Ford GT Prices going up?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Could a car like that bring more then a yellow FGT with all the options?

Yep :biggrin

It is 1 of 1. And no fugly speaker and heavy stripes so not only unique, but also faster than the optioned cars.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
An ebay auction for a 4 option Tungston just closed at $175k with two bids. Of course, there is no way of knowing if these were shill bids and the car was really not sold as the bidder identities were hidden.

All things considered for those that care, prices are holding up very well for undamaged FGT's of all years, mileage, options, tweaks and colors. This is counter to most new "supercars" from Ferraris to Vipers, all of which drop percipitously upon delivery unless something very unique or custom is in play, and that is the exception, not the rule.

So, once your axle bolts have been replaced with Accu-fab's or Ford's soon-to-be-announced fix, drive it and enjoy it!

usmcfred

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180182370136

Seems like a fair deal at $155K but I'll bet you could call them and buy it for $150K.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Does anyone know how lightly modified used GTs have done in the marketplace?

Exhaust, pulley swap, etc.

Better price, same, or less?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I will never forget that car sitting at Wixom during rally one. Such a cool car!

Yep :biggrin

It is 1 of 1. And no fugly speaker and heavy stripes so not only unique, but also faster than the optioned cars.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I will never forget that car sitting at Wixom during rally one. Such a cool car!
We thought it looked so good that it was really the only specific car we took pictures of in the plant. That makes it even more fun to have it at home with those pictures on the wall.

The interesting thing is that it was so late in the run to become unique.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
I say $200k in 6 months

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
I would like to apologize for the resale values... see, I bought a Ford GT a couple of months ago and that guaranteed that all car values would slowly begin to plummet. I forsee being able to pick one up for around $50k in a few months due to my purchase.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The car that just sold at $175k, was a QUICK SILVER. lambo Houston purchased it, So I would say it was a legit deal. Watch for it on their website (unless it was pre-sold). Anyway, these cars are doing well, no doubt. Drive them, enjoy them, and when its time to sell then worry about the re-sale. Unless you purchased the car as a sole investment, I would not worry to much about it! :thumbsup

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Does anyone know how lightly modified used GTs have done in the marketplace?

Exhaust, pulley swap, etc.

Better price, same, or less?
I would imagine that if the new owner didn't want all that stuff, he could easily go back to stock. That's why I've kept all my stock stuff. A whippled red/white has been on Ebay numerous times and isn't getting any action.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...012QQitemZ220169331113QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Every now and again I'm on ebay looking at these cars for 180k with low miles. Do they sell for this much? Are Ford gt prices for both the used cars and still "new" cars going up?

Thanks,
Nate

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Every now and again I'm on ebay looking at these cars for 180k with low miles. Do they sell for this much? Are Ford gt prices for both the used cars and still "new" cars going up?

Thanks,
Nate
We've had l-o-n-g discussions over this on other threads, Nate. Some say yes. Some say no. But, there's no arguing the fact that ASKING prices have been going up for a while now. That would seem to indicate that selling prices must be too.

'Just MHO.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
yes

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I would like to apologize for the resale values... see, I bought a Ford GT a couple of months ago and that guaranteed that all car values would slowly begin to plummet. I forsee being able to pick one up for around $50k in a few months due to my purchase.
Well, you better get $130K worth of enjoyment out of her by then! :ack

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
We've had l-o-n-g discussions over this on other threads, Nate. Some say yes. Some say no. But, there's no arguing the fact that ASKING prices have been going up for a while now. That would seem to indicate that selling prices must be too.

'Just MHO.
Well I hope Im not starting a thread thats gonna get out of control Thank you guys for your input. :cheers

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Seem to be a lot of no bids this week

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
If I may, I would like to share how I'm getting my money's worth.....

This past Saturday, I stopped in at the local watering hole. This fine establishment has recently brought on this drop dead gorgeous 21 year old bartender. 5' 9" Redhead. Smokin chassis. She is 'hot'.

She notices my GT and strikes up a conversation asking all sorts of questions. Obvioulsy the doors and the seats are points of interest. She eventually mentions that "the GT has the air of 'old money'...which is much more attractive to women."

Finally she gets around to asking if I have named her. I tell her no and ask her what she would name her.

We go outside and she sits down. She stares at the GT for a while and says, "I just want to stroke her and feel her lines. That is a man's car. It's beautiful and brutish, while also being exciting. I'm going to get my lesbian on and seduce her."

With that line, I needed to go back inside, sit down, and get my cocktail.

A little later, she comes back inside and declares with a big smile, "her name is Layla."

I had very pleasant dreams that evening. :rofl

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Heritage's go for 180K+ but I doubt other colors are pulling this price yet.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I had very pleasant dreams that evening. :rofl
Pleasant dreams???:thumbsdow
So much for the one call close:confused
I would be embarassed to end a story on a such a sad note:eek:willy:eek

Hell, I would have lied....:banana:rofl:lol
and offered a HAPPY ENDING:lol:biggrin:lol