Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Ditto

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Woodward is awesome! Huge turnout on the actual day. Grid lock. 1 mph. However, the week before is cruiseable every night. Perfect! Keith

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Alrighty then! I am confirmed.

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
I'm in and registered. Do we get to park together?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ok, but I don't put out on the first date.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
The club president is going to park us together at the show. Cruising Woodward, the following week is really nice. Lots of places along Woodward to eat. Most have good parking too.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
The actual day of the Woodward cruise gets about 50,000 vehicles and over 1,000,000 spectators on a 10 mile stretch of road. The car manufacturers usually host nice displays too. Things you've never dreamed of customizing, show up. Like a hotrod cement truck, etc.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I am planning on attending

pe2unia, you driving or trailer... I'm driving and will meet ya by West Va. to caravan the lat 8 hours into Detroit if ya want to...

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
I'll be making the trek back North to the Motor City for Mustang memories and the Dream Cruise. I will have a swapmeet space at Mustang Memories to sell some GT models, GT Registries, and GT memorabilia, plus a few Mustang items. Usually a very nice show.

Guys coming to the Dream Cruise for the first time - realize that on Saturday, the "official" day of the Dream Cruise, Woodward Avenue from around 7:00AM until around 9:00PM is mostly a huge parking lot. It can take as long as an hour or so to travel one mile along Woodward - extremely taxing on many of the hot rods and old muscle cars that show up. Local car clubs reserve and pay for parking lots all up and down Woodward to congregate in, and, if you venture out to "cruise Woodward", your parking space may be gone when you get back. On the Friday before the Dream Cruise, you can see most of the cars that have come into town for the cruise, and the traffic is moving just a little bit better.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Jeff

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'll be there too

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Guys coming to the Dream Cruise for the first time - realize that on Saturday, the "official" day of the Dream Cruise, Woodward Avenue from around 7:00AM until around 9:00PM is mostly a huge parking lot. It can take as long as an hour or so to travel one mile along Woodward - extremely taxing on many of the hot rods and old muscle cars that show up.

This x100. I skip the actual dream cruise melee because so many people in minivans and lifted trucks clog the roads, and many of the more colorful roadside spectators express considerable displeasure if you won't do burnouts while sitting in traffic. The last time I went, the GT clutch started slipping after inching forward for a few hours, so I bailed since I luckily have a place about 30 seconds off the road. The week before and after have about 75% as many cars worth seeing anyways, so if you want to actually "cruise" or have a chance at just parking, your best bet is 7-9 PM any day it's nice out in the lead up or just past the event. Much better than the Saturday deal. That said, the police do usually shut Woodward down around 9-10 PM because as the herd thins they want to prevent any potential street racing.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Yup. The day of Woodward is gridlock. The week before is good for cruising and parking!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The week before and after have about 75% as many cars worth seeing anyways, so if you want to actually "cruise" or have a chance at just parking, .........

Speaking of worth seeing, have you seen this on Woodward? edsel front loader.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Speaking of worth seeing, have you seen this on Woodward? View attachment 29598

...and one might want to...because...? :willy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Speaking of worth seeing, have you seen this on Woodward?

Nah, haven't been out much this year. I did park the McLaren for 30 or so last week.

I'm sure that guy will cruise with 4 x 4 Red Wings limo guy during the dream cruise.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Should mention that if any of you guys need a place to park your car if you're shipping it here, feel free to ship it to me. Little under 10,000 sq/ft, about 2 miles from Saleen Special Vehicles where they built the GT in Troy, MI. Roof is being done Thursday next week, floor polishing and interior paint the week after. Will be ready to stuff the toys in by the middle of July. A little GT garage mahal right by the factory....

9104828180_2141da94fe_c.jpg

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
This is nice!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's calling your red car's name Rex.... :biggrin

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
...and one might want to...because...? :willy

The Woodward Dream Cruise has evolved into an event of Automotive Expression. It incorporates everthing from What - to - Why, and everthing in between. If you haven't experienced it, come out and see it. There is something for everyone.