Front license plate bracket

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Hi everyone. I'm sure no one here has never bolted the front license plate bracket on the new GT right? lol
For those who live in states that demand a front license plate what have you been doing? Just sold another to California and the owner would love a way to have it on there when needed but not have to drill holes obviously. I thought what if there was someone that made a bracket that screws into the where the front tow hook goes? Would be super easy to remove when at car shows, in garage,... Does anyone make anything like this? I know there are some of you out there that could fabricate something like this. Hint hint...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm in California. Have him call me. I have no front license plate. I drove my '05 GT for 55,000 mi. Almost all those miles in California. No ticket. I've driven my NGT 2700 mi in California. No ticket. If I do ever get a ticket it's a $10 to 15 fix it ticket. Have a bud sign it off & pay the $10 or 15. Problem solved!

Ed

Reactions: 93extxdps

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Contact these guys directly
They don’t show a direct application however they can fab any length needed.
I had them make me a go pro mount to tow hook for my 05 GT.
503-506-0444

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
On cars delivered in Europe, there are threaded holes under the top of the car's nose. Is this the case for cars delivered to the USA ? I suppose so.

These holes make it possible to fix a "horrible" plate support that disfigures the muzzle of the car. (photo below).

This device is in two pieces, a support and an entourage.

If we remove the entourage we can fix the plate on the support alone, which is almost satisfactory, except that the plate is tilted forward like ugly teeth. (Photos below).

On J080, I made two brackets that correct this defect.

IMG_0255.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Ed Sims

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Agree ! A pretty ugly sight!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have had one of these for the 05 for a very long time, tried it on the 18, it works. Note I ONLY use it to get an annual state inspection.

20180622_095307.jpg

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I’m in Virginia and tried all sorts of stuff. The tow hook (looks funky, out of place); a bracket that secures underneath and not in front , 2 sided extra strength tape and there is even a company in Canada that makes an adhesive reproduction of your plate .

When I stop at the local WAWA there is often a bunch of state troopers on break. I’ll ask “who wants to be the first to write me up”. They all claim they’d never do so on “a car that pretty.” But, it’s a little different on the road —been pulled 3 times in 20 years—only 1 ticket. They just want to car talk.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
I have the Mower Deck Axle Co. bracket. It works on both my 06 and new 19 GTs. Their address is 710 State Route 26, Willet, NY. 13863-1317. Only have as backup to get any fix it ticket signed off. Never on vehicle otherwise.

Reactions: Awsum GT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I've heard Dr Frank has been deputized & can sign off on your front plate tickets!

Ed

PolitoFordRacing

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Apr 24, 2018
Lindsay Ontario Canada
We went this route. I made a carbon fiber plate mount that inserts through the grille backed with 3m. Trimmed the plate itself to reduce air blockage.

Attachments

• Gt front plate bracket.jpg
    Gt front plate bracket.jpg
    690.8 KB · Views: 36
  • plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: DG1

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Do you sell these?

PolitoFordRacing

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Apr 24, 2018
Lindsay Ontario Canada
Do you sell these?
I have only made the one, if there was enough interest I would see about producing a run of them.