Dose anyone know anything about this exhaust system

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Not a darn thing ... but, if you'll go to G's website, they have pics of the whole 9 yards + prices ~~~~~~~~

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
From the pictures it looks as if they welded extensions to the Cats and went strait out the back. I don't see any H or X crossover pipes. If that is turn the exhaust note will be much louder and rawer!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
From the pictures it looks as if they welded extensions to the Cats and went strait out the back. I don't see any H or X crossover pipes. If that is turn the exhaust note will be much louder and rawer!
And how might that effect performance?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
And how might that effect performance?

Most will say there's slightly more torque & H.P. to be had with the X or H pipes. :shrug

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
If you go to their website and place your mouse on the exhaust picture it mentions Borla cat back.

Dave

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
If you go to their website and place your mouse on the exhaust picture it mentions Borla cat back.

Dave

That sucks!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Yup, I heard it at B-J. Yogi said a California car passed the snifter test...
I find the sound aggressive but liveable. Beautiful workmanship.:thumbsup

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
I guess I will have to update our website. A while back we were using the Borla exhaust system. We have now designed our own header and cat-back silencer system. I am in the Phoenix airport right now awaiting my flight back to Green Bay. When the car makes it back to Green Bay (Wednesday or so) I will get an audio clip of the exhaust and post a link. Bony hit it on the head when he said it is aggressive. I think it adds a nice throaty sound to it. But as I said, I will post a clip soon!

kiknyass

Jan 10, 2007
so i am woundering if anyone knows of any specs. Like baseline dyno runs and silencer system dyno runs. I guess i want to know if there is any hp gain or what it is even doing something for the performance end of things

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006

If you look closely, you can see it appears the Genaddi header system is very similar to the Stainless Works (SW) basic header. Connecting to this basic tube header system and replacing the stock cast iron manifold, SW offers a straight back piping addition direct to the bumper exhaust outlet area, or a Random Technologies replacement high flow catalytic converter with straight back outlet pipes, both of which connect to the headers with collector adapters.

Update: In fact, it appears the header part of the system is from Stainless Works...note the label on the headers. The collector ends appear slightly different than the SW photos, but their pieces differ depending upon whether or not a cat or long tube component is part of the system. Genaddi may be the same, and the header back part of Genaddi's system may be different than SW's, although I haven't seen pictures to compare. SW may not have the polished tip option, which does look nice on the Genaddi's. Perhaps the folks from Genaddi can speak better to this issue?

The pricing from SW on the complete system including cats is $2413.95; the system without the cats is $1993.95; headers only are $1573.95. Ceramic coating inside/outside on the headers only is an additional $300.00.

A far cry from $5100.00 for the Genaddi system, although I don't know if that price includes the coating and/or installation.

A further updated note: The final outlet exhaust passage hole in the stock cast iron manifold, as you look back into the oulet, appears only slightly larger than the sizing of a single cylinder's exhaust outlet hole. This means the combined volume of four cylinders has to squeeze through a final passage about one-fourth the size of their total volume. At high RPMs and high flow, and with all due respect to others on this forum who have argued headers add little to performance, I don't see how a good set of headers cannot contribute in some manner positively to the engine's performance.

I understand these folks are going to be running a detailed evalution of the FRPP long tube headers conversion and the SW header and header/cat system options, including construction quality: www.fordgtsupercar.com Click on "Automotive Systems"...

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Richard, that's an interesting website. Wonder where they'll get their info.

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
To compare one companies prices to another is an American tradition that I hope never ends. We must, however, keep in mind that each company sets its own pricing accordingly. The price of our Genaddi Silencer system does include installation and the exhaust tips that are seen. We are not so bold as to think that our options will be purchased by every owner of a Ford GT. With that in mind, I say again, we must spread development costs over a smaller number of cars than if we were developing options for say a Z06. Of which GM will produce more cars in 2006 alone than Ford produced GT's total.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
To compare one companies prices to another is an American tradition that I hope never ends. We must, however, keep in mind that each company sets its own pricing accordingly. The price of our Genaddi Silencer system does include installation and the exhaust tips that are seen. We are not so bold as to think that our options will be purchased by every owner of a Ford GT. With that in mind, I say again, we must spread development costs over a smaller number of cars than if we were developing options for say a Z06. Of which GM will produce more cars in 2006 alone than Ford produced GT's total.

Yes sir! I think each potential buyer has to decide what is best for them.

kiknyass

Jan 10, 2007
deleted by moderator, insulting post.

Please, think before hitting the send button, you have 7 posts, have been warned by the forum owner, I have as a moderator deleted your post. You are off to a rocky start on this forum. Either get it together or go troll elsewhere. Final warning.
Next step is a VACATION.

Daniel S. Bonyhadi

Last edited by a moderator:

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006

Thanks for your reply to my post...I have added an update to it. You are quite right, and any differences can be expensive if spread across fewer cars. Since your cost includes installation and the nice tips, that also must be considered. I also believe SW's system is installed with clamps, and if you fit and weld your header back pieces to their headers (if indeed you source from SW) using a jig you have developed, that is a further value-add. The pictures I have seen seem to indicate your pipes are welded. Is that also true? Thanks for your comments, I hope everything helps the original questioner.

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
I know I promised this a while ago. However, it is done now. Follow this link to a video clip for the sound of sound of the Genaddi Silencer System.

http://gtx1.com/videochoices.html

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Exhaust video

I know I promised this a while ago. However, it is done now. Follow this link to a video clip for the sound of sound of the Genaddi Silencer System.

http://gtx1.com/videochoices.html

Aug 25, 2006
If you look closely, you can see it appears the Genaddi header system is very similar to the Stainless Works (SW) basic header. Connecting to this basic tube header system and replacing the stock cast iron manifold, SW offers a straight back piping addition direct to the bumper exhaust outlet area, or a Random Technologies replacement high flow catalytic converter with straight back outlet pipes, both of which connect to the headers with collector adapters.

Update: In fact, it appears the header part of the system is from Stainless Works...note the label on the headers. The collector ends appear slightly different than the SW photos, but their pieces differ depending upon whether or not a cat or long tube component is part of the system. Genaddi may be the same, and the header back part of Genaddi's system may be different than SW's, although I haven't seen pictures to compare. SW may not have the polished tip option, which does look nice on the Genaddi's. Perhaps the folks from Genaddi can speak better to this issue?

The pricing from SW on the complete system including cats is $2413.95; the system without the cats is $1993.95; headers only are $1573.95. Ceramic coating inside/outside on the headers only is an additional $300.00.

A far cry from $5100.00 for the Genaddi system, although I don't know if that price includes the coating and/or installation.

A further updated note: The final outlet exhaust passage hole in the stock cast iron manifold, as you look back into the oulet, appears only slightly larger than the sizing of a single cylinder's exhaust outlet hole. This means the combined volume of four cylinders has to squeeze through a final passage about one-fourth the size of their total volume. At high RPMs and high flow, and with all due respect to others on this forum who have argued headers add little to performance, I don't see how a good set of headers cannot contribute in some manner positively to the engine's performance.

I understand these folks are going to be running a detailed evalution of the FRPP long tube headers conversion and the SW header and header/cat system options, including construction quality: www.fordgtsupercar.com Click on "Automotive Systems"...

Huuum

I for one liked the looks of the Stainless Works exhaust system so much that I purchased it; in fact at least two other Forum members agreed as such I have 3 complete systems being fabricated by Al's team at Stainless Works for me at this time.

Now I understand that "service" is a primary issue when it comes to considering whether to have another work on your gal as such I feel that Genaddi offers just this; a unique automotive personalization program as such at whatever price they feel necessary to perform the requested task is fine with me because in the end to a person we remain free to make a choice.

Here is my only worthy comment on this exhaust; the picture on the Genaddi web site clearly show the Stainless Works logo on the system as such it would seem safe to assume that it is the same system.

Yogi I hope that I am not out of line in saying that I too use numerous products manufactured by other companies generally because the cost associated with fabrication (particularly a few number of pieces) is high as such that it makes more sense to allow a major player in that particular arena such as exhaust to recover this through mass marketing when compared to attempting to recover it off the backs of a few one piece at a time. I think that you should openly share that you selected Stainless Works as the company of choice for whatever the reasons were. For example because it fits the best, maybe sounds the best, or ????, you found the team headed by Al to be receptive to your needs and manner of doing business, etc. but instead I see the question as to what exhaust you use not being answered and I find this more than a little interesting.

In closing; it would seem to me that openly sharing your alliance and embellishing on the fact that you use a unique tip or ??? would add credibility to this thread.

BTW: the Stainless Works system is offered with the back half completely polished however holding true to form the 3 system that I ordered will not be as I know that a polished exhaust = more heat and in this case it would be more heat within the engine bay.

Truly I have no interest in ruffling feathers as yet I like disclosure particularly when the answer is already known

All the best

Shadowman

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Shadowman,

Yes Stainless Works does provide the primary header lay out as you have said you can see in pictures, we don't try to hide it. What we do from there is proprietary, I am sure you understand. We do heavy modifications to the remaining system in order to run the stock cats and stock O2 sensors within the silencer system. The sound is very important to us and the buyers of our systems so we do not wish to "openly share" what we have done to get there, again I am sure you can understand our need to preserve this as proprietary information. But, if you wish to buy their complete system and put it on it is a great one, enjoy.