierge?

Ed

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Contact your concierge. They're supposed to help.

You're forgetting we're second class citizens here in Europe, our concierge isn't told much and seems to be sidelined. It's all very parochial from Ford.

Frightening to think what it'll be like with servicing and on going support!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
We can always count on you to have a positive outlook on things!

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
LOL!

Ed

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
We can always count on you to have a positive outlook on things!

So you think that my concerns aren't justified? Are you saying that if you were in my position you wouldn't find it odd that I get offers to go to the stands of other manufacturers (McLaren, Ferrari etc) yet can't even find out what car will be on the Ford stand (a car that I'm supposed to be spending a lot of money on in the next few months)? McLaren are flying some of their customers in on private jets, yet Ford can't even say if I can look at the car!

Reality always catches up with you in the end. It is, by all sane measures, an incredible amount of money to spend on a car. If that doesn't make you question things you literally have more money than sense.

Blind faith just isn't compatible with things costing $500,000+ in my world.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
So you think that my concerns aren't justified? Are you saying that if you were in my position you wouldn't find it odd that I get offers to go to the stands of other manufacturers (McLaren, Ferrari etc) yet can't even find out what car will be on the Ford stand (a car that I'm supposed to be spending a lot of money on in the next few months)? McLaren are flying some of their customers in on private jets, yet Ford can't even say if I can look at the car!

Reality always catches up with you in the end. It is, by all sane measures, an incredible amount of money to spend on a car. If that doesn't make you question things you literally have more money than sense.

Blind faith just isn't compatible with things costing $500,000+ in my world.

I am just a poor ole country boy from Texas so I don't have the same expectations as you. I don't need to be pampered or made feel like I am important. No fancy airplane ride needed here....

From your posts here and on facebook... I just don't think Ford is going to be able to make you happy, before or after delivery. Maybe you should save you both the headache and go get a McLaren or something to your standards.

Just a suggestion...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just awaiting final confirmation on the schedule, but they should have a full production car there that you will be able to sit in Phil.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
Anyone know what car will be at the Geneva show this year? Two years ago I flew out to see the original liquid blue car but it was strictly no touching and defiantly no opening of doors. If it's the same this year I'll not bother with the Ford stand, there's so much other stuff to see...

Considering what a GT looked like two years ago, there's little doubt they will have a new, production-spec car on display. Which one, is anyone's guess...

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
That's very good news. I hope they have more information about the sale and service process in Europe. According to my infos no one knows anything about the sale or service dealers selected right now.

V8 FGT

GT Owner
Oct 2, 2005
London
We Europeans may be a bit frustrated with the lack of information, however my take is most of us do not have to spec our NFGT's until at least July17 , so why sweat it? That's plenty of time for all of the pertinent info to be conveyed by Ford, we will have a plethora of road tests, journo's views and huge amounts of info from the always helpful North American contingent on here,some of whom would have had their cars for some time already.
IF any of us are annoyed/upset and throwing low flying teddies about the process we can walk away having not paid ONE.SINGLE.CENT to FMC. Simples.
Old addage stands firm: you pays your money and takes your choice.

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
Black and Orange in Chicago...
16508521_901575593278928_8501749574724756399_n.jpg

16681955_10154403641947773_8326551671031308955_n.jpg

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Nice. Gotta think about flying to Geneva. Usually I avoid car shows, too many people especially around the most interesting cars :willy

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That's very good news. I hope they have more information about the sale and service process in Europe. According to my infos no one knows anything about the sale or service dealers selected right now.

Here in the USA only the people currently ordering their NGTs know who the sale & service dealers are. The concierge when you order will review it with you. If you order in 2018 or in later years the dealers might change so it's best to wait.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Nice. Gotta think about flying to Geneva. Usually I avoid car shows, too many people especially around the most interesting cars :willy

The shows in the USA are the same way. That's why I get there right when they open. The crowds don't get bad until later in the day!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Black and Orange in Chicago...

I'll be there soon to see it. I wonder why Ford won't display it in the dropped/lowered mode?

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll be there soon to see it. I wonder why Ford won't display it in the dropped/lowered mode?

Ed

The car needs to be running to be in the lowered mode.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...Are you saying that if you were in my position you wouldn't find it odd that I get offers to go to the stands of other manufacturers (McLaren, Ferrari etc) yet can't even find out what car will be on the Ford stand (a car that I'm supposed to be spending a lot of money on in the next few months)? McLaren are flying some of their customers in on private jets, yet Ford can't even say if I can look at the car!...

I think that these companies Phil that you mention sell these type of cars all the time. For Ford the '05-06 GT & the NGT are special one off vehicles. Ford won't be doing this on a regular basis so we have to give them some slack & not compare them to others. We are so fortunate & blessed to have been selected. If you have any confidence in Ford & their products you will have "faith". It will all be good :)

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The car needs to be running to be in the lowered mode.

There needs to be a fix for this. Maybe by the 2018 models! LOL

Ed