Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
24 hours of Le Mans 1966 heritage footage with Ford GT rediscovered!

Just in case this incredible and charming film was nos shown here.

https://youtu.be/AdpWTLB0Y4I

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well, I was a lithographer and even I'm impressed as to how fast this was produced and hanging in the 24hr museum.

Yes Steve it was there on Monday when we did the tour.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
WHAT A TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was absolutely over the top. In addition to the Ford family, there was upper management present, the design team, there were so many people that truly made this car happen, and we were there to see it win. To be able to share in their joy was truly amazing. We stayed at the hospitality until 630. They pretty much had to toss us out.

We are so happy we went on this trip. To describe it as "once in a lifetime" grossly understates the magnitude of what were able to see.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Our plane was delayed and we are staying an extra day in Paris. Susan and I could care less. We are still floating on air from the experience that was the 2016 Le Mans. The 5 Star Ford Hospitality, the connecting with good friends at the event and the dream come true that Ford would win. We will never, ever forget this moment and we are so greatful to all those that made it possible. Ford Motor Company, CGR, Ford Performance, Multimatic and DBK. I can not thank you enough. An experience I will treasure for the rest of my life. Never thought it would happen again and never ever thought I would be there to celebrate victory. Long live the King!

Vince H

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So how was the view from hospitality? Meh.....

Attachments

• IMG_20160616_215927002.jpg
    IMG_20160616_215927002.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 319

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
WHAT A TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was absolutely over the top. In addition to the Ford family, there was upper management present, the design team, there were so many people that truly made this car happen, and we were there to see it win. To be able to share in their joy was truly amazing. We stayed at the hospitality until 630. They pretty much had to toss us out.

We are so happy we went on this trip. To describe it as "once in a lifetime" grossly understates the magnitude of what were able to see.

Our plane was delayed and we are staying an extra day in Paris. Susan and I could care less. We are still floating on air from the experience that was the 2016 Le Mans. The 5 Star Ford Hospitality, the connecting with good friends at the event and the dream come true that Ford would win. We will never, ever forget this moment and we are so greatful to all those that made it possible. Ford Motor Company, CGR, Ford Performance, Multimatic and DBK. I can not thank you enough. An experience I will treasure for the rest of my life. Never thought it would happen again and never ever thought I would be there to celebrate victory. Long live the King!

Vince H

Vince H

What they said x2! What a trip! All of the wonderful surprises they had for us with the hospitality. WOW...:thumbsup
We just barely made our connecting flight and still operating on limited sleep, but still have our Ford Logo clothes on and a permanent grin. :biggrin:biggrin had people in all the airport congratulating us. There just isn't the right words, but Thank you DBK, Ford.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

DBK, Brian & Amy, and Charley and I got our GT's turned into the shipping company for their boat ride home and then we caught a van to London. Dave got on a plane home and I'm spending the night here. C4 and I have been biking all over London for hours. It will take a couple weeks for me to process this trip. What a drive, what a ride, what a sight, what an event. Cheers.

Chip

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Glorious,

image.jpg

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Lake Como.

image.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Made my final 242 mile leg from Toronto back to Detroit last night. I think I drove the GT about 1900 miles while in Europe, ended up at just under 30,000 miles.

I couldn't help but feel silly driving home, completely exhausted, unable to wipe the smile off my face from the last 12 days. Much to process, and will post later.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We are still in Paris until Friday... Enjoying the sites... But I sure miss the home style food... I guess I am more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy...

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Back in Texas late yesterday and headed for Mexican food and a margarita tonight! Just now downloading my photos and can't wait to see them on the big screen! Great trip with truly fantastic people and historical race results.

Glad we were part of it! :biggrin

Thanks Dave for making it happen!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
The friendliness and simplicity of the Ford family is exceptional.
A big thank you to them !

Bill FORD with me.

View attachment 42823

That's weird, Bill strangely resembles Henry in that pic.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Magic, usually we hit either Mexican food, Whataburger, or James Coney Island to get our tastebuds straightened out. Glad you had a fun time with a safe trip home to Texas. Get ready for the next one!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Vince H

Vince H

What they said x2! What a trip! All of the wonderful surprises they had for us with the hospitality. WOW...:thumbsup
We just barely made our connecting flight and still operating on limited sleep, but still have our Ford Logo clothes on and a permanent grin. :biggrin:biggrin had people in all the airport congratulating us. There just isn't the right words, but Thank you DBK, Ford.

Yep, yep and Yep! !! We are still in France until the 28th. Still riding the high of the race and the full event experience!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Oh come on guys this was a block or so from where we stayed in Paris..... (no we didnt try it....)

Back in Texas late yesterday and headed for Mexican food and a margarita tonight!

Attachments

• IMG_20160614_203048512.jpg
    IMG_20160614_203048512.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 296

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
El Chunko???? Sounds delicious...not!!

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
for what it's worth, tripadvisor ranks El Chuncho #12432 of the local restaurants.....

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
That's weird, Bill strangely resembles Henry in that pic.

For sure:)

Henry sure seems like he is always smiling and is very approachable- seems like a really good guy

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Lemans from the air

Not the greatest pics from the helicopter but give some idea of the scope and size of the main area. Donna flying shotgun as we really get a great perspective of the amount of people and how large the track is.

Attachments

• IMG_4044.jpg
    IMG_4044.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_4045.jpg
    IMG_4045.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4047.jpg