Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Please see if they can export one to Canada. :LOL:
I will send one to you right away

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Hope to be able to make it. Shorter drive from NY. :) Quick visit to see Kevin and Joe for some updates. Then the Rally.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Unfortunately Jovette and I will be unable to attend this year due to a conflict. Really depressed about it but had previously made plans back in March for those dates. It is sure to be another epic Rally.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Unfortunately Jovette and I will be unable to attend this year due to a conflict. Really depressed about it but had previously made plans back in March for those dates. It is sure to be another epic Rally.
Bummed I won’t see you both

ed.life

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2012
Victoria B.C. Canada
It's come together. Registration up within 24 hours. Let's do it.
Any news on registration? I have been checking and haven't seen anything.

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
I don‘t think @B.M.F. will let me go

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
You are a ⭐️ Dave !
Pending entry regulation not tightening again, Mimo and I are game !
Looking very very much forward to see all our Favorite people across the pond ❤️

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It will be good to see you two. It has been a long time.

Reactions: Alexander

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I just received my Canada Non-resident Inter-province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card from State Farm. It is in English and French. It identifies the car and the insured owner with term of coverage. It is to be with the vehicle at all times.

Just fyi for everyone

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Dave should have his Easy Button by now so it shouldn’t be too long for registration to open…

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Sorry - blame the Canadian PM...

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Since I am in Canada, FINALLY an easy event to go to !!!
Hi Dave I don't see registration open yet.
Also what about what we spoke about?
Angelo - 06fordgt

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Will be visiting Multimatic soon and then also planning a couple days at Car Week, so not sure if I can swing a third GT trip in the very same month, but definitely excited for myself and everyone to experience Multimatic before the end of the production run!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Just asking.

What safety equipment will be required for the Track Day at the Rally?

Who enforces, and how strictly?

Have stuff left over from previous Rally that hasn't been used.

Assume same required for driver and any passenger ( instructor ).

Anyone have directions for belt installation in new GT? (I'm sure I have them somewhere, but these days I read like my wife - I just look at the pictures. )

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well, as I'm sure you might imagine, I have to be the very depressed bearer of bad news regarding doing GT Rally in Markham. It unfortunately became clear that the international crossing situation put an unacceptably high risk of disaster on the event. I anticipated we would lose some attendees over border requirements, but those same issues also ultimately made the prospect of moving cars internationally untenable. We've really dialed in our relationship with Reliable over the years, and their ability to seamlessly pick-up and drop-off a ton of extremely high-value cars for us has been invaluable, and that is sadly not possible for this particular journey.

There were some additional serious concerns about doing this that cropped up in the last few weeks. You can ask me about them over a beer someday. At the end of the day, I want people to have fun rather than be tormented, so as much as I'd have loved to do it, and for as long as I've envisioned doing it (literally almost 10 years), I've had to make the executive decision to call this one. I'm very sorry to have to say that.

That said, I will be back shortly with more RXIV news.

giphy.gif

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks for all the tireless effort you put into this

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinovac

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
No doubt you've worked very long and hard to try to pull this off. Thank you for that and everything you do, some things are out of control. Just let us know where we can buy you the beer.

Reactions: Sinovac and JWZ

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
As much effort as I think it takes I am sure I'm missing half of what you go thru to make this happen each year. Thanks for all you do and the others involved behind the scenes mapping routes for our lovely rides and much more.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry to hear it. Can't we get cars delivered to US side of the border and drive in? Buffalo is only 2 hours away.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks for all your efforts Dave! We know this is beyond your control and it was an agonizing decision for you.. we'll be waiting to hear what's next!