Found On Road Dead...

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
If the tech. " didn't want to remove the console" then i wish he would have just said i am not capable of work on this car instead of doing damage.

Which really makes me wonder about the transmission swap, I forgot to mention when I opened up the clamshell there was a bunch of wires, hoses that weren't secured in their clips, just hanging there.

My question is where to go from here. I'm told that its the dealers responsibility to fix the damage they've done, not fords. Let this be a lesson to those of you who complain about little noises and rattles, I've now had two dealers tear my car apart to chase down these noises and each time I've gotten it back its been worse for the wear.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I almost forgot, did I mention the 35+ test miles they put on my car?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I almost forgot, did I mention the 35+ test miles they put on my car?

Mike I'm so sorry to hear that your troubles continue. This is why I'm grateful to have the time and facilities to take care of my own girl. I know you're not in to bashing the dealers by name but maybe you can PM me the two dealers you've dealt with. I'll know not to recommend them. Just a sad story again I feel your pain....

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
I can't believe that. Unfortunately since it is damage done by the dealer it is on them to fix it and not Ford.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Does Saleen perform warranty work?

H

HHGT

First I am truly sorry for all your pains. I had a similar (but with a lot lesser car) situation some time ago. The lawyer decided to get everyones attention and he did. Not only did he sue the dealer, but he also sued each individual that touched the car and for the entire value of the car. The dealer was then given a reasonable amount of time to remedy the situation or we would have gone full press. The dealer did the right thing and bought the car back at fair market value. I later found out he was pressured by the auto manufacturer to settle or it would have set a precedence across the brand. Not to mention the look at each one of the grease monkeys faces.

If I was in your shoes, I would seriously consider tracking the car but only after a competent mechanic had the time to fix the problems. Alternatively, contact some of teams planning to track GTs and see if they would have an interest in the car.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Thanks for the responses guys. I would still just like to get the car fixed right, I don't want to part with it, I have an emotional bond with this particular car otherwise I would have lemon lawed it a long time ago.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
That is so insane.

Sorry Mike that you're having to deal with the BS.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks for the responses guys. I would still just like to get the car fixed right, I don't want to part with it, I have an emotional bond with this particular car otherwise I would have lemon lawed it a long time ago.

Believe me , I Understand ..

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
What kills me here is that whether a FGT or a focus, no ford customer should have their cars dealt with this way.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
What kills me here is that whether a FGT or a focus, no ford customer should have their cars dealt with this way.

Mike you truley have bad luck with dealers. I suggest you Pm Thamon and ask for his advise.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I am so sorry that this has been your experience with such a wonderful car. I have been through things like before (not with my Ford GT), and I feel your pain. I feel you should help others and tell everyone the name of the dealer, or frankly what is the forum for. It’s not dealer bashing as long as you are telling the truth. The best way to make change in the world is to put light on the bad. Just be very careful to make certain that everything you say is the complete utter truth, and you can prove it.

As far as fixing your car, it’s a difficult call. Either find a Ford dealer that has been heavily trusted with multiple difficult services on other Ford GT’s in your area, or send it to an outside company that has a well known service record of Ford GT’s and pay to have it repaired.

It is easier than you think to get the dealer to pay to have the items fixed if they damaged you car as you say. Your weapon is the truth in publicizing what you believe the dealer has done to you. Your attorney will handle the other end. It's much easier than you think with publicity to bring a dealer to its knees. Dealer’s aren’t afraid of a lawsuit, they’re afraid of CNN. I should know, but I cannot elaborate for legal reasons. However I can tell you exactly how to do it if you want to know. Again, tell the complete truth and be clever about getting the word out and they will be begging you to stop and pay the bill. Or, just pay to have it fixed yourself and go on to enjoy the car and life.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just as an aside, because I value Mike's contributions, if it comes to it, I have offered to have the GtGuys bust apart his car and fix it. I will take care of them if they will take care of him. We all know with 4000+ dealers, there are going to be screw ups with 4000+ cars. I deeply sympathize with Mike, so if he's good with it, when we come down to SFL I will have the best in the biz take care of it on my behalf.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Just as an aside, because I value Mike's contributions, if it comes to it, I have offered to have the GtGuys bust apart his car and fix it. I will take care of them if they will take care of him. We all know with 4000+ dealers, there are going to be screw ups with 4000+ cars. I deeply sympathize with Mike, so if he's good with it, when we come down to SFL I will have the best in the biz take care of it on my behalf.

That is one hell of an offer Mike that will without doubt fix your car. All I can say is, WOW.

Last edited:

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
WOW!:banana

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
This really s*#^!
I am so sorry to hear about this.
As others have indicated, I am blessed with a great mechanic who has removed my center console and dashboard for an airconditioner problem just a few miles into my ownership...no, absolutely no scratches or blemishes. The only scratches in my car are ones that I have put on it myself, including a few tiny scratches when I removed the center console to do the big Mac removal.
So, there are good Ford mechanics out there, but I suspect that there are also others who should never be allowed near our cars!!

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
As a Ford tech myself i agree. I wish more tech. would just say i don't know how to work on this then damage these cars. It give the rest of us a bad name.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

Dave,
You are living proof of all the reasons the GT is the pinnacle of all supercars. And that is the People and really people associtate with new Ford Motor Co
.:cheers

The wife and I was watching the news. They Reported Ford has all 5 of the top spots for the safest cars....then they reported they are tops overall in quality.:thumbsup

Oh and Dave i have a old Ford 8n that could use the GT Guys attention......buddy old pal:rofl

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

As Marlon Brando said: "I'm Gonna make him an offer he cant refuse....."

Well this is that offer.

Your GT will be new.

Case closed.

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Wow #3 on the offer! DBK - you are Da Man!