Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
What does it say? Won't let me access the thread.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I just realized its in the F-chat restricted "Silver subscribed" section. It's a posting and picture of the Hawaiian Heritage FGT with the F ENZO plates. Guys got no sense of humor over there.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Better not show 'em my license plate (hint: it's the same as my user name).

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Ferrari is a auto-celibacy cult

They don't drive their cars

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Then a Ferrari would be the perfect car for EP.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
No predujice please. A lot of people value their F or L cars for driving. But I also think its natural that some people buy them as an investment, simply because of their increasing market value. Increase in Ford GT value is still too low for the investment guys, so you'll find 100% addicted driving freaks here on the Forum :)

My opinion is simple, those who can afford something are the ones that decide what is being done with it. No matter if it is being a sculpture in the living room or hardly beaten on the track/autobahn.

Matthias

Last edited:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
What does it say? Won't let me access the thread.

They're ranting about how we're all nobody's

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Then a Ferrari would be the perfect car for EP.

I'm laughing...... true, but his wallet is to tight and you would have to open it with a crow bar...

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
F & L cars don't appreciate for the most part. Only a handful of the models throughout their respective histories actually do go up in value, but nothing that's been made in the past few years.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
You are totally right. Might have something to do with ramping up the production numbers.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

True only in the USA. They are dd in the rest of the world.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I love the gt. Dont get me wrong.................... but I just purchased a 458 and that is a serious car. Maybe the most complete car I have ever driven. Sound, speed, technology, exotic look etc...

I am on my second Ferrari and I drove my first one quite a bit. I am driving the 458 and not watching it rot away. I belong to the local Ferrari club and most of the members drive their cars. They love the Ford GT whenever it comes out as well. Good group.

In my opinion, a lof to the Ferrari sterotyping is just that, a sterotype. My personal experience with Ferrari owners has been much different.

Lastly, people buy their cars for so many different reasons. To drive, to invest, to brag, to gain status, to get women, to whatever. I think you write the check you get to do whatever with the car.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Amen brother :)

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Now to finally add something totally different, I love these threads where people show all the attention to the details when restoring old cars, like this one:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/206-246/404390-06450-chaires-flares.html

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
I love the gt. Dont get me wrong.................... but I just purchased a 458 and that is a serious car. Maybe the most complete car I have ever driven. Sound, speed, technology, exotic look etc...

I am on my second Ferrari and I drove my first one quite a bit. I am driving the 458 and not watching it rot away. I belong to the local Ferrari club and most of the members drive their cars. They love the Ford GT whenever it comes out as well. Good group.

In my opinion, a lof to the Ferrari sterotyping is just that, a sterotype. My personal experience with Ferrari owners has been much different.

Lastly, people buy their cars for so many different reasons. To drive, to invest, to brag, to gain status, to get women, to whatever. I think you write the check you get to do whatever with the car.

+1. Long time Fcar owner. Love driving current one and GT immensely. I must say that thought the GT is incredibly drivable, many who profess same have 800 miles on their 7 year old cars.

For the OP, it does seem that saying "F Enzo" might be a tad harsh for a pretty revered, deceased automotive legend. Imagine if the same were said about Carroll Shelby. Blasphemy.

In the end, we're all car folks, fascinated with performance, design, heritage and flat-out fun.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FerrariChat, as a general rule, doesn't have much of a sense of humor. I'd bet 75%+ of the members don't own a Ferrari. 458 is a great car, but when I drive my old man's, I'll admit I slink in the seat a bit. I don't begrudge Ferrari people their religious level devotion to the brand, but I do find it amusing.

post-24893-1282495521.jpg

post-295-1250962600.jpg

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Ferrari chat can not compare to this forum.............................. thats a whole different story.

Love the pics............... HAHAHA

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Jeebus H. Christ. Was there a testicle recall that I am unaware of? Or was it a voluntary capitulation? I don't know what was written but I can imagine.

If anyone gets their panties in a twist over "F ENZO" they should immediately change their lic to "La EUNUCH". People are scouring life for opportunities to be offended, what a shame.

FNZO.jpg

[video=youtube;4uzMVqeNHXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uzMVqeNHXo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Hey guys. You are all a bunch of jealous wankers. Ever since I started driving Ferraris it has opened up a whole new life for me. Pointy shoes , linen jackets--the works. Or, sometimes, as you will see from the pics--sans shirt.

I am feeling it, baby, and it is a stone cold gas. Moving to Vegas June1. Vegas, baby.

Attachments

• ferrari-guy-1.jpeg
    ferrari-guy-1.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 422