Ford GT Prices going up?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Well, the mileage AND color together seem to determine the price.

Hope this answers your question

How about the year?

Shouldn't average mileage also consider the year of the car?

Any significant difference in demand for either year that you have noticed?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
How about the year?

Shouldn't average mileage also consider the year of the car?

Any significant difference in demand for either year that you have noticed?

Year does come into factor, but its starting to matter less and less. Some try to stay away from very early 05 production cars as there were reported problems from some owners, but I have had a few early 05 cars and they seems pretty good. Again, Mileage and color seem to be the two MAIN factors

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Year does come into factor, but its starting to matter less and less.

Think we talked about that before. Right now if you have an 05, you have a first year of production. If you have an 06, you have the last year of production. :biggrin

In a couple of years, it really won't matter at all.

Well, the mileage AND color together seem to determine the price.
From what I have seen, buyers will pay BIG PREMIUMS for a hard to find color with very low miles.

So, I guess I move my no option 170 miles yellow into my retirement account? :thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
So, I guess I move my no option 170 miles yellow into my retirement account? :thumbsup

Not a bad idea. That is a RARE car

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Not a bad idea. That is a RARE car

Could a car like that bring more then a yellow FGT with all the options?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Reds are fetching $350k +.

Sorry. I made that up. :biggrin

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Could a car like that bring more then a yellow FGT with all the options?

Yep :biggrin

It is 1 of 1. And no fugly speaker and heavy stripes so not only unique, but also faster than the optioned cars.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
An ebay auction for a 4 option Tungston just closed at $175k with two bids. Of course, there is no way of knowing if these were shill bids and the car was really not sold as the bidder identities were hidden.

All things considered for those that care, prices are holding up very well for undamaged FGT's of all years, mileage, options, tweaks and colors. This is counter to most new "supercars" from Ferraris to Vipers, all of which drop percipitously upon delivery unless something very unique or custom is in play, and that is the exception, not the rule.

So, once your axle bolts have been replaced with Accu-fab's or Ford's soon-to-be-announced fix, drive it and enjoy it!

usmcfred

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Does anyone know how lightly modified used GTs have done in the marketplace?

Exhaust, pulley swap, etc.

Better price, same, or less?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I will never forget that car sitting at Wixom during rally one. Such a cool car!

Yep :biggrin

It is 1 of 1. And no fugly speaker and heavy stripes so not only unique, but also faster than the optioned cars.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I will never forget that car sitting at Wixom during rally one. Such a cool car!

We thought it looked so good that it was really the only specific car we took pictures of in the plant. That makes it even more fun to have it at home with those pictures on the wall.

The interesting thing is that it was so late in the run to become unique.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The car that just sold at $175k, was a QUICK SILVER. lambo Houston purchased it, So I would say it was a legit deal. Watch for it on their website (unless it was pre-sold). Anyway, these cars are doing well, no doubt. Drive them, enjoy them, and when its time to sell then worry about the re-sale. Unless you purchased the car as a sole investment, I would not worry to much about it! :thumbsup

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Does anyone know how lightly modified used GTs have done in the marketplace?

Exhaust, pulley swap, etc.

Better price, same, or less?

I would imagine that if the new owner didn't want all that stuff, he could easily go back to stock. That's why I've kept all my stock stuff. A whippled red/white has been on Ebay numerous times and isn't getting any action.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...012QQitemZ220169331113QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I would imagine that if the new owner didn't want all that stuff, he could easily go back to stock. That's why I've kept all my stock stuff. A whippled red/white has been on Ebay numerous times and isn't getting any action.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...012QQitemZ220169331113QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

He is asking $169,900 on his web site. 6000 miles

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
He is asking $169,900 on his web site. 6000 miles

Not a bad price really, especially if the car is in good shape.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Till Ford comes out with something new, the market will hold steady.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Till Ford comes out with something new, the market will hold steady.

I believe that will be quite a long time, since I don't think Ford's priority is building another supercar. That will have to wait until they are profitable, their market share stop sliding, stabilizes and then begins to increase.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I believe that will be quite a long time, since I don't think Ford's priority is building another supercar. That will have to wait until they are profitable, their market share stop sliding, stabilizes and then begins to increase.

Agree, but that Boeing know-how will save the company eventially. Presently they have too many platforms worldwide, too much healthcare cost per car,and too many redundant and boring products.

However, the quality of the cars are up tremendously in recent years (I drive a 2005 Mustang GT convertible as my driver, flawless for 2.5 yrs)

That said, Ford has no money at present for another supercar, and I wonder now if the days are numbered for all supercars because of the green folks.... you do know WE on this board are destoying the planet:bs:bs:bs

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
"you do know WE on this board are destoying the planet"

AS "fast" as I can!! :rofl

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180182370136

Seems like a fair deal at $155K but I'll bet you could call them and buy it for $150K.