Ford GT National Rally II! Details/Registration

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
todd,

I think you and I met this Mystic Guy "bony" once I believe, but he won't come down below Santa Barbara. So all bets are on for seeing the infamous white GT in the Newport longitude! If we see him there, I believe customary protocol would dictate that he buys us a drink, since he has missed two So Cal GT Cruises!

N'est pas? :thumbsup

I agree :thumbsup

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Joining in

I'm sending my registration form and check priority FedEx today, so you'll have it tomorrow.

Let me know if that's OK. Sorry for the late registration.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's fine Jim! No problem. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm so excited right now about a certain someone I got a call from today who will be attending. Friday dinner at the Petersen should be awesome. This guy is an absolute legend from Ford's past and present, and having him be at this event is just a fantastic thing. I feel like there's another Ford car out right now I should buy to bring out as well!:banana

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
I'm so excited right now about a certain someone I got a call from today who will be attending. Friday dinner at the Petersen should be awesome. This guy is an absolute legend from Ford's past and present, and having him be at this event is just a fantastic thing. I feel like there's another Ford car out right now I should buy to bring out as well!:banana
Does his initials look anything like CS?

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Does his initials look anything like CS?

Just what iI was thinking! Is it?

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I'm sending my registration form and check priority FedEx today, so you'll have it tomorrow.

Let me know if that's OK. Sorry for the late registration.

Welcome.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California

What's the count?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
DBK, are the intials "DG"?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I Know The Initials Are:
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Who are Dog Gone and Chicken Sh-t?

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
hotel parking?

I asked the registration clerk about hotel parking for the GTs- he had absolutely no idea what kind of parking will be available - if there is a parking structure or just parking lot, if it is guarded, if there will be a roped-off GT-only area, etc.
Anyone have info on this?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There is a multi-parking structure and also an area where quite a few cars can be parked in view in front of the hotel. We're here now to make sure this is articulated to the staff of how to handle cars when they arrive.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I spoke with someone's admin this week on other matters. He ( secret guy )will be on the east coast that week getting a LTAA with JI ( Figure that one out). She was interested in the dates and had not heard about it. A definite we'll see. She did know of a infamous pair of GT crusaders that would be in the OC this week. I wonder who those guys are:cheers

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
The idea is GREAT.

I will be driving west on I-10 from the San Antonio, Texas area.

Should be a nice little exercise for the machine.

Would be great to meet up and travel with others that are going.

Let me know if you are coming by our area or are on the way heading west to the event.

Fred

Spirit,

I may be coming your way from Toronto Canada via Houston on the 28th or 29th. I am booked into the Scottsdale hotel that Chip Beck organized for the 30th.

I-10 looks like a blast via El Paso?

I'd love to hook up if the invite is still open.

Terry

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Come On Down

Spirit,

I may be coming your way from Toronto Canada via Houston on the 28th or 29th. I am booked into the Scottsdale hotel that Chip Beck organized for the 30th.

I-10 looks like a blast via El Paso?

I'd love to hook up if the invite is still open.

Terry

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Terry,

Yep, COME ON DOWN.:thumbsup

Would be good meet you and have another GT to travel with.

We are located only 1 mile off IH-10, North West of San Antonio.

We are thinking about leaving here the morning of Sunday July 29 and arrive in Scottsdale the evening of Monday July 30; and then spend July 31 just relaxing and meeting up with others.

May possibly take a side trip in New Mexico, maybe over to Carlsbad Caverns, and waste a day of travel time; then get in to Scottsdale Tuesday July 31st instead of Monday.

Nothing firm yet, we are very flexible. We will adjust to others needs and time lines.

Been trying to get STEVE592 & PICCOLA to come down here also. If they don’t come this far South, we will most likely hook up along the way.

Also, we might head back via Las Vegas and stop at Shelby’s place. I need to talk to TIMCANTWELL about his plans, I think him and some others are heading back that way. Again not firm but a possibility.

Also I have been trying to get TEXASGT out of the house. SILVERBULLITT says he ain’t going; what a WOOSE.:bang

Let me know your thoughts. I guess it’s about time I get my act together, being we are now only a month away from the Rally.

Fred

ANY OTHERS TRAVELING THE SOUTHERN ROUTE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW – THE MORE THE MERRIER.

:cheers

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
what about?

Frank are you driving or trailering?

for me swinging down to dallas and then 20/10 adds three hours and 250 miles to get to scottsdale.

40 via amarillo looks like the path then south thru monument valley .... I think that is the valley .....

its about scheduling .... work and otherwise. :bang :skep :slap :ack

give me some input you guys in the midwest .... oklahoma, missouri,, kansas or anyone east of that big muddy river thats thinking about heading south.

Steve

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hook Up?

There are several of us in NM. If we don't join up, at least we can see you as you go through (and offer a fun route). Hopefully we will be joining up!

EVERTTO,
Any of you New Mex guys going?:banana

Want to hook up along the way?:thumbsup

Am I finally starting to plan ahead?:bs

This may be a first!:willy

Please advise.

Fred

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Where?

for me swinging down to dallas and then 20/10 adds three hours and 250 miles to get to scottsdale.

Steve

Steve,

What's 3 hours in the "Grand Scheme Of Things" when it comes to having FUN?

We can meet up in the thriving metropolis of Kent, Texas where IH-10 & IH-20 come together.
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/tx/kent.html

I'll buy the beer.:thumbsup

Shouldn't be too hard to find each other out there:frown , but you never know, there may be quite a number of GT's hiding out in that neck of the desert.

Fred

Attachments

• KentTexasPublicSchool 2006.jpg
    KentTexasPublicSchool 2006.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 104

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Can you promise to keep the dept. of public safety officials to a minimum? I don't have my Texas Troopers Association sticker anymore .... so getting off the hook ain't gonna be easy when I've been fly'in along at 140... with it they just wave you along.:lol without it they shoot 12ga shotguns at your tires.:ack

I might be coerced into taking that route as it takes me farther away from my ex's house in okc. :rofl

I'll take you up on the beer in scottsdale....

S

Steve,

What's 3 hours in the "Grand Scheme Of Things" when it comes to having FUN?

We can meet up in the thriving metropolis of Kent, Texas where IH-10 & IH-20 come together.
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/tx/kent.html

I'll buy the beer.:thumbsup

Shouldn't be too hard to find each other out there:frown , but you never know, there may be quite a number of GT's hiding out in that neck of the desert.

Fred