Ford vs Ferrari movie

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Haven't heard of a SoCal event yet. But that would be awesome.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I would be in. Should be easy and impressive for a SoCal event. I’d be happy to try and coordinate something.

Reactions: SYCO GT

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Cool! Thanks for posting.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
My awesome wife rescheduled a dinner party sha was meant to be holding so that we can make the Austin event. Hotel booked and ‘Park up Front’ tickets purchased

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
Soon to be available in IMAX! Should be incredible!!

Attachments

• 1057DCF6-DDEA-4D30-AE13-ED891CD599C0.jpeg
    1057DCF6-DDEA-4D30-AE13-ED891CD599C0.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 18

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
The Austin Ford vs Ferrari weekend details are starting to come out. This will include our friend Aaron Shelby:

The gathering of Ferrari and Shelby clubs from across Texas for the purpose of celebrating one of the most memorable moments in racing history. Shelby and Ferrari owners will be invited to participate in a prestigious weekend of driving events, social gatherings, and of course, viewing the much anticipated film, "Ford vs Ferrari".

15 November - Arrive to Austin, TX, check-in, cocktail icebreaker in the evening
16 November AM - morning hill country drive to lunch, return to hotel, massage, nap
16 November PM - cocktail reception, dinner and movie
17 November - brunch, depart for home

The Sonesta Bee Cave Austin Hotel has guaranteed a rate of $170/night. It's in the heart of The Galleria (shopping/dining). We will have reserved underground parking with 24 hour security.

Rally/Hill Country drive - this would be a joint drive with both clubs hitting the backroads together to a lunch stop and back maybe even a distillery or winery to take something home.

The Moviehouse and Eatery has blocked 2 theaters for a total of 176 seats. All seats are leather recliners and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. The food is very good; you order, eat and pay at your seat. They have a full bar and we'll have a cocktail reception prior to the movie. They will reserve parking for us and we'll hire security for the movie.

We have arrived. We are staying at the Sonesta Bee Cave Austin Hotel, and it looks like we are the first ones here. The staff was kind enough to hook us up with parking for our truck and trailer. We got in last night and we are looking out the window at a nasty day, but the forecast for the rest of the weekend looks much better.

We drove from Scottsdale where we attended the FVF event and we are sooooooo looking forward to seeing the movie for a second time. We won't spoil the ending for you. ;)

Please feel free to contact me for any parties, drives, car shows while we are here in Austin.

We will be driving/trailering back to Denver, CO (home) on either Sunday or Monday morning.

Burton
469-777-8537

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
So the Greenwich Concours is hosting a premiere party tonight, I RSVP'd and will attend with my wife. Around noon today, the head of the Concours called me, and asked if I'd like to take my GT to the theater and park out front. That would mean taking the car down off the lift, driving it 5 miles in freezing temperature, and leaving it outside the theater, on the street unattended, while I watch the movie. I thanked her, but declined. How could I enjoy the movie, if the car was out on the street, unattended for 2 hours?

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
We will be heading to the Sonesta Bee Creek tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone and the cars.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
So the Greenwich Concours is hosting a premiere party tonight, I RSVP'd and will attend with my wife. Around noon today, the head of the Concours called me, and asked if I'd like to take my GT to the theater and park out front. That would mean taking the car down off the lift, driving it 5 miles in freezing temperature, and leaving it outside the theater, on the street unattended, while I watch the movie. I thanked her, but declined. How could I enjoy the movie, if the car was out on the street, unattended for 2 hours?
I got the call as well. Would have gone, but (alas) had a work commitment. So, Saturday IMAX showing it is!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
My wife and I really enjoyed it! Hope you will do as well👍

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Looks like we will be arriving late afternoon at Sonesta,its going to be a great weekend!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Saw the movie this evening with 4 of my grandsons.. We loved it.

Reactions: analogdesigner
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
My wife and I along with our two kids are going to the Saturday IMAX showing at 3:20 PM. I.........AM..........STOKED!!!!!
I feel like a six year old kid going to Frozen 2. :ROFLMAO:

QSS

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Planning on seeing it twice this weekend! Once with family, other with friend who worked for NART in 60s and vintage Ferrari race car judge today. He knew most of drivers from that area. Looking forward to “ picking” his brain at dinner afterwards!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Guys night out. Me, my two sons, three grandsons and 24 other car guys in the Terre Haute IN area met for dinner then to the movies. Really enjoyed the show. A lot of racing history and very good entertainment. Going to watch again next week with Renee and granddaughter.

Reactions: Magic

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
My DFW Ferrari club buddies arranged a gathering last night. They let me park right up front under the movie theater portico. Made sense to have a Ford there with some red machines from Maranello! The FGT drew the crowd for sure. Really enjoyed the movie.58151

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
wow , nice. I especially like the "no snow on the ground look" in front of the theatre.
andy (ajb)

Reactions: JWZ