California

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed's new Raptor

Ed, I can't believe you got a Raptor!

Awesome! I've been missing a 4WD vehicle ever since selling my LR3 and getting the Sprinter.

The Raptor would be perfect. The 6.2L should be an interesting option as well.

Enjoy!!! Looking forward to pics!

Syco - I ordered a white one with no graphics, all options but with 5.4L. It should be here in March sometime. The 6.2L Raptors will be delivered in the spring. Get one also & we'll plan some desert events! Mojave Mile in the dirt!

Ed

Attachments

• ss_raptorbaja_wall.jpg
    ss_raptorbaja_wall.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 247

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Syco - I ordered a white one with no graphics, all options but with 5.4L. It should be here in March sometime. The 6.2L Raptors will be delivered in the spring. Get one also & we'll plan some desert events! Mojave Mile in the dirt!

Ed

Baja 1000? Haha.

I like the CG design house that made the above Raptor image, which is likely a composite, but still very cool.

Here are some mustang shots from their site:

http://www.seventhstreetstudio.com/simplecg/382/2010-mustang-wallpaper-design-exploration

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Raptor for Triheart7

I heard through the Ford grapevine that Triheart7 picked up his new orange Raptor today!

Ed

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hi Ed.

Took it to Auburn this morning, so I could get in a long run/walk. Good excuse to drive on a little dirt. Very cool truck!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
P1000430.jpg

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
P1000429.jpg

Aug 25, 2006
Your gal looks wonderful Triheart7

BTW I chatted with Ed today; he and his sweetie are in Chi Town however his Raptor awaits his arrival back home.

He is excited as Evan is about add a few cool personal touch tweaks to her.

All the best

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, ha, after I'm done with Special Ed in the Windy, he may not be coming back, or, at the very least, not come back the same. BTW, sub-zero temps the entire time he's here.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Thanks Bill, The Raptor drive is amazing. I replaced my mustang GT as my daily driver. Ed said he will use his Raptor as his daily driver as well. I might do a clear Bra at some time.

Frank, you will have to ask Special Ed why he keeps going with slower white vehicles.

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks Bill, The Raptor drive is amazing. I replaced my mustang GT as my daily driver. Ed said he will use his Raptor as his daily driver as well. I might do a clear Bra at some time.

Frank, you will have to ask Special Ed why he keeps going with slower white vehicles.

You are welcome and IMO well deserved; now I want to see her.

As for Ed; he told me that Frank had special plans for him and his sweetie while in Chi Town so I will wait for his report.

Takes care

Shadowman

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Bill,
I can drop buy sometime soon to let you get a view.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Looks like Special Ed lucks out. Teens at night , mid-20's during the day. Cold stuff stayed in Iowa.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed visits Chicago & Dr F + Driveby - also Raptor!

Thanks Dr F & Driveby for hanging out with my wife & I while we were in Chicago last night. We had fun!

Ed

PS Here are a few photos of my brand new Raptor taken today. I had a clear bra placed on most of the truck but a flat black bra on the hood.

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1442.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 177

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Nice truck Ed. Nice to have you here. Enjoyed your company and look forward to next year. See you in VA.

Aug 25, 2006
She looks wonderful; I am glad that you are happy

Shadowman

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Looks great Ed. I like the matt black bra on the hood. I was thinking about similar on the molten Orange. Not sure if that would work or not.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
how is the raptor as a daily driver? ride, mpg, road noise, etc?

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
how is the raptor as a daily driver? ride, mpg, road noise, etc?

I have been commuting to work, going on my second week and I love it. It drove smooth and comfortably. I have not driven it "normally" enough to figure a true gas mileage. I got 11.5 MPG on my first tank, but I have been driving it pretty "firmly'. I went up into the snow on highway 80 Friday night (Sierras) and it drove wonderfully.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Raptor as daily driver

Like Triheart, I am using the Raptor as my daily driver 90% of the time. I have a very short commute (15 min) but it is quiet & smooth on the road. It gets a lot of looks when I drive it. I drove over a big speed bump at 50 mph & never felt it!

Ed

PS Triheart - I think the flat black bra on your hood would be too cool. I had to have the inside of the hood vents painted though. Shadowman took care of both of these for me - of course.