Ford GT H023 Sells at Barrett-Jackson for $2.5 million

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Actually there is another one in Dallas that will have 2.

So a single private individual received 2 separate allocations in the first 750 cars allotted? Not a dealer principal, or his family member, or a pro team owner and his son, etc? Please elaborate. Curious in Fort Worth:secret:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:secret::secret:

So a single private individual received 2 separate allocations in the first 750 cars allotted?

Nope.

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
A very well known established owner of a dealership just received his 2017 several weeks ago and he told me he is scheduled to receive a 2018 as well. I guess he was not being honest.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
His son is receiving one and his went immediately in his museum! The Father received an allocation because his Ford Dealership is a top award winner and his son’s Dealership might be one also. There are top award winning Ford Dealers through the country who will be chosen to get GT’s.

Last edited:

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
That’s who I’m talking about. I just didn’t feel right mentioning the families name that received 2.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Very cool, congrats to the buyer. I had a hope and dream of buying this one, but beyond my means! Beautiful car and looks like everyone had fun! #prayfor2020. Lol

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Correct. After Ron purchased his GT, he decided to donate it to his friend's charity. Ray and Ron are both longtime Barrett-Jackson consignors and customers, they decided the best way to raise the most money for the IGNITE program was to auction the GT in Scottsdale.

We interviewed Raj (with Ray and Ron) live on Velocity/Discovery a few hours prior to the sale, as it was important for everyone to understand this particular offering had the full backing and participation of Ford, and that this was a one-and-done opportunity.

I've watched Ron Pratte for years and know of his philanthropy to many great causes. Thank you for the explanation. I just didn't understand his relationship with Ford and the GT. that is totally amazing. I didn't see the pre-stuff on what they were doing. very cool!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Here's my view of it. Great cause, awesome car and fun to watch and be a part of the excitement. Hats off to Ron, Greg, Ford and Barrett - extremely well done!

[video]https://youtu.be/ib78g7ftUKY[/video]

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Was a lot of fun to watch. We were down in the staging lanes prior, then was in the 4th row.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
"We now have the first multi-GT owner." The buyer of H023 already has a submitted order in-process, shortly to be produced, and now owns this car. This is the first legitimate multi-GT owner.

that didnt take long.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Former Jazz CEO Greg Miller buys $2.5 million car at charity auction

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...r-buys-25-million-car-in-charity-auction.html

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Very cool, congrats to the buyer. I had a hope and dream of buying this one, but beyond my means! Beautiful car and looks like everyone had fun! #prayfor2020. Lol

I wondered who the other guy besides me who was on his knees in prayer.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Congrats to Mr. Greg Miller :cheers

Now if we were to wager, who would be the first forum regular to be the next NFGT multiple owner ?? :biggrin

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
#prayfor2020.

Yep, I like it

aashelby

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2016
Dallas
it certainly is a good home. I spoke to Greg after and he was so excited about getting the car.

aashelby

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2016
Dallas
That is great. Sorry I missed y'all there. I did run into Chris later that night.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Today in Phoenix I was asked if I just bought my car at Barrett Jackson. My new answer is yes, but I didn't like the color of the racing stripes so I painted them alloy.

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 28, 2016
:rofl:rofl:rofl