Front bumper removal?

Juan Cooldude

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2008
I'm thinking of installing venture shield on my GT and would like to paint the bumper to make it new before applying the film. I would like to take just the bumper to the painters if possible.

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to remove the front bumper/nose? I would like to remove the piece/pieces that are forward of the L/R fender and hood. Is this something an average skilled owner can do..or something I should leave to the bodyshop?

I have the workshop manual but don't see any instructions for front bumper removal.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The workshop manual instructions are sparse to say the least. Email me and I can forward you some more in depth information that I picked up from Bill.

torrie@fastpartsnetwork.com

Aug 25, 2006
The workshop manual instructions are sparse to say the least. Email me and I can forward you some more in depth information that I picked up from Bill.

torrie@fastpartsnetwork.com

As tmpail shared; we are here to assist

I have had many of them off the gals and the process is not difficult

All the best

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
As tmpail shared; we are here to assist

I have had many of them off the gals and the process is not difficult

All the best

Shadowman

I got em linked up with the info you sent me initially thanks again !

Aug 25, 2006
I got em linked up with the info you sent me initially thanks again !

AWESOME!!!

I like seeing a team effort

Shadowman

Juan Cooldude

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2008
Torrie and Bill, thanks for the help and support.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Np !!!

Adios

GT Owner
Apr 24, 2010
E. Washington State
Bumper removal

If you are in Seattle area, I would recommend Automotive Images in Federal Way . I had to repaint a front fender and the owner, Brandon, posted pictures on his website, http://www.automotiveimagesinc.comI had warranty work done to the fender because it did not match rest of the GT.The work he did was first rate. He removed bumper,front fender,door,nose and hood to do the job right.

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
I too would like instructions to remove front bumper. Please post or PM me the information. I would greatly appreciate it!

Mike Anderson

Aug 25, 2006
I too would like instructions to remove front bumper. Please post or PM me the information. I would greatly appreciate it!

Mike Anderson

Hi Mike

I will be glad to assist

When time permits email or call me and I will share the process.

Takes care

Shadowman

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Hi Mike

I will be glad to assist

When time permits email or call me and I will share the process.

Takes care

Shadowman

I vote for Posting !
Need to know.

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Thanks Shadowman. I will e-mail or call if you don't post on forum in the next week or so. Seems like others are interested too!

Thanks again in advance

Mike

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
RE Post #2

Aug 25, 2006
I will draft a blow by blow and post it in a few days

Takes care

Shadowman

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Shadowman,
I did get the instructions. You might still post the blow by blow instructions for the others. There seems to be a large group interested in how to do this.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman,
I did get the instructions. You might still post the blow by blow instructions for the others. There seems to be a large group interested in how to do this.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Hi Mike

Thank you for the update

IMO the gracious sharing of information and personal experiences is one of the things that makes this Forum strong.

Takes care

Shadowman

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Obviously this is an old thread bump, but I am interested in asking if anyone seeing this has any notes or tips about getting the front bumper cover off. Torrie no longer has the notes he mentions getting from Shadowman 9 years ago.

I do have the shop manual, but thought I'd seek any add'l details.

TIA, Brian

Reactions: GTMD

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Just a couple of years :)

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Obviously this is an old thread bump, but I am interested in asking if anyone seeing this has any notes or tips about getting the front bumper cover off. Torrie no longer has the notes he mentions getting from Shadowman 9 years ago.

I do have the shop manual, but thought I'd seek any add'l details.

TIA, Brian

I would also be interested. Thanks!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i took mine out a few years back to repaint the front clip. I dont remember any specific issues with removal we were taking the whole front clip off at that time so the fenders hood lights and the front bumper came off.. it is straight forward and there is really no trick to it. obviously the inner wheel wells have to come out the lights and the pan on the bottom then you should have access to all the bolts that are holding the front bumper. there are plugs for the fog light and the only thing I remember was somewhat of an issue was the adhesive that actually holds the front of the plastic bumper to the inner hard metal frame bumper, you would have to source out some new adhesive to re install the front bumper. so once you remove all the hardware you have to pull with a little force to break loose the plastic bumper from the inner metal part.

Attachments

• clip off 071.JPG
    clip off 071.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • clip off 072.JPG
    clip off 072.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • clip off 052.JPG
    clip off 052.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • clip off 053.JPG
    clip off 053.JPG