Ford GT Prices going up?

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Every now and again I'm on ebay looking at these cars for 180k with low miles. Do they sell for this much? Are Ford gt prices for both the used cars and still "new" cars going up?

Thanks,
Nate

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Every now and again I'm on ebay looking at these cars for 180k with low miles. Do they sell for this much? Are Ford gt prices for both the used cars and still "new" cars going up?

Thanks,
Nate

We've had l-o-n-g discussions over this on other threads, Nate. Some say yes. Some say no. But, there's no arguing the fact that ASKING prices have been going up for a while now. That would seem to indicate that selling prices must be too.

'Just MHO.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
yes

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
We've had l-o-n-g discussions over this on other threads, Nate. Some say yes. Some say no. But, there's no arguing the fact that ASKING prices have been going up for a while now. That would seem to indicate that selling prices must be too.

'Just MHO.

Well I hope Im not starting a thread thats gonna get out of control Thank you guys for your input. :cheers

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Seem to be a lot of no bids this week

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Heritage's go for 180K+ but I doubt other colors are pulling this price yet.

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

Thanks,
Nate

Simple formula especially for cars no longer in production. Price=What a willing seller accepts from a willing buyer, period.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
May or may not be going up, but there sure does not seem to be a BIG depreciation hit like many predicted.

There was a lot of talk about waiting 2 years and buy one for 100K.

Good luck with that.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Heritage's go for 180K+ but I doubt other colors are pulling this price yet.

There's a California based Heritage 4 option car with less than 200 miles and still on MSO currently running on ebay with an opening bid of $220k. Will be interesting to see if it sells. Currently, NO BIDS.

usmcfred

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There's a California based Heritage 4 option car with less than 200 miles and still on MSO currently running on ebay with an opening bid of $220k. Will be interesting to see if it sells. Currently, NO BIDS.

usmcfred

>$220K sounds a tad high. Given my recent search for a yellow MSO car I would have guessed the market was in the $185K-$190K range for an untitled Heritage. But hey, the car is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay. I hope it finds a good home. :thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
If anyone values my opinion.....

Yes, Prices are definatly on the upward move. I am paying 10k more now than I was 2 months ago for the same car. And yes, there are cars selling in the $180k range. NEW Heritage cars are bringing $180k+ on the Wholesale market. Retail on a NEW (less than 100 mile heritage) is $195k to $200k easy. Now, since we are getting into winter, it may lighten up just a tad, but I havent seen any signs of that yet.

These are FACTUAL statements from my last few months sales.
I may tend to get a little more for these cars than the average guy as I work VERY hard to have a perfect REPUTATION as far as the cars I sell, but I do think that the ford gt is one of the best cars on the road. I will be messing with them wether they are selling HI or LOW. I just love them!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow $10K over the past month or so. What a strong market. :thumbsup

Shelbyelite, I have a question. If there are two identical GTs, with minimal miles, say only 100 miles on the odometer, is there any additional value in the car that is still on MSO vs the one that has been titled? Thanks.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Wow $10K over the past month or so. What a strong market. :thumbsup

Shelbyelite, I have a question. If there are two identical GTs, with minimal miles, say only 100 miles on the odometer, is there any additional value in the car that is still on MSO vs the one that has been titled? Thanks.

Not really. Most of my customers focus on MILES and COLOR. MSO is not that important (heck, there are several MSO cars out there with 2k, 3k, and more miles on them... I dont consider that new). The miles make a REALLLLY big difference. More so than any other car I have ever bought and sold

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Not really. Most of my customers focus on MILES and COLOR. MSO is not that important. The miles make a REALLLLY big difference. More so than any other car I have ever bought and sold

Thanks.

That should make 'Pockets especially happy. :rofl:rofl

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

What, looking for number #5? :willy

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What, looking for number #5? :willy

Dave- You KNOW better. If I was looking for another GT you would already have an email...:lol

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Shelbylite,

Do you have a basic idea of how the miles affect price, or is it really unique to each deal?

In other words, are there common breaking points where the price drops, then levels out for awhile, then takes another drop at another point in accumulation?

I assume, if there are patterns, they're pretty easy to guess. Like less than 100, then 101 to 500, then 501 to 1000, then 1,000 to 2,000, etc.

Just curious if you've seen the typical (or any atypical) effects on mileage vs. price.

thanks

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Dave- You KNOW better. If I was looking for another GT you would already have an email...:lol

What car does dave have for sale??

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Well, the mileage AND color together seem to determine the price.
From what I have seen, buyers will pay BIG PREMIUMS for a hard to find color with very low miles. For Example, Black seems to be a harder color to find. When you cross that with low mileage (less than 500) the cars bring top dollar. Over 5000 miles seems to take a little bit of a hit, then 7500, then 10k. After 10k I dont have any experience as I havent sold any cars over 8k miles.
People will also pay BIIIIG premiums for single digit mile cars. I just sold a White car with 2.9 miles for over $190k

1000 to 4000 miles seems to be average miles. people dont pay extra to get them, but dont really deduct because of these miles.

Hope this answers your question

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Interesting. Thanks.