Ford World HQ carshow 8/11/2013

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Nice building DBK. Now that's what I need. Lol.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I just got back into town and did not realize all the interest in this event. I signed up and paid my fee to the MustangClub several weeks ago so I am all set.
I am told they will have special parking for the Ford GT's in the FordWHQ Parking lot, would like for us to arrive and stay in the same place for viewing etc.
DebtDrives...are you the 'unofficial co-ordinator " of this event.? Will they send us confirmation credentials etc?? can you send me an email "andybenedict@att.net"
Looking forward to seeing some of you....!!

WOODWARD Cruise in my opinion is best on Tues, WEds, Thurs before the Saturday . Even Friday is crowded. I usually take the Shelby Mustang on Saturday..
AJB (andy)

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Unofficial? Absolutely!! Lol. My brother has a '13 Boss and belongs to the club. I have attended a few of their events with him and met the club leaders. They asked me to spread the word and bring as many of you as I can. It's a tribute to the Ford GT at their show this year. Huge, well attended event!! Of course, good weather really increases the attendance. Last years Boss reunion brought cars from all over.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Yup, the Detroit area GT owners need to get together more often!

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Update! I saw the Pres of the Mustang club that is hosting the carshow @ Ford HQ. He said that all registrations for Ford Gt owners have been coming in steadily and that they do intend to send out some type of credentials but are behind. Apparently, the preregistration for the show has been huge. Either way, we all will have reserved parking together for our Ford GTs! The expected turnout for the show is about 800 cars...

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Registered! 1,230 miles one way. All but 15 miles on I-75.

I have to leave Dearborn for home Tuesday morning. Will I be the only car on Woodward Monday night?

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Nope! It will be very busy. if the weather is decent

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I will be at WHQ on Sunday with the GT and then on Woodward Monday, Tuesday, Weds, Thurs, Friday and Saturday.

Since we will all be parking our FordGT's in the same area on Sunday, we should try to co-ordinate a time or place on Woodward to meet the next evening (Monday). I understand a lot of Ford GT's are in town for an event in Dearborn leading up to the Sunday at WHQ.
AJB (andy)

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'll be attending also, but departing on Monday, so I guess I won't see Woodward.

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
He said that all registrations for Ford Gt owners have been coming in steadily..

Debtdrives: Do you know the GT count to-date?

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I don't know the count to date. But I will try to get it because you aren't the first to ask.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
To Awsum: Woodward is busy at least 2 weeks before. So you will be able to see it too.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
Just Registered