WhippleGT

GT Owner
May 23, 2022
Which Experiences do you have with FPG?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's one of the sites I search for parts but Tasca always beat them when factoring in shipping.

WhippleGT

GT Owner
May 23, 2022
It's one of the sites I search for parts but Tasca always beat them when factoring in shipping.
Thank you for the info.
Orderd some parts from FPG. It took weeks and endless mails. They need a lot of documents. At the end they told me that the part is on backorder and the order was canceled. Total waste of time.

Reactions: jammer and Ravage

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm afraid that the documents part for Ford GT parts is not going away. Tasca only needed them once. Based on experience I never trusted the on-line ordering system to be accurate and always called to verify availability of parts and they took an order if it was right there. They can see what warehouse it is in. They seemed to have a good handle on the Ford GT parts situation.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I use my local dealer for parts. Much easier to get them the paper work they need to get parts.

Do note this paperwork wile a pain is IN YOUR BEST INTEREST. It really is an effort to prevent 3rd parties form buying up, hoarding, and then reselling parts for profit (and depleting Ford parts supply).

Reactions: HNS

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My local dealer wanted at least 50% more than the Tasca price for everything. Tasca is a well known Ford dealer and racing sponsor.

WhippleGT

GT Owner
May 23, 2022
My local dealer wanted at least 50% more than the Tasca price for everything. Tasca is a well known Ford dealer and racing sponsor.
Thank you for the info. I´ve orderd the parts from Tasca now.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
What kind of information is requested?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What kind of information is requested?
Proof of ownership.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Which must include your VIN.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Proof of ownership.
What, like a title, copy of insurance form, state registration, one of your children (we have a teenager we would hand over some of the time)?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
State registration or insurance certificate that have VIN on it with your name and address

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
While well intentioned, Ford's verification process is REALLY flawed in execution. It is SO BAD, that many dealers just don't want to go through the process. They must call - there is no on-line mechanism and then often they can get no answer and return calls are often not done. We use a dealership to get all of our Ford parts from - and I can tell you they just HATE ordering GT parts because it is so labor intensive for them and requires a lot of diligence and hand-holding to get follow-up from Ford.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Thank you for the info.
Orderd some parts from FPG. It took weeks and endless mails. They need a lot of documents. At the end they told me that the part is on backorder and the order was canceled. Total waste of time.
I have ran into that very same thing more than a few times. Needed a seat belt for a client. After weeks and weeks on back order, they canceled the order. This was after they said it was no problem getting it. I was able to have the OEM belt re webbed for $75 dollars with a 1 day turn around.

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
I have had success on one order from FPG. Not without issues though. Some items from the order shipped and were received. Others didn’t ship until I called to inquire. Apparently they were from different warehouses. Saved around 30% from quotes from Ford. Another placed order was canceled after several calls to finally determine they didn’t have the inventory.

For me Tasca always comes up much more expensive than local Ford dealers prices. Must be location sensitive.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
They wouldn`t even return our emails when requesting parts.
Torrie has been brillant in helping us out here in Australia