Fruit loop state strikes again!

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
Let me be clear about this, I live in new York and hate it here, but California is completely off the deep end. A lawsuit against 6 automobile manufactures is crazy. Why not sue them all, why not sue the owners who bought and drive them? They don't pollute if they are not used, don't buy them don't use them? Its nuts, almost funny if it wasn"t scary... Tobacco, McDonalds, whats next... dairy cow flatullance.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
escman said:
Why not sue them all, why not sue the owners who bought and drive them? They don't pollute if they are not used, don't buy them don't use them?

Because this is America damnit, and some evil corporation is responsible for everything! :rolleyes

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DBK said:
Because this is America damnit, and some evil corporation is responsible for everything! :rolleyes
And all of us that own them!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Spirit said:
And all of us that own them!!!

What??? People have something to do with corporations? I was told they are just evil machines that run on greed, baby seal pelts, and kittens!

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
if i was a California resident, what would absolutely gut me is the fact that my over-taxed tax dollers are being used for this 100% fruitless, and frivilous persuit.

Depending on the judge in the local district court, this ought to be simply dismissed... but being california... who knows...

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DBK said:
What??? People have something to do with corporations? I was told they are just evil machines that run on greed, baby seal pelts, and kittens!
Only if you’re a masochist, and are at the mercy of the price of oil.

I threaten to retire weekly, but then all I would do is haunt this thread and drive the GT.

Hummm, now that doesn’t sound so bad.

The week isn’t over yet!!

Last edited:

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
escman said:
Let me be clear about this, I live in new York and hate it here, but California is completely off the deep end. A lawsuit against 6 automobile manufactures is crazy. Why not sue them all, why not sue the owners who bought and drive them? They don't pollute if they are not used, don't buy them don't use them? Its nuts, almost funny if it wasn"t scary... Tobacco, McDonalds, whats next... dairy cow flatullance.

Lawsuits like this really do bug me, but hey it gives lawyers a job!

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
nthfinity said:
if i was a California resident, what would absolutely gut me is the fact that my over-taxed tax dollers are being used for this 100% fruitless, and frivilous persuit.

Depending on the judge in the local district court, this ought to be simply dismissed... but being california... who knows...

The lunitics are running the asylum here and I get to pay for it! What a deal :frown

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
GOD BLESS RONALD REAGAN ! :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
whats next... dairy cows....

the tree huggers have stopped dairy expansion a long time ago.
wait till Jerry Brown becomes our attorney general.... :thumbsdow

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I want out of the PRK so bad I can't stand it. This state just flat sucks. Somebody once said: if you can't get it done on the soapbox, go to ballot box. When the ballot box does not work anymore it is time to go to the ammo box. I know this sounds extreme, but the price of freedom is a costly venture. Thank God for those past & present who are willing to fight for it.TI

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
isaakgt said:
I want out of the PRK so bad I can't stand it. This state just flat sucks. Somebody once said: if you can't get it done on the soapbox, go to ballot box. When the ballot box does not work anymore it is time to go to the ammo box. I know this sounds extreme, but the price of freedom is a costly venture. Thank God for those past & present who are willing to fight for it.TI

.... if it sucks so bad why are all these folks moving here legally or illegally? :banana Until you are stuck in 2 hours of Chicago rush hour traffic and it is 30 degrees below and you pay $300 per month to park you don't understand what we got. How many traffic lights in Chowchila are there? :biggrin I love the Valley, trying to make changes, but there is far more good than evil.

ever see a sign like this in the sunshine state, ok we are the land of fruit and nuts but the weather is pretty good. :biggrin

Attachments

• image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
tells us about your motorcycles... what '47s do you have... ?

Last edited:

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
can someone explain, would this really get off the ground?

can the car makers fight it in fed court?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
jasper said:
can someone explain, would this really get off the ground?

can the car makers fight it in fed court?

In the USA, John, you can sue anyone, no bonds, nothing. Unlike most places where the looser pays the others court costs and expenses it doesn't work that way in the USA. Fact is the Atty Gen. Locklear won't even be arround to try this case. It is nothing but a publicity stunt. Why not sue the car owners that are creating the polution or the land lease owners that hold the oil rights since the fuel's emissions are what are creating the problems. Shear lunacy.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The school district that my kids go to in so cal was sued by a student(parents) who was autistic. His parents claimed that the school district didn't help him enough, even though he was assigned a full time school buddy, many special aid teachers and a number of special/expensive programs. The student lost in the local courts, but appealed it to the 9th district court of appeals in San Francisco. The appeals court overturned the lower courts verdict and awared the student 6 million dollars. The local school district now spends over 1/4 of its total budget for special needs children.

The school must now also mainstream the special needs kids. Many of them are not able to read write or otherwise communicate, but they are placed in regular classes. Welcome to the Wackey World of California.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I lived in CA all of my life, but predict that I will move out as soon as my 2 kids go to college. Unfortunately that is a ways off, the youngest is only 4 years old!

BlackICE

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Come on... I can't believe you guys have a problem with this. The automakers must be in the wrong. They don't call this the land of fruits and nuts for nuttin... I think I will start working 18 hour days to help fund this. Oh wait.. I already do... I'm starting a fund... Can I get all of you from the forum that live outside California to donate a few bucks to help us cover the bills? Come on... dig deep... GT Joey, DBK????

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
mates wife had an operation, part of a clamp was left inside
her until it was found 3 years later.

could not sue the doctor because she was a housewife and
NOT gainfully employed :bs

i think it must be all those white cars in cali :lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Hey now Jasper... the white cars are the only clean ones. Unbelieveable about your friends wife. That really sounds like a California law.