Formula 1

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wow!!!!!! What a race that was !! Hope you all got to see it . If not check it out on F1 .com
CONGRATS TO LEWIS HAMILTON !! 2009 F1 WORLD CHAMPION

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow!!!!!! What a race that was !! Hope you all got to see it . If not check it out on F1 .com
CONGRATS TO LEWIS HAMILTON !! 2009 F1 WORLD CHAMPION

Oh man!!!! I taped it ............You just spoiled it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. Just joking....:biggrin thanks for the update,,,,,, Ah.......who's this Hamilton Lewis ?? .........................:bored

Juan Cooldude

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2008
Figures that a Toyota would screw Ferrari...

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Figures that a Toyota would screw Ferrari...

Man, I'm totally gutted!!! I really really wanted Masa to win (if it is not obvious, i'm not much of a Hamilton fan....). I was a great race and championship, though, down to the last race, the last lap and the last turn!! Only if that freaking Timo Glock held his place, Hamilton was completely helpless!!!! I need sometime to recoup from this one....

Ed

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Why I don't think Luis Hamilton deserves the WDC this year...

Think back...
It's 1997, and the last race of the season. Michael Schumacher is 1 point ahead of Jaques Villeneuve. Jaques is ahead, and Schumi makes a rough move which is ruled as deliberately trying to keep his rival from scoring any points. As a result, the Governing body strips Schumacher of all his WDC points for the year. A harsh Penalty; which some believed was not harsh enough.
http://www.iht.com/articles/1997/11/12/prix.t_0.php

It's 2008, June, in the crisp air of Canada. The rain starts pouring, and the strategies start compiling.
Luis Hamilton's chief rival at this point is Kimi Raikonnen. Safety car goes out, Pit red-light goes on. Kimi ends up in front of Hamilton. Hamilton crashes into Kimi in a speed limited pit! Replays all show Hamilton was at fault. The Media paints the crash as "Unfortunate".... saying "McLaren take penalty on the chin" suggesting that the penalty was not deserved. Looking at the history of such manuvers, Hamilton did not deserve to drive the remainder of the 2008 year. He was definitely NOT the best driver, and MOST definitely not deserving.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...Lewis-Hamilton-crash-penalty-on-the-chin.html

Oh Well. I may actually watch 1 race in 2009, but I doubt it. 2008's technology, limits, and regulations seems a bit of a swan song for F1

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It's a shame the Brazilians had waged such a hate campaign against Lewis.

That aside it's great news that we have the youngest ever F1 champion at only 23 years old. Whilst the final drive had an element of luck, Lewis was ahead on points for a good reason - he's a great driver.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Talent can be delayed, but never denied.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
That LH kid is pretty good. Look what he did last year. He almost won his first year in F1 and he wins in his 2nd year. This speaks for itself.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Great race. Did anyone exactly see what happened to Glock? He must have spun to loose such momentum. If he did not spin, then he slowed down to allow a Hamilton championship.

I was hoping Masa would get it. Oh well. Masa could have been much higher in the points if he did not mess up in 2 or 3 races earlier this year.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Great race. Did anyone exactly see what happened to Glock? He must have spun to loose such momentum. If he did not spin, then he slowed down to allow a Hamilton championship.

I was hoping Masa would get it. Oh well. Masa could have been much higher in the points if he did not mess up in 2 or 3 races earlier this year.

Glock did not pit for wet weather/intermediate tires (Lewis did pit and change), it started to rain more heavily and both Toyotas (Glock was piloting one) started to lose traction. It was a gamble from the McClaren Hamilton team, one that paid off.

Worth remembering that Masa one last year by a single point, as a Brit I'm obviously delighted that Lewis won.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Glock did not pit for wet weather/intermediate tires (Lewis did pit and change), it started to rain more heavily and both Toyotas (Glock was piloting one) started to lose traction. It was a gamble from the McClaren Hamilton team, one that paid off.

Worth remembering that Masa one last year by a single point, as a Brit I'm obviously delighted that Lewis won.

:banana

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.

Kimi won the WDC last year not Masa.:wink

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006

Kimi one by 1 point last year.

I know that Glock was not on wet tires but he seemed to keep traction until the last turns. There was not a good view as to how or why he was passed by Vettle or Hamilton. It was a big gamble and it did pay off.:cheers

Perry

Aug 14, 2007
Glock was on dry tires in the rain and ran a faster lap on the last lap than Trulli who was the only other driver on dry tires at the time. He didn't pull over for Hamilton. He just didn't have the traction.

Hamilton (and Alonso) gifted the championship to Ferrari last year in the last two races. I'm glad McLaren got to redeem themselves this year - especially in light of the absurd calls of the stewards throughout the course of this season - especially in Belgium.

As for the post above equating Lewis Hamilton's rear ender on Kimi in the pits to Schumacher intentionally attempting to run someone off the road in the last race of the season ... someone must really be a Lewis hater to make that illogical leap. Hamilton was looking at his steering wheel settings, his team did not tell him the pit exit was closed, and he absolutely did himself no favors by running into Kimi. No way it was intentional.

Without that gaffe he finishes that race in second at the worst... which would have meant that he would have had a 15 point lead going into the Brazil race (instead of 7) (or more considering that he wouldn't have been given the grid spot penalty for the next race) and the driver's championship would have already been decided.

The FIA/stewards handed out some really boneheaded penalties to Lewis (Belgium) and others (Bourdais to give Massa a point he didn't deserve) this year, but even they weren't willing to say that Lewis did anything other than lose his situational awareness in the excitement of exiting the pits when he hit Kimi.

Should they have kicked Nico Rosberg out of the championship this year too? He rear ended a car in precisely the same manner in the same incident. Or is there some reason for a double standard?

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Hamilton Rocks! He won the Championship and that Pussy Cat Doll!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Kimi one by 1 point last year.

I know that Glock was not on wet tires but he seemed to keep traction until the last turns. There was not a good view as to how or why he was passed by Vettle or Hamilton. It was a big gamble and it did pay off.:cheers

Sorry, quite right, Kimi Raikkonen won by one point (from Lewis in his first year) - I got confused with the Ferrari thing!

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Lewis

I believe that Lewis is an amazing driver given his results last year and this year. I am the sort that does not really "root" for one team or person over another. I like to see a great game/race regardless of who wins. I always hope the best team/person wins as they deserve to.

In this case, both Masa and Hamilton had their low points during a long season. I believe the best driver won. I am glad that the officals didn't prevent the best driver from winning. I agree that they made many questionable calls during the course of the year.

As for Michael S. I can only say that I never enjoyed a win by him from the race that he crashed into Dammon Hill in the last race of the season with Hill only needing one point more than Michael to win the drivers title. Michael made a bad mistake and hit the inside wall and drove back onto the track and into the side of Hill, damaging Hill's car. All of that to win the title. That action showed NO CLASS by Michael. He paid NO penalty for that action. The stewards have improved some since then as that would not be acceptable today but they made some strange calls this year.

All in all, I believe the best driver won this year.

Jim

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Remember the Schumacher incident at Monaco in 2006 where he claimed his car locked up after running wide at the Rascasse hairpin and then stalled, making it impossible for him to get out of the way of other drivers trying to qualify?

:thumbsdow

He quite liked to fight down and dirty - but undoubtedly a great driver too.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uCJt9lGmxFM

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
All in all, I believe the best driver won this year.

Jim

Under the current scoring system yes. However, if they change to a medal system (gold, silver, & Bronze), then Masa would have won with the most wins.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
That was the craziest ending to an F1 race, maybe ever.