FORD GT Aluminum Extrusion

H

HHGT

Is someone here on the forum bidding on this? If so, I will not bid...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item1c1a9312ea

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I dont have one of these, but I will not bid if you are!! however if this is your second or third one (I know you like to have two or three of everything :)) and you feel compelled to allow me to bid, then I will, if not no biggy, as I am commisioning an artist to make one for me out of scrap metal, I wount know what it will look like until its here I will post pics when I get it.

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
I was hoping this was not going to show up on the forum, I am bidding on this, But these have gone for large money before.
I am looking to pay a resonable amount. If it exceeds what I am willing to pay I will post here saying I am out.
Mike

H

HHGT

I was hoping this was not going to show up on the forum, I am bidding on this, But these have gone for large money before.
I am looking to pay a resonable amount. If it exceeds what I am willing to pay I will post here saying I am out.
Mike

She's yours Mike....Good luck with the bid. Not going to compete with a forum brother.

BTW, I was going to get it for Soroush for his B'day...Oh well...Too bad...

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I saw that when it was listed and it had a BIN of 1000.00. :bored
I have to stop by Keith's place next time I am in Texas and distract him when I am in his office. I will get him laughing so hard he can't see by telling him I would look good on a Harley. :lol

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Happy bidding! Will have to be on the look out for another....

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
ok I wont bid against mike either

Sam you dont even know when my birthday is! :lol I would of believed you if you'd said Christmas:lol

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Is the ebay item any different than this vendors product?

http://www.fordgtbilletparts.com/2_pcBilletCar.html

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Is the ebay item any different than this vendors product?

http://www.fordgtbilletparts.com/2_pcBilletCar.html

Yes -

The originals were an extrusion that Ford had made and cut. John's (Pe2unia) are billet machined pieces.

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yes -

The originals were an extrusion that Ford had made and cut. John's (Pe2unia) are billet machined pieces.

That is correct Ralphie ours are machined billet replicas.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
That is correct Ralphie ours are machined billet replicas.

Hmmmmm, a kit then?

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Wow $790.00 already.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
There are a limited fixed number of the originals cut from the extrusion. John (Pe2unia) can machine an unlimited number - thus the originals will always be rarer. However, having seen both, I think John's are nicer.

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
OK I am out!

My top bid was $800, that was my line in the sand.
If anyone here wanted to bid on the item, I am out.

Thank you for the respect of not bidding against me.

This is a forum of true gentlemen.

Thank you
Mike

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
There are a limited fixed number of the originals cut from the extrusion. John (Pe2unia) can machine an unlimited number - thus the originals will always be rarer. However, having seen both, I think John's are nicer.

I agree Ralphie. John made two different models and I have one of each sitting on my desk as I type this. They are real works of art.

Chip

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
The price just keeps going up,hopefully a member will win it.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I agree Ralphie. John made two different models and I have one of each sitting on my desk as I type this. They are real works of art.

Chip

Thanks fellas!!! I just sent one out to George today and when I was boxing it up I had to wear my sunglasses.:cool :biggrin

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
I agree. I have both and the one John made is 100 times better looking. The original looks like the old folding aluminum lawn furniture while John's looks like something you would actually have INSIDE the house. KO

H

HHGT

What is the history on who was the brainchild behind the extrusion?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What is the history on who was the brainchild behind the extrusion?

Posted somewhere on an old thread. I believe the extrusion was a demostration piece made by the same company that make's the FGT frames and was given to people on the FGT development team.