Formula 1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Malaysia GP on now on NBC sports. I decided I couldn't get up at 3 am again to watch like I did last week.

In one of the more amusing F1 incidents I have ever seen, Hamilton came in to pit and drove into the mclaren box. :lol Everyone was just kind of like "uh, wrong team dude." Guess he forgot he decided to hop to Mercedes. :lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That was funny as hell!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'd imagine the Mercedes guys weren't too pumped to see that happen either, though their cars seem much stronger this year.

Gonna be a tense situation between Webber and Vettel for the rest of the season methinks.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Weber and vettel, tense I think is an understatement, rossberg wasn't to happy either...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Weber and vettel, tense I think is an understatement, rossberg wasn't to happy either...

The team orders stuff was definitely out of control.

I could not believe my eyes that Alonso stayed out. How on earth did they manage to let him stay out and kill his race with sparks flying from the damage? Dumb dumb dumb.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Water on track and the carrot hanging in front of you for one more lap on intermediates, before slicks, jaded judgement.... Big time....

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Why did they demote Bob Varsha? :confused Lee Stiffy can't hold a candle to Bob's narrative skills. And Bob speaks American.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think it was just from the change from Speed to NBC. Varsha is definitely the best announcer in racing and it pisses me off that he doesn't have the permanent F1 gig anymore. I got to have dinner with Varsha and Hobbs before the F1 GP at Indy in 07, was a really awesome memory.

Sad that what little is left of Speed will be killed forever by Fox in August.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Speedvision is dead, now for real.

Was great to have Varsha yesterday, Diffy was in St Pete with Indycar.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Never have I seen such a sombre trio on the victory stand....I would have paid money to be in the Red Bull team room when team principals and drivers discussed team orders and Vettel ignoring them. Or in Ferrari garage after Alonzo walked back after not pitting.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Best part of the season so far! Love Kimi, love F1, love Daft Punk. Good combo.

[video=youtube_share;G2gb5lxhcyI]http://youtu.be/G2gb5lxhcyI[/video]

Ex-Ford GT driver Romain must have felt like quite the celebrity this weekend in Monaco.

BLMHoMMCUAAUiGv.jpg:large

BLMslhACAAEQI4q.jpg:large

BLMXdRGCcAEbHuz.jpg:large

BLMJamGCYAAiIte.jpg:large

BK4RVndCAAACjsx.jpg:large

BKsuhPNCYAAnNxS.jpg:large

BK9F6jeCYAE2MVf.jpg:large

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Best part of the season so far! Love Kimi, love F1, love Daft Punk. Good combo.

Kimi's been doing great!! He's smooth

Ex-Ford GT driver Romain must have felt like quite the celebrity this weekend in Monaco.

Grosjean pulled off another boner - he's really getting famous for his stupidity and recklessness! He's still the same as he was 3 years ago when we saw him, I don't think he'll ever learn. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22676243

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey, at least he's not Perez. Every second Perez is on the screen it appears he's going to take someone out, Button included. I have to imagine JB practically loses his mind when the garage door closes. Can't wait for Austin!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Where are the boat and chick pics. Let me know when we can hang on one of those yachts in the harbor and I will go. Always love that race.

It did seem like many bad pass decisions and rear Enders.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Can't wait for Austin!
My goal is to make it next year.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Race is on live on CNBC. Major tire craziness. 4 left rears have blown inexplicably. Raikkonen took a cockpit full of tire and CF when the car in front blew the tire and grenaded the side pod.

Pirelli has some splainin to do.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Oh wow this race. Drama drama drama.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Pirelli has some splainin to do.

Perhaps, but not quite in the league of Goodyear's performance at Indy back in 2007. Longest green flag run was 13 laps....

And you think you have troubles with your Pirelli's.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Definitely not, but this was dramatic because once it started, nobody knew if it would continue. Ended up with 5 blown left rears for the weekend. Scary stuff to have happen when you're on it at 190 mph!

If it weren't for back luck, Grosjean would have no luck at all. If it's not of his own making, it's the racing gods...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Found it interesting regarding left rears. Maybe set up, maybe something at the track edge or the guy making the left rears. Winner did not have any issues and was also part of the recent 'secret' tyre test - correct?