Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
How did you get a ring gear for the starter onto that quad clutch
We are using the stock flywheel.

As a side note, Several months ago I noticed a problem with my shifter. It no longer returned to a numeral position between 3rd and 4th. The cable become somewhat jammed. Although I won’t know until I get the old cable back from John, I suspect this occurred as a result of heat, as the cable passes thru the motor (between the motor block and intake manifold). I was generating a lot more heat than a stock motor but it may be a problem other people, in hot climates, see eventually.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
We are using the stock flywheel.

As a side note, Several months ago I noticed a problem with my shifter. It no longer returned to a numeral position between 3rd and 4th. The cable become somewhat jammed. Although I won’t know until I get the old cable back from John, I suspect this occurred as a result of heat, as the cable passes thru the motor (between the motor block and intake manifold). I was generating a lot more heat than a stock motor but it may be a problem other people, in hot climates, see eventually.

I believe that Rich and Dennis have replaces several and do something to guard from heat when they do it because the sheath to the cable melts from the heat.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I believe that Rich and Dennis have replaces several and do something to guard from heat when they do it because the sheath to the cable melts from the heat.

Apparently this is common. When Rich had my car 2 months ago he sent me a photo of my cable and the covering was completely melted too. He replaced it and covered it with a heat shield.

Chip

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Good to know it wasn’t that I overheated this motor.

I spoke with John earlier. They are buttoning up the motor and putting on the final nicknacks. Hopefully it will be on a crate, headed back to Texas tomorrow.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
How much power are your hoping to get out of the Accufab motor and the whipple if you dont mind me asking? From the sounds of the engine build I would expect the motor could handle all that the whipple could throw at it...

Thanks,

Mark H.

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
When we are done, this motor will be the same build that John would recommend for 1500+hp TT applications. The 4.0L Whipple won't be able to supply enough air to hit my target of 1000 rwhp on pump gas but we should get pretty close. On E85, I should be able to get north of 1200 ... and then we will setup a 275 pill for nasty little TT cars that go to fast for their own good. :) -that's the plan now.

Last edited:

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Take some pics when you get the moter especially the clutch. I want to see how they mounted the ring gear.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Will do.

I'd hope to get it by Friday but it's looking more like next week now. I'm not sure if I post a picture of my finished project? Not bad for a guy with a hair dryer and a can of spray paint.

nitrous bottles4.jpg

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Mark, would you bring your spray can over to my place?
I have a car that needs paint....
Great job!

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Re the ring gear,, Its not mounted on the flywheel as per a normal engine , its mounted on the clutch cover, so changing to that Ap or tilton set up would require some serious mods.. R

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I feel like it's my birthday.

EngineCrate.JPG

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's always a fun thing to get in the mail!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Awesome Mark!!! GET THAT THING IN THERE................When do you guys plan on having it running?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Awesome Mark!!! GET THAT THING IN THERE................When do you guys plan on having it running?
That's the million dollar question for me. I'm not sure how far along Shawn is with the wiring harness. We have a few fabrication projects but all of that is either small stuff or 90% done (you know how that goes tho).

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Who's a sexy motor?
attachment.php

You're a sexy motor, thats who. Daddy likes big ports.

Attachments

• Accufab3.jpg
    Accufab3.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 734
  • Accufab4.jpg
    Accufab4.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 792
  • Accufab5.jpg
    Accufab5.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 809
  • Accufab6.jpg
    Accufab6.jpg