FS: Pair of Ford GT Seats - Brand New in Wrappers

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
I have a pair of new Ford GT Seats for sale (drivers side and passenger side) - brand new, never sat in or installed in a car (still in the Sparco plastic wrap).

I am asking about 50% of new MSRP price on these ($8900.00) which I think is very reasonable. I know that most of us get at least 20-25% off MSRP.

The seats are in new (obviously) condition and also include the seat tracks & towel bars. As you guys know, I am building up a second GT for track use and have decided not to use the stock seats due to my height and am building my own custom direct bolt in seats so these are now up for sale.

The Ford Dealer MSRP prices on these:
RH Back = $3591.67
RH Lower = $4295.85
Track = $648.15

LH Back = $3968.43
LH Lower = $4467.68
Track = $648.15

Total: $17,619.93 MSRP from Ford Dealer

email with any questions. I'd prefer to sell them as a pair for now.
Shipping is regular UPS because they come apart so easy and ship in (4) boxes.

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Pictures attached per some peoples request. yes, price is negotiable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
New rule:
From here om out no selling until you have made 75 quality posts.
Does not apply to life members

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yikes! How about a new rule requiring a warning before posting the MSRP on Ford parts. I almost injured myself falling out of my chair.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
do you still have the seats?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I want/ need the lower drivers side as I just destroyed mine looking at YOUR FRIGGING PRICES!

Rule - on nice days no more BBlackBerry'ng in the FGT!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Mike.....
what u say? :)
My crackleberry is always in my hand.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Mike.....
what u say? :)

My crackleberry is always in my hand.

Sorry Bonyraptor - when I saw this I was in the FGT today, on the way home awaiting a light change on the crackerberry and WHAM! YEhaaaa seats for $10K!

(I hate the FGT tax- but at least I know GTJOEY has a stash of seats when I caught him leaving town early on the last day of RI in Detroit)
:biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yikes! How about a new rule requiring a warning before posting the MSRP on Ford parts. I almost injured myself falling out of my chair.

:lol

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
"FS: Pair of Ford GT Seats - Brand New in SOLID GOLD Wrappers"
Honestly, I would not know if this was a fair price for the seats or not. I have never priced them although I would imagine that they are high from ford being premium leather and carbon Fiber. I remember reading on some other threads that they are very high from ford so this guys price may not be bad. :shrug

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Even at 40% off it would be 10000.00 for the seats and tracks.
Looks to be a good deal if you would like a extra set.

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
The prices are as of current MSRP list from Ford Dealer. I track prices on just about all the parts because I am repairing a car and I've noticed the prices are continuing to go up on all the parts - especially body parts. Headlights are now NLA due to supplier went out of business. A-arms are getting tough to find (lower rear a-arms took 10 months for me to get from the Dealer - they were B.O. that long due to bushing availability from ZF.)

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The prices are as of current MSRP list from Ford Dealer. I track prices on just about all the parts because I am repairing a car and I've noticed the prices are continuing to go up on all the parts - especially body parts. Headlights are now NLA due to supplier went out of business. A-arms are getting tough to find (lower rear a-arms took 10 months for me to get from the Dealer - they were B.O. that long due to bushing availability from ZF.)

That's scary. I hate to think someday I may have to cannibalize one of my cars just to keep the other one runnning.

Oh well, at least I have a spare!:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I checked on the price of 'seats back in late '06. I know for a fact that in the Ford parts book they were $3,500 a piece THEN. (I was standing right beside my local dealer's parts mgr when he brought it up on the 'screen.)

Obviously, FGT parts have been doing MUCH better than the stock market since...:bored

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I checked on the price of 'seats back in late '06. I know for a fact that in the Ford parts book they were $3,500 a piece THEN. (I was standing right beside my local dealer's parts mgr when he brought it up on the 'screen.)

Obviously, FGT parts have been doing MUCH better than the stock market since...:bored

Which shows you, those who have more than one FGT as the smart ones, and those that sold their one and only FGT as the du*b ones.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Your Ford dealer may have messed up also because you have to order the tops and the bottoms seperate. They are about 3500 a piece dealer cost and have always been.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...those that sold their one and only FGT as the du*b ones.

Not sarahnessally! 'Cause HE doesn't hafta sweat buyin' replacement parts AT ALL, now does he! :rofl :tongue

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Your Ford dealer may have messed up also because you have to order the tops and the bottoms seperate. They are about 3500 a piece dealer cost and have always been.

I remember the parts screen showing $3,500 for the whole seat. Now, granted, that was about 2 years ago (or more) and I can't tell ya for sure what I had for lunch yesterday. So, 'tis very possible you're right. But, I remember the price as stated. :thumbsup :cheers

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I may need 1 seat ,due to the fact the united states postal service can't find mine !!! What the hell ,its only been 30 days ,they suck !!! It was insured for 4k ,although who knows how long it will take for the seat or check to show ! Mean while i have a 1 seat gal !!any one want to split the pair with me ??

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
empty he's right. I looked those up about 2 years ago..you have to search because it doesn't come right out and say it but its sold seperate base and back...$3500 each so $7000 to make one full seat!