FORD GT Aluminum Extrusion

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
It's been claimed that approximately 50 were done for the build team..........although they are not much to look at..........they are a memento of the chassis co.(Mayflower) in the build of the GT chassis.

I paid much more for it , but it was at a time when Ford and the other 2 were having a difficult time, and the money went to someone that had no job......(former build team member)...I thought it was a worthy cause at the time.

Gino

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
The person at the company that did the extrusions posted on here a while back. He said that over 300+ were made and given out. The 50 number is bogus. The cars came with the GT insert in either silver, blue or red anodized.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have a guy that will sell me one and also will include one of the black dealer books with the yellow car on the front that is still in the box. He wants $1700. I kinda giggled when he said that. I think im gonna order one of Johns instead.

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Not having seen one of these in person - are the machined versions identical in appearance to the extruded versions?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Not having seen one of these in person - are the machined versions identical in appearance to the extruded versions?

KMC,

They are very close but not exact. The machined version is better looking but it looks like a billet machined piece. The extruded version is the same size with a very subtle shape difference that was sawed into sections from two very long pieces.

Chip

Chip