Ford vs Ferrari movie

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Now he's gonna want to drive your car.

Don't have to worry.

He is one of those 26 year old kids that still doesn't have his license.

He has been for a ride at speed though.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Nice wall hanger Jeff, I got an early one that doesn’t have the cool back round.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Son gave me a FvrsF movie poster with actors signatures on it for xmas. I now owe him several drives!20191231_084905.jpg

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Son gave me a FvrsF movie poster with actors signatures on it for xmas. I now owe him several drives!View attachment 58608
Seeing as how you probably don’t have room for the poster AND the #67 race hood, I’ll be happy to take the hood off your hands!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Found a copy of Ford v Ferrari Digital Extras where they talk about the making of the movie. It's nearly 2 hours long. I'm 20 minutes into it.

Most of the race scenes were Road Atlanta, Savannah GA, and roads in between. Pretty cool. I definitely recognized in the movie that the Dunlop bridge was the back straight at Road Atlanta about where the GT hospitality tent was last year. The run it backwards in the movie.

Reactions: SYCO GT and GTMD

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Where can we find the digital extras?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Imagine it will be part of the DVD or digital download

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Found a copy of Ford v Ferrari Digital Extras where they talk about the making of the movie. It's nearly 2 hours long. I'm 20 minutes into it.

Most of the race scenes were Road Atlanta, Savannah GA, and roads in between. Pretty cool. I definitely recognized in the movie that the Dunlop bridge was the back straight at Road Atlanta about where the GT hospitality tent was last year. The run it backwards in the movie.

I noticed that many of the scenes filmed at Willow Springs were running the configuration backwards also, I imagine for light reasons.

Reactions: Special K

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Or to try to toss us racers off our game as to where was shot?

Nah.... lighting.

Reactions: Apollo

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Interesting background about the history of the race and the movie.

Reactions: Apollo and 2112

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
"American muscle beat Italian sophistication" Nice video.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
The movie is now available on Amazon Prime. They even have an extended version (behind the scene).

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Won two Academy Awards, Best Film Editing and Best Sound Editing

Reactions: 06VistaBlueGT

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Won two Academy Awards, Best Film Editing and Best Sound Editing

Should have won 'Best Picture' too
as compared to the other nominees.
And "Parasite" is in a foriegn language and IMHO should have been in the International category.
What a rip off!

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
the dvd/blue ray is now out at target/walmart/best buy/etc

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I know I am late to the Party but yesterday I finally managed to see the movie and what to say, I really loved it. Very good made movie for the big audience. I loved the pulling/pushing/Wrestling around having control of the whole endevaour, christian bale and matt damon as main actors did really great, also seeing „The Punisher“ again in a slightly less brutal role.

best spent time during COVID-19

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I spent about 45 minutes on the phone yesterday with Jeff Bucknam (Ronnie Bucknam’s son). He did a lot of the stunt driving in the movie, along with the sons of other drivers from that period. He told me that whenever there was dialogue being shot they were somewhere else, in cars and driving. As such, when he attended the premier, the movie itself was all new to him, even though he had been on set for the better part of 4 months!

Reactions: BtwoG

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know I am late to the Party but yesterday I finally managed to see the movie and what to say, I really loved it.

The Mrs and I watched it here at home about a week(?) ago. Much to my surprise, SHE loved it!
I was truly stunned by that! She's not a fan of car/race-centered flicks...

(An aside: For a whole host of reasons, Ken Miles should not have slowed down. Period. [JMPO. OMV.] )

Reactions: Cadster

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The non car people seem to love it just as much, and maybe even more than the car people.

It's great that they are getting some exposure to a part of the history.

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
My wife and I have watched it 3 times, and will again.