Found On Road Dead...

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Thanks, I might ad that this forum is probably the main reason I've kept the car. Thanks again for everyones input.

This is by far the best forum on the net period! Thanks to DBK "Dave" for that! If it were a year ago, I might be able to guide you more but with the end of production, and all the buy-outs the employees are taking, I am unable to advise you what to do or who to contact next if that does not work. Hopefully there is someone lurking that was in the know that can still advise.

Best wishes:cheers

Keith

Last edited:

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
anytime.
Neil

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I do, but their job is to build YACHTS! I realize now that this is why the passenger side lower dash keeps falling down, it can never be seated in the right position with the center console misaligned!

BTW I purchased the car NEW! :eek

I've gone as far as retaining a lawyer for lemon lawing the car, but haven't provided the paperwork (even though its all together in an envelope stamped and ready to go). I love the car too much to flush it down the toilet like that, I get mad at it, put it away for a month or so, drive it and then fall in love all over again. At this point though its looking like it is one of those "rare" lemons that somehow rolled out of the factory and you guys are right, the dealers aren't prepared to do the work on these cars (at least the one that I've dealt with). What really worries me though is owning this car out of warranty, as far as I can see the car is not aging well (regarding the warranty issues).

For those of you who went to the rally, did anyone meet any QC people? :thumbsdow

Albo,

I would lemon law it; full stop, end of story, period. You are not damaging, welching or selling out on the GT ownership. You are giving Ford the opportunity to fix this and make you happy. I think you were not treated right and are biting the bullet needlessly.

My post on Lemons is 100% fact. The best description a MIT/industrial engineering expert witness testified once was very simple: for any one who has installed tile or built a brick wall will know. If your are off .05 inch on the first bricks/tile, and you dont true-up or check to center/level every time, then after the 50, 1000, 1000th it will have a multiplier effect....and will never ever be true, straight or square. And every other square, true, correct piece will be in effect off as well and over time will deform, compromise or fail....ie, try putting that Viking stove flush with bad tile work or crooked cut granite & stove top. Same with any mechanical device, only radial, reciprocating or lateral loads will multiply the effects and create unforseen torsion forces that will make the most expensive systems fail.

Ford will take it seriously, and put that dealer out of his misery. Most likely a compromise with Saleen doing the work will be worked out....including re-painting it.

Trust me, do it. There are GTs with 20,000 miles on them without a single issue including the half shaft.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Very well said.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
What really worries me though is owning this car out of warranty, as far as I can see the car is not aging well (regarding the warranty issues).

hey Mike,
I think we all are 'at least at unease' to follow your tragic romantic story here. it seems the worst of the worst experiences, however; statistically insignificant, also if this hurts to have in mind. No one would want to be in your shoes.

I would lemon the car at this stage. And, trara !! GET A NEW ONE ! :banana

We others here have hardly had issues, I personally have had zero and zero complaints, as many others here.
The chance that your second is equally sick as the first, is again statistically speaking: 'Impossible', or at worst 'highly unlikely'.

Makes sense !?

cheers

Stefan

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
however; statistically insignificant, also if this hurts to have in mind. No one would want to be in your shoes.
cheers

Stefan

Makes perfect sense and I agree 100%! I am silently suffering for my fellow GT owners...

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If it does work out, I want a free Yacht.

One of them Hatterass's.....with back deck cushions for lots of "guests"

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
hey Mike,
No one would want to be in your shoes.
cheers

Stefan

If you only knew! Update coming as soon as my blood stops boiling. :willy

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I think in the spirit of Christmas I am going to close this thread, unless my pal Stefan sends me a PM that he wants to post something meaningful.
Ciao... off to see Fresno State B-ball:biggrin

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Bony, thanks for reopening my thread, as I mentioned before I have experienced problems with my car that may occur with other GT's later on (wasn't I the first one with the halfshaft bolt problem?) since I used my car as a daily driver for the first year or so of owner ship and possibly put more miles on my car than most here in a short period of time. Regardless, I got so fed up with the car that I basically put it in the garage and forgot about it for about 8 months, I started driving one of my lamborghini's more often and was rather upset with the FGT. Several of you have asked why I haven't lemon lawed my car, I can't explain why, I feel like I would be betraying the car by doing so, even after all the grief and aggravation the car has given me, I'm still in love with it and couldn't stand to part with it.

Regardless, I got tired of driving the lamborghini and hopped back in the FGT, after 8 months I fell in love all over again, the car still had all the pre-existing problems from before, but after 2 years of getting jerked around by dealers, I figured I'd just enjoy the car the way it is. I decide to take a ride over to Naples with the wife with a large group of exotics and have a BLAST with the car, just as we near Naples I shift into 6th gear and get a nasty grinding noise, I figure I screwed up the shift so I try again but this time its worse. I have no idea whats wrong with the car and can't imagine a 6th gear syncro going bad, so I figure it had something to do with the shifter which had become very difficult to use over the last week. I decide to get the car towed back to miami and deal with it the following week.

Once back I sent the car to Maroone in Lauderdale with a list of things to get taken care of including but not limited to:

1-Stiff shifter
2-6th gear grinding
3-All kinds of rattling noises
4-Speaker covers falling off (door panels)
5-Corrosion on rear tranny bracket
6-Intermittent center console illumination
7-Poor center console/radio bezel alignment

With that I figured I'd get a call in short order telling me the car was ready and I could get back on the road, to my chagrin I get a call a week later from the service adviser telling me that my oil has been changed (funny I didn't ask for it to be changed!) and that they can't perform any of the warranty work on the car. WTF?! Here I am probably the only stock FGT owner in the world, fearing that if I even turned a bolt on the car that ford would void the warranty and I'm being denied warranty service! I was given some long explanation about why they can't work on the car (I think it was all BS) and they recommended another dealer for the work. The next day I drop off the car at the "other" dealer (who shall remain nameless unless they don't step up and take care of my car), the service adviser seems very enthusiastic about the cars and assures me that their tech is the most highly qualified FGT mechanic in Florida, don't worry your in good hands... I keep in touch with the adviser and then about 5 weeks later they tell me the car is ready, wonderful, they say they've fixed everything, put in a BRAND NEW tranny, new shifter cables, new gas cap, new rear trans mount, etc. I'm excited as hell to get the car back, what happened next left me completely dumbfounded. I pull up to the dealership and see my car sitting next to the service drive ready to go, I turn in the rent a car and take my stuff over to the FGT, open the door and BAM! I look right at the dash around the center A/C vent and see a bunch of scratches and penetrations on the leather! WTF!? My eyes are drawn next to the center console which for some reason or anther didn't look right, BAM AGAIN! There are scratches all over the center console and the radio bezel! I'm so pissed off at this point I can hardly contain myself, I call the adviser over and he brings over the tech who looks at the situation and then says "I told you I didn't want to take the center console apart!" WTF x 10! I start looking at the rest of the car and it gets worse! There are scratches all over the clamshell and rear bumper, they proceed to tell me that it was all there before, mind you the car went to there dealership hours after Maroone did a full detail on it! The car literally looked brand new when I dropped it off! I open the clamshell and immediately notice that the left rear corner of the clamshell rubs against the section that houses the taillights, WTF! The adviser says thats the way the car was, I tell him if it was rubbing for the last two years why hasn't the paint come off?! Then I notice that the striker/latch behind the drivers side has been moved and the paint on the clamshell hinges have come off as well from being bent!

At this point I haven't even started the car yet, I asked for the head guy to come over to remedy this situation and then the real surprise! The guy comes over and says the dash was already damaged, but that they will replace the center console parts! WTF? I tell him how is it possible that the same tech that butchered the console didn't damage the dash as well? He maintains that its not possible and that the center console doesn't even come near the dash during removal! WTF!!!! Somehow my eyes go over to the door jamb and then I notice that there is contact cement all over the door jamb! It seems like they changed a door seal and just put contact cement all over the car! I complain again and the manager starts yelling at me! HOLY CRAP! Here I am bringing Fords crowing achievement, Fords Supercar to this dealership, they butcher my car and this MF is yelling at me?! HOLY CRAP!

I figure I had enough, I've been without the car for close to two months, the hell with it, I'll get my lawyer on their ass and deal with it later. I get in the car, fire it up and take off, but wait! I can't get 1st or 2nd gear! DAMN! There is TONS of slop in the gear shift and I literally have to push it into 1st with two hands! DAMN! I manage to get on the highway, the shifting is terrible but at least it goes into 6th gear. I got home stuck it in the garage and its been sitting there for the last 3 weeks. Here are some pics of the mess...

Attachments

• cc1.JPG
    cc1.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 170
  • cc2.JPG
    cc2.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 173
  • cc3.JPG
    cc3.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 168
  • cc4.JPG
    cc4.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 173
  • dash 1.JPG
    dash 1.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 169

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
More...

Attachments

• dash 2.JPG
    dash 2.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 155
  • dash 3.JPG
    dash 3.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 154
  • dash 4.JPG
    dash 4.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 156

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Scratches and striker...

Attachments

• clamshell 1.JPG
    clamshell 1.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 154
  • clamshell 2.JPG
    clamshell 2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 158
  • clamshell 3.JPG
    clamshell 3.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 154
  • striker.JPG
    striker.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 154

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Contact Cement and greasy fingerprints all over...

Attachments

• contact cement.JPG
    contact cement.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 155
  • finger prints.JPG
    finger prints.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 156
  • finger prints 2.JPG
    finger prints 2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC03460 (Small).JPG
    DSC03460 (Small).JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 153

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
What still baffles me is how the dealer admits to doing most of the damage yet maintains the dash was damaged before they touched the car? Could I be expected to believe that the tech that damaged the rest of the car used uncanny finesse on the dash?! The dealer basically told me that they will order the parts necessary to fix the console and the rest of the problems are not theirs! 3 weeks later, no calls, no contact, perhaps the dealer is telling me to go F--K myself?

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I hate to say this, but you should get the car fixed and sell it.

The karma is not right for you and this particular car.

Your lawyer also needs to do a full court press...

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I hate to say this, but you should get the car fixed and sell it.

The karma is not right for you and this particular car.

Your lawyer also needs to do a full court press...

You think? If I part with the car, ford is going to get it back I wouldn't sell it and pass the buck to the next guy.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
Oh my God. I can't believe that damage. Please don't let whoever this"expert" tech was damage your opinion of good GT technicians. I understand why your so mad. you should be. That is inexcusable.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Thats one shitty story.....I had my car at the dealer for 6 weeks....they didnt fix everything but they didnt screw it up any further....

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Oh my God. I can't believe that damage. Please don't let whoever this"expert" tech was damage your opinion of good GT technicians. I understand why your so mad. you should be. That is inexcusable.

Whats funnier is that this dealer actually told me that the other dealer was a hack! I have video of the manager telling me that his tech who caused the damage on the center console DID NOT DAMAGE THE DASH!

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
If the tech. " didn't want to remove the console" then i wish he would have just said i am not capable of work on this car instead of doing damage.