Ford Gt Crash!!! The Car Is An Amazing Testament To Engineering!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
glad your ok

glad to see your ok.As my dad always said if it can be replaced by money don"t worry about it. your next gt will be even nicer!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Glad you're OK, I agree though, before the tow truck took care of it, the car looked easily repairable.

RWTD

Oct 14, 2006
Mobile, AL
I'm so glad you're okay!

Tho it already was, the good ole tow truck driver made sure it was finished off. I tend to wonder what the insurance company will value the drivetrain for, especially in light of the total value of the car itself.

The city should feel like a real arse right now!

M

Mark O

Glad you're OK, I agree though, before the tow truck took care of it, the car looked easily repairable.

Personally, If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't want it to own a repaired car.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I'm so glad you're okay!

Tho it already was, the good ole tow truck driver made sure it was finished off. I tend to wonder what the insurance company will value the drivetrain for, especially in light of the total value of the car itself.

The city should feel like a real arse right now!

according to FRPP catalogue the engine and transaxle sell for $50k :eek

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Mixed news!

Sorry about the loss of the GT but glad there were no serious injuries!

Did you bring this GT to Middlekauf Ford in November and have the GT-guy work on it? If so I met you then and took some pictures of all of the cars that were there. PM me if you want me to email them to you if it will help in either the memory or insurance departments!!

Dont Hesitate to purchase another GT!!!!

NOIR GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 6, 2006
Detroit
Glad you guys are okay. Buy another GT; that car saved your ass!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

First off - glad you are here to make a post of it.

Second - god forbid if it's going to be repaired, send it to Saleen in Detroit! If it landed on the passengers side all tubing /frame would have been an instant total. It was a good one with the billet'd control arms!

Last edited:

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
We should never take for granted (the unexpected things in life)
Glad you and you passenger are OK

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Glad to see you are alright. Let us know what happens with insurance.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables

You missed my point, I wasnt suggesting he repair the car, but just observing that despite the magnitude of the wreck that the car was easily repairable (or so it seemed from the photos).

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
You are right. I had a Ferrari 360 before the GT and Im sure that car would have vaporized after flying in the air and landing as hard as we did.

No. The 360 would have held up equally... The enzo, different story all together in how the car is consturcted and use of composite materials..

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
Incredible, glad you guys are ok. This is a real testiment to the structure of the GT, also note that the headlights continue to function.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
There has to be a lawyer or two on this site that could possibly tell you what to expect with the city and such?????? anyone???

Glad you're safe. So, were you like.... OH shit.... my GT!!!!! ? or where you like..... hope I live through this? as you were flying through the air?

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
There has to be a lawyer or two on this site that could possibly tell you what to expect with the city and such?????? anyone???

Glad you're safe. So, were you like.... OH shit.... my GT!!!!! ? or where you like..... hope I live through this? as you were flying through the air?

Lets see, I practice cage fighting as a hobby, I fight in submission wrestling events and I think rock crawling is one of the funnest things you can do. Im used to flying in the air whether it Im being thrown or jumping my jeeps. The crash didnt even phase me a bit. I have been in some really hairy rollovers in my rock crawlers with my head sittin around two inches from a sharp boulder sticking through my roof. Some people think I am nuts but Ive got to say that things like this remind me that I am alive and how much I enjoy life and how lucky of a person I really am. :thumbsup

I live by a interesting philosophy:

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. " - Theodore Roosevelt

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. " - Theodore Roosevelt

Great quote! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Lets see, I practice cage fighting as a hobby, I fight in submission wrestling events and I think rock crawling is one of the funnest things you can do. Im used to flying in the air whether it Im being thrown or jumping my jeeps. The crash didnt even phase me a bit. I have been in some really hairy rollovers in my rock crawlers with my head sittin around two inches from a sharp boulder sticking through my roof. Some people think I am nuts but Ive got to say that things like this remind me that I am alive and how much I enjoy life and how lucky of a person I really am. :thumbsup

I live by a interesting philosophy:

Wonderful quote, didn't know we had so much in common, I practice cage fighting as well,... been going at 33 years with Mrs. Bony:banana :willy :banana

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
You walked away and that's all that matters. You can replace the car and I'm sure you will but you can't replace you or your buddy. The authorities must have been like holy sh__, is that a GT when they got to the scene. You should get those CSI guys to help you with your lawsuit. I bet you weren't even shaken for this stuff happens so fast you don't have time to think. The aftermath was probably worse because you can digest what just happened.
I had a tank slapper (when the handle bars of a motorcycle start slapping the tank usually at high speed) once and never lost the bike out of pure luck, not skill. Got off the bike and basically wanted to puke once I thought about what almost just happened. Be well my friend...BD

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
Wonderful quote, didn't know we had so much in common, I practice cage fighting as well,... been going at 33 years with Mrs. Bony:banana :willy :banana

Now that is funny! :rofl

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
"I had a tank slapper (when the handle bars of a motorcycle start slapping the tank usually at high speed) once and never lost the bike out of pure luck, not skill." I've been there too Dan - same thing on a Z1100. Really scary. Horrid actually. That 'flick/flack' that the front wheel does - yikes. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

Cage fighting? I'm not sure quite what this entails. I once threw a small aviary at my butler - is that in the same area?