Four post Lift

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
"Hi Gary,

I understand you had some question regarding annual lift inspections.

What the website is referring to doesn’t really apply to home use. It’s primarily business related.

Generally, following the maintenance procedures provided in your lift’s installation manual should be enough.

You can visit our website by following the below link and do a search for service representatives in your area

if you ever feel like something needs to be addressed outside of the basic lift upkeep.

https://app.xtremelocator.com/custom/bendpak/search.php

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you,

Scott Palmer
Customer Service
BendPak / Ranger"

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
...and there you have it!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Unless I missed it...,
Has anyone got any feedback on a Challenger 4 post?
Thnx

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
IMAG0729.jpg

IMAG0731.jpg

IMAG0735.jpg

IMAG0736.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
IMAG0737.jpg

IMAG0738.jpg

IMAG0732.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Looking good Gary.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Nice, is the ceiling 10 ft?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nice, is the ceiling 10 ft?

10' 4". Not sure yet if I have to move the fan or light. The lift isn't operational yet. It doesn't come with a power cord! Just 3 wires out of the relay box.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The lift isn't operational yet. It doesn't come with a power cord! Just 3 wires out of the relay box.

'Ridiculous. Seriously. That's just dumb. 'Never heard of such a thing. :facepalm:

Both of mine (another 'brand') came with a cord.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
10' 4". Not sure yet if I have to move the fan or light. The lift isn't operational yet. It doesn't come with a power cord! Just 3 wires out of the relay box.

Yep, mine came that way too. You are supposed to hard wire it. The installers tested it with temporary wiring I later ran conduit to my sub-panel.

The color scheme reminds me of something else very popular around the world.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Not mine - I have the Directlift. No cord, but I can wire it to 220v. Made my own electrical connection/ cord. Took 5 minutes and $10.00 of parts from Home Depot.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yep, mine came that way too. You are supposed to hard wire it. The installers tested it with temporary wiring I later ran conduit to my sub-panel.

The color scheme reminds me of something else very popular around the world.

Clinton, Yes, they tested it. I may have made a mistake locating the motor (at the rear instead of at the front near the panel), but I have a 220 outlet there, and I can wheel it outside and still be near the outlet. So...it will be soft-wired.

Not being into pop, I'll bite on the color scheme. ???

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Clinton, Yes, they tested it. I may have made a mistake locating the motor (at the rear instead of at the front near the panel), but I have a 220 outlet there, and I can wheel it outside and still be near the outlet. So...it will be soft-wired.

Not being into pop, I'll bite on the color scheme. ???
Don't kill the messenger.

images

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ I don't get it. :/ teehee.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
BTW, for those considering this lift...if you get one air jack, you can attach the air line at the front or rear of the ramp. But! The supplied coiled air hose is really too short to traverse the length of the lift. So...you get a coiled air line about twice the length of the OEM line. Then, you drill holes in the ramp front and rear, screw in two eyelets, and tie a 1/16" cable (with turnbuckle) to the eyelets. The cable runs through the coils of the air line. This keeps the air line close to the ramp so it doesn't droop when you slide the jack back and forth. Sounds way more complicated than it is. Pics will make it easy..when I get it done. Nobody told me about this.

Oh! It took profi installers 4 1/2 hours. This was without drilling holes in the floor. The installation bill came to $600 including umpteen gallons of hydraulic oil (not included with the lift purchase). The installers had to drive 120 mi RT from Sarasota to Tampa to pick up the lift. I say all this because to do all this yourself would mean you value your time and health at zero. :)

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Or maybe mod the ramps so that the one air line comes out of the center.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Or maybe mod the ramps so that the one air line comes out of the center.

Yes. Apparently, that is the way Rotary Revolution lifts do it. Although, Rotary air jacks cost a LOT more. Many considerations in purchasing a lift, with many details not well known.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
That's interesting......I have the narrow and thought the problem was the narrow just barely fit the width of the tires. I see the regular is the same...just the posts are a little farther apart. I had to cut a little off the entrance braces to clear the tires which are line to line with the edge of the ramps. I can quit being un-happy with the narrow now. I think I like the blue better too. Maybe the red is a new color. Looks good. Nice garage.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
^^^ I think there's a good 8 inches on each side of the tire to the entrance braces. A little less on the left side when you use the wide ramp settings like in this pic of my buddy's cars, but still plenty wide.

Attachments

• Bendpak lift.jpg
    Bendpak lift.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 332

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I'm talking about the 45 degree pieces of metal that are right up to the platforms. My Michlines pooch out and ran over the top of the ends so I trimmed them back.