Status
Not open for further replies.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
John - congrats... you and Brian (Stormcat) of the masters of the "getting signatures trade"
andy (ajb)

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
John, I will bet that getting that cork was not on your bucket list. So happy for all of you that got to be there and check so many things off their bucket list, especially those that took their cars and got to do the parade lap.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
As I have said......................................GO BLU................................

I second that.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Waved our Ford Performance flags as the GTs finished their final lap and stopped in front of the hospitality to do a burnout. Drivers got out, ran over and climbed the wall to raise their arms in victory in front of us.

Hugged Henry & Edsel Ford after having watched Ford win the 24 Hours of Le Mans in a Ford GT. Hugged Raj, who took an absolutely incredible (and now legendary) risk by pushing this program, still in his safety gear in the pit garage before he ran to the podium. Watched Bill Ford spray champagne all over giddy Ford GT Forum members.

Drove my GT through Le Mans and the French countryside alone yesterday post-race. People literally cheered and clapped as it passed by.

An astonishing day for the legend of Ford GT. So happy for so many people.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
What an incredible time for the Ford family. I literally got goosebumps reading this.....so happy you all got to experience it!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Waved our Ford Performance flags as the GTs finished their final lap and stopped in front of the hospitality to do a burnout. Drivers got out, ran over and climbed the wall to raise their arms in victory in front of us.

Hugged Henry & Edsel Ford after having watched Ford win the 24 Hours of Le Mans in a Ford GT. Hugged Raj, who took an absolutely incredible (and now legendary) risk by pushing this program, still in his safety gear in the pit garage before he ran to the podium. Watched Bill Ford spray champagne all over giddy Ford GT Forum members.

Drove my GT through Le Mans and the French countryside alone yesterday post-race. People literally cheered and clapped as it passed by.

I've got a lot of catching up to do on here. Been occupied with coaching my son's football team in a weekend tournament.

If the above post is any indication..... Wow, just wow.

Congratulations to all involved!!!!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I would just like to add one photograph, which alone made it worth the trip to LeMans.

Congratulations to the entire Ford family, it's Executives, Employees, the incredible GT Team and of course all my GT Forum friends who came to France to be a part of history! Victory is sweet!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 317

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
You've seen the cork, now here is the bottle!!
Congrats to Ford Performance and especially to the Ford family, who treated us all like family, congrats to us all........DSC09449.JPGDSC09452.JPG

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Well, I was a lithographer and even I'm impressed as to how fast this was produced and hanging in the 24hr museum.

Attachments

• 20160620_125939.jpg
    20160620_125939.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 296

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Nice "grabs" on the memorabilia guys!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

Simply amazing, I just imagined being there for a second, and super happy it turned out to be such a fruitful journey for the forum members as well :)

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Boarding the ferry with a perfect 1,2,3,4 finish.

image.jpg

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Great time had by all! Simply incredible! Spoke with Ford family and definitely happening (ford sponsoring the cars) next year! For those who could not make it this year, definitely try for next year! Worth every penny !!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
RAJ NAIR and JEAN TOD (Chairman of the FIA), opening the "Ford Parade" just before the 24 heures of Le Mans race, with the new 2017 Ford GT.

gt2.jpg

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Nice "grabs" on the memorabilia guys!

No kidding!!! Great snag!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Arrived in Paris a few hours ago... What a week here in Le Mans! Ford went WAY overboard on the hospitality suite for all of the GT owners and guests of Ford. Also had a great pit row suite right above the Ford GT's pits... An amazing experience to watch this historic race. The Ford family... All of them are so kind and polite... Spent a lot of time in the suite with the GT owners... Even came back after the race and celebrated with all of us... Took photos, signed autographs, drank champagne with us and talked with all in the room. It was also great reconnecting with old and new GT friends while at the race.

Great memorabilia and clothing while at the suite as well... Lots of new goodies to place in the GT Ga RAJ Mahal at home. Lots of autographs.... Even Chip Ganassi's. Feel real bad I missed Raj for his autograph.

After the race a few of us went to an out of the way highly rated restaurant for dinner. All of the sudden Bill Ford walks over to our table of 7, all in Ford GT clothing, and takes a photo with us and chats for a while before heading back to his wife and son Will and a few other guests. This Ford family is a real class act!

After a few days in Paris we will take the long flight back home to recuperate.

Thanks go out to all the Ford Family (Bill, Edsel, Henry III), Dave B, and all the dozens of Ford team members that made our trip and time at Le Mans a VERY memorable and historic experience that will not be forgotten. Soooo happy we decided to make the trip!

Look forward to Rally 11 !

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Arrived in Paris a few hours ago... What a week here in Le Mans! Ford went WAY overboard on the hospitality suite for all of the GT owners and guests of Ford. Also had a great pit row suite right above the Ford GT's pits... An amazing experience to watch this historic race. The Ford family... All of them are so kind and polite... Spent a lot of time in the suite with the GT owners... Even came back after the race and celebrated with all of us... Took photos, signed autographs, drank champagne with us and talked with all in the room. It was also great reconnecting with old and new GT friends while at the race.

Great memorabilia and clothing while at the suite as well... Lots of new goodies to place in the GT Ga RAJ Mahal at home. Lots of autographs.... Even Chip Ganassi's. Feel real bad I missed Raj for his autograph.

After the race a few of us went to an out of the way highly rated restaurant for dinner. All of the sudden Bill Ford walks over to our table of 7, all in Ford GT clothing, and takes a photo with us and chats for a while before heading back to his wife and son Will and a few other guests. This Ford family is a real class act!

After a few days in Paris we will take the long flight back home to recuperate.

Thanks go out to all the Ford Family (Bill, Edsel, Henry III), Dave B, and all the dozens of Ford team members that made our trip and time at Le Mans a VERY memorable and historic experience that will not be forgotten. Soooo happy we decided to make the trip!

Look forward to Rally 11 !

Cool story. What restaurant?

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Well, I was a lithographer and even I'm impressed as to how fast this was produced and hanging in the 24hr museum.

Now there's a banner I'd like to see hanging floor to ceiling in my garage!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The friendliness and simplicity of the Ford family is exceptional.
A big thank you to them !

Bill FORD with me.

View attachment 42823

Great photo... Sorry I missed meeting you in person last week... Great win!!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
British Invasion.

Gentlemen,

Our rolling Rally has diminished to three. Back in Southampton, England about to start our final drive to drop the cars off. What a ride this has been.

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.