Ford no sell agreement

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
Has anyone heard about Ford imposing a 2 year no sell agreement on NFGT? I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Has anyone heard about Ford imposing a 2 year no sell agreement on NFGT? I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

That is correct... 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
That is correct... 2 years.

Plus.... MSRP is the price. No premiums, no discounts. No dealer purchases.... only retail buyers.

It will be interesting to see when one comes to market and how much.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I think quite tough to enforce no-sells in most states. All the more reason to have car go to die hard enthusiasts

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Absolutely agree, I am hearing rumors of cars slated for sale right after delivery. Those cars should be going to people who will keep and appreciate them.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Absolutely agree, I am hearing rumors of cars slated for sale right after delivery. Those cars should be going to people who will keep and appreciate them.

Yeah, but most of those people are totally full of shit. Many idiot brokers were telling people in the fall of last year they had an allocation available for late 16. :rolleyes Still happening right now.

20 cars a month. Pretty easy to figure out.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The cars are going to purchasers who will appreciate and keep them. I would be a perfect candidate to be contacted by a broker as I am 74 years old future owner of the new Ford GT, former Ford Dealer, know a lot of automobile collectors, and I have not been contacted by anyone asking if I would sell my 2017 Ford GT. I totally agree with Dave BS stories can be heard everywhere these days. If there's brokers reading this post don't waste your call to this future owner and Ambassador of the Ford GT and Ford!

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
They require a signed contract for the 2 year holding period. If you want to sell it sooner, they retain a right of 1st refusal, thus eliminating a quick windfall. I think the vetting process was pretty thorough so I don't see anyone selling soon.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
You could not have said it any better Mr. Hamon... I think there are a lot of folks out there spreading all types of rumors and no doubt, at some point a NFGT will come up on the open market for some ridiculous asking price. I am with you with though, don't waste your time contacting me because once that delivery date hits I will have waited so long and been so anxious I couldn't even consider letting it go..

Mark H.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I Signed the same agreement in 2005-2006. Does not matter if it is for 5 years for me....
The new one (2017) will park right next to the old one (2006)
I have not received any phone calls either.
Lot of smoke.
andy (ajb)

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
I Signed the same agreement in 2005-2006. Does not matter if it is for 5 years for me....
The new one (2017) will park right next to the old one (2006)
I have not received any phone calls either.
Lot of smoke.
andy (ajb)
Interesting about 05-06 agreement, was this on US cars? I never had that on my 06 Canadian purchase.
I understand the La Ferrari had a similar agreement and showed as a caveat on title.

texasgt

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2005
Interesting about 05-06 agreement, was this on US cars? I never had that on my 06 Canadian purchase.
I understand the La Ferrari had a similar agreement and showed as a caveat on title.

I didn't have an agreement on 2005 FGT in Texas. I did sign one on for 18 months on LaFerrari, but there's nothing special on its Texas Title; and I think enforcing in TX would be difficult.

OTG

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
While I don't know first hand, I've learned from Fchat that these right of first refusal contracts don't hold a lot of water. Sure, Ford (like Ferrari and Porsche) might black ball you from the NNFGT in 10 years, but that's about it. Unless they've put the allocations in order from the guy who owns 50 Ford dealerships and has a 8 05-06 FGTs to the guy who never owned a Ford but made a decent video begging to be selected, there will be cars on the market sooner than 2 years.

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I (happily) signed a 2-year no-sale agreement on my 2005 Ford GT. I also got to order it to my specs, pick my dealer, and know it was not going to be marked up by the dealer. Ordered in May of 2005 and picked up August 23rd, 2005.

But only 120-some people got that deal for the 2005-2006 model. Now everyone (who got a NFGT allocation) is using this process.

Last edited:

Jiminee

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Agreed, I don't care if it's a 2 year commitment or 10 year commitment not to sell, the only one who will have a chance to get my car are my kids--and that's after I'm 6 feet under. You have to appreciate that Ford did their best to get the cars into the hands of true aficionados who will drive the hell out of them!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Enforceability is one question; the real question is what is your word worth? If your word is worth nothing, go for it.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Celebrities have dificulties keeping a car for so long and they probably know a lawyer or two to make them a private contract but who cares, maybe it ends up in the hands of a more hardcore FGT enthusiast. Personally, I wish Ford would make 4038 of them so we can all enjoy them, hell, the way things are going, try and build them all this year !

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
exactly, I have a lot of people asking how they would enforce it and I just say it doesn't matter, thats what I agreed to, thats it, end of story....

I thought they might only lease it to you for 2 years, that way you never own it till the lease is done....

Enforceability is one question; the real question is what is your word worth? If your word is worth nothing, go for it.

OTG

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009

I agree 100%. But, this is a $500k car - one of the most expensive new cars you can buy. Even a few of the most enthusiastic FGT enthusiasts that will have trouble paying for the car or turning down some crazy offer at C&C.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
I don't think the 2 year hold period is enforceable either... but the right of 1st refusal certainly is. I think the buyback amount could be something to fight over.

That being said, the vetting process was pretty intense. They have put them in the hands of people who will keep them.

In two years, there will only be 500 built. You will see some up for sale, but not many.