Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sounds good to me.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
We haven’t done one in Washington yet. Given planning and lead time, we could host it here in 2023 or 2024. GT@50, 2112, and I would be happy to do the legwork. We would want to do it in June or July, because later than that gets into fire season.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Not in the summer. The last two weeks here, and the forecast for the next week are sunny and temps from upper 70’s to mid-80’s, with a few into the 90’s. We wouldn’t have wildfires if it rained during the summer.

Reactions: extrap

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
sorry to hear, was really looking forward to meeting the great FGT group again .... now I just have to do with Terry :cool: 😂 Hoping for another Rally soon. Thanks for trying 🤘🙏

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Sorry to hear this, Dave. And like so many others have said thank you so very much for the huge effort this must have been only to be foiled at the end.

But I feel your pain! I found an exceptionally low mileage 427 Galaxie outside Montreal and have been trying for over a month to get it across the border.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Forget the Rally.

It's our ongoing gratitude to Dave that counts. Really appreciate the incredible continuing effort.

Don't know how he continues to do it, but I know he'll do it again. Thanks in advance

Reactions: timcantwell

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave,
Thank you .
See you over the summer here at events in Detroit, Woodward et al.
Andy (ajb)

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Dave A hearty thank you!! Was looking forward to a track day with MM - another day
Jim/Ryan

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Difficult times we are living in now. I certainly appreciate the effort Dave has spent, only to have to pull the plug.

Thanks Dave, looking forward to attending the next rally .

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
No doubt there are always hurdles in doing events such as this during this not so common time we are experiencing. I am sure nobody is more disappointed than Dave but we all know the next time we get together it will be bigger and better for sure. Thanks again for keeping this special group together and allowing us to all be a part of it.

Mark H.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
sorry to hear, was really looking forward to meeting the great FGT group again .... now I just have to do with Terry :cool: 😂 Hoping for another Rally soon. Thanks for trying 🤘🙏
See you at the Goodwood classic

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gentlemen,

We've had two rallies in Detroit, two in Las Vegas, two in Utah, two in Texas, two in California. It's late and a lot of our members need several months time to plan and November is just 4 months away. Too cold for most Rally spots but there haven't been two in AZ yet. Just sayin'.

Chip
I'm sure vegas would welcome you back too. Like Phoenix late fall is great weather

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Dave - Thanks for all you did for this, a lot of work preparing to have it fall through.
Vegas is always great to go to. Better in the off summer months, but still fun.

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Thanks for the update Dave and all you do for the forum and it's members. I'm sure whatever the venue, it will be epic like all the past rallies.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Definitely very sad news but it's totally understandable and seems like the right decision. Thank you @dbk for all you do for us!

Reactions: GEE-TEE

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Dave: Sorry this fell through, but look at the great support group you have behind you! Let us know what kind of beer! The next one will be better than ever. Thanks for all you do for us!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
The Chinese have a symbol that means two things: disaster and opportunity. I’m sure at the end of the day this will become the latter. Can’t thanks you enough for all your efforts Dave!

Reactions: extrap

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The Chinese word for "crisis" (simplified Chinese: 危机; traditional Chinese: 危機; pinyin: wēijī, wéijī) is, in Western popular culture, frequently but incorrectly said to be written with two Chinese characters signifying "danger" (wēi, 危) and "opportunity" (jī, 机; 機).

JFK had famously interpreted it but apparently incorrectly.

But yes, most assuredly, undoubtedly hopeful that good will come out of this in a new re-birth of opportunity.

Last edited:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
The Chinese word for "crisis" (simplified Chinese: 危机; traditional Chinese: 危機; pinyin: wēijī, wéijī) is, in Western popular culture, frequently but incorrectly said to be written with two Chinese characters signifying "danger" (wēi, 危) and "opportunity" (jī, 机; 機).

JFK had famously interpreted it but apparently incorrectly.

But yes, most assuredly, undoubtedly hopeful that good will come out of this in a new re-birth of opportunity.
Show off.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Perhaps it is a good thing we didn't go. News report that 12 people poisoned in a Markham restaurant. All went to intensive care. There was the poison aconite in the food that used Kaempferia Galanga and Radix Aconiti Kusnezoffi powders. How lucky can we be?