For the newbies

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Oh yes young Jeff .Belts are a good thing !! If you track your car .I did get that nice harness bar strap and 5 point belts that has gt40 concept on it .But I don't remember from who ? Maybe cobra (forum name)

http://www.fordgtparts.com/servlet/the-11/GT-Competition-Belt-Set/Detail

Are these the ones? :confused

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Thanks for the longer "to do list" Rocketman! The GT will be getting a Stillen Clutch installed next week. Can't wait to see how it performs at VIR...along with CF Aero Kit and another surprise!

BTW - a few other 'safety' recommendations...especially if you're racing...
1. Halon Fire Suppression - available through Shadowman or Cooltech (slightly different designs)
2. Safecraft Fire Extinguisher - mount available for passenger seat bracket or tunnel mount

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Yes !! They have the harness bar and the utility tray too

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
I put a transbreather kit on which eliminates gearbox oil coming out of the breather for the gearbox. Looks cool and also keeps engine oil free.

Tony H

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX

Had these installed in my car too.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
roketman or anyone else: In addition to the Stillen splash guards, how about the Stillen longer diffusers and front air splitter? ANyone have experience with them? I kinda like the way they look.

PK

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
In addition to the Stillen splash guards, how about the Stillen longer diffusers and front air splitter? ANyone have experience with them? I kinda like the way they look.

PK
Here is a picture of the Stillen diffusers fitted with the Accufab exhaust; this was before the GT Guy Vintage exhaust system was installed.
IMHO it looks better with the GT Guy system, I like it.
Also have the Stillen front splitter, but have not installed it as of yet, still working on how to reinforce it so as not to have excessive deflection at speed.
Hope this is of some help.

Attachments

• RearSideView.jpg
    RearSideView.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 185

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have a some stillen rear diffusers for sale if you decide to go with them

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have a some stillen rear diffusers for sale if you decide to go with them

I'm interested in some of the diffusers (either Stillen or OEM)... Been trying X2 and they say they have none...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Cantwell's Stillen front splitter came off at high speed and he drove over it. Make sure they are attached very firmly.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Here’s a good post for new 2005/2006 GT owners

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
For all the new owners, welcome to the greatest forum, for the greatest car ever to be built. And for you owners of the 05/06 beauties, make sure you get your replacement power steering hose. Only available from Rich Roback (me) or Rich Brooks (GT Garage). They are going fast and once they are gone, they are gone forever.

Reactions: Johntpr

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Rocketman, you suggested replacing the stock muffler because of weight and being too quiet (I agree about being too quiet)! Looking for recommendations for replacement for a medium to loud muffler? Ballpark cost? THANKS!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Rocketman, you suggested replacing the stock muffler because of weight and being too quiet (I agree about being too quiet)! Looking for recommendations for replacement for a medium to loud muffler? Ballpark cost? THANKS!
I just installed Accufab x pipes on 2 GTs a week ago. The sound is fantastic without being obnoxious. I think they are north of $1,800 now . Installation costs depends on who does it.

Reactions: GTinTN

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I just installed Accufab x pipes on 2 GTs a week ago. The sound is fantastic without being obnoxious. I think they are north of $1,800 now . Installation costs depends on who does it.

Rich Brooks installed an Accufab X-pipe on my Quick Silver in October. I was concerned about it possibly being too loud, waking up the neighborhood, possibly drone. Neither, not at all. The sound level is perfect to me. Sounds the way a car like this should sound. It was around $1,800 but I don't recall install $.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have the Gtguys xpipe. Perfect sound, no drone
But there are some great x pipes out there. Heffner has a great one too

Reactions: extrap and RPM217

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN