Ford vs Ferrari movie

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
As a F owner and part of ferrari club (but on the GT forum) I couldn’t be any more excited for our meet up with the Shelby group in our area. We’re all car guys and this is one of best stories in auto racing. Also, even though I own ferrari, my dream car is still a GT...hopefully one day I’ll be an owner of that too!
I guess I knew that but forgot. Some of my favorite times were from the Shelby Club vs the Ferrari Club at the Virginia City Hillclimb. We all had fun together. Thanks for the kind words f1guy!

Ed

Reactions: 2112

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks for posting Chip our get together in Scottsdale AZ for premier of the Ford vs. Ferrari movie should be epic. I know of at least 20 05/06 GTs as well as some NGTs I will invite. As always thanks to Peter for arranging this get together and your involvement also Chip. Alicia and I will join the dinner, parade and movie. Will also be available for any assistance with logistics.

Pitbrg

Jul 28, 2017
Phoenix AZ
Or Hank the Deuce crying like a baby because a professional race car driver did some donuts on a track with him in the passenger seat. I mean come on, the man grew up with, in and around cars his entire life. That scene really irritates me, and it's not even funny unless you're 7 years old.
Not sure but, they may have been tears of joy knowing they had a car to compete with Ferrari.

Reactions: Ed Sims and jammer

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Not sure but, they may have been tears of joy knowing they had a car to compete with Ferrari.
Now that would make more sense than the Deuce crying out of fear. Still, men like him don't strike me like the crying type either way. Hope you're right though.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Now that would make more sense than the Deuce crying out of fear. Still, men like him don't strike me like the crying type either way. Hope you're right though.
I thought I would never cry until I had a horse step on my foot.

Ed

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Well said!!

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
I was approached by COTA a couple of months ago to be included in a large Movie Premiere type event. They are trying to make up for the crap they put DBK through at the last Austin Rally. So time has passed, I check in every once in a while to see if it is happening. The first story I get is they are checking with a Ferrari club to make sure they are in as if they have top priority. Then I check today and let them know that events are popping up all over with vipers, and Shelby Mustangs and I'm ready to try a Plan B for an event. Here is their latest story:

Hi Chris

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you but we can only go as fast as F1 will allow us. They are running this promotion not COTA. If I get any other updates I will send your way.

Time to punt COTA until new ownership and management happens. What does Fi have to do with this historic event? Am I missing something?

Anyone planning a large event for the premiere yet? Looks like Texas Roundup 4 time. If we can get several cars to TX in mid November I'll see what I can do.

Looks like the International Premiere will take place at TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) (Google: “Tiff Ford vs Ferrari”) starting September 9/10! Great event for anyone who might be in town at that time checking out their New GT at Multimatic! Nice time of year in Toronto too!
DG1

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Thanks for the heads up. Will be in Toronto then, touring Multimatic on the 10th. Will work on getting to the premiere on the 9th!

Reactions: steved57

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The Austin Ford vs Ferrari weekend details are starting to come out. This will include our friend Aaron Shelby:

The gathering of Ferrari and Shelby clubs from across Texas for the purpose of celebrating one of the most memorable moments in racing history. Shelby and Ferrari owners will be invited to participate in a prestigious weekend of driving events, social gatherings, and of course, viewing the much anticipated film, "Ford vs Ferrari".

15 November - Arrive to Austin, TX, check-in, cocktail icebreaker in the evening
16 November AM - morning hill country drive to lunch, return to hotel, massage, nap
16 November PM - cocktail reception, dinner and movie
17 November - brunch, depart for home

The Sonesta Bee Cave Austin Hotel has guaranteed a rate of $170/night. It's in the heart of The Galleria (shopping/dining). We will have reserved underground parking with 24 hour security.

Rally/Hill Country drive - this would be a joint drive with both clubs hitting the backroads together to a lunch stop and back maybe even a distillery or winery to take something home.

The Moviehouse and Eatery has blocked 2 theaters for a total of 176 seats. All seats are leather recliners and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. The food is very good; you order, eat and pay at your seat. They have a full bar and we'll have a cocktail reception prior to the movie. They will reserve parking for us and we'll hire security for the movie.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
We’ll try to make it

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I’m def interested!

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Sounds good,I'm in.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Sounds like fun

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
We are interested in attending.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hey F1Guy, simply kidding and having fun. Yes, we are all car guys. I will say this is the first time I have heard an Ferrari enthusiast say that the Ford GT is their dream car. Guess we are all F Guys, Ford and Ferrari. Here's to your dream coming true!

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
I just nabbed 2 tickets for the world premiere in Toronto Sept 9th!! Wife and I heading to Multimatic on the 10th. What a trip!!

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Here's a trailer that I saw online. Sorry if this is a dupe.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4318522-ot-ford-v-ferrari.html

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Here is the Motor Trend review of the movie.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Just saw this on Amazon. Pre-ordered a copy. Seeing increased interest building up to release day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1787115720/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: canibl and 07XL0027

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Does anybody know if they are doing a similar event for us folks here in SoCal? I would love to bring my Ford GT out.