Floor Mats

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
As I stated I recently removed my perfect-condition OEM mats and placed ExotiCARe's mats in. They fit and look great. The only thing I wish, now in hindsight after reading this thread, is that they were bigger enough to protect the painted surfaces. However, I'm thinking that might look weird ... kinda like one of those old car bras: What's the point of having a beautiful painted surface on the front of the car if it's just going to be hidden by a bra.

Reactions: Cadster and jaxgt

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd probably not cover the painted surfaces as the bottom of the mat would be abrasive on the paint. I would have to see what the bottom looked like. Coco-mat would be like sandpaper.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'd probably not cover the painted surfaces as the bottom of the mat would be abrasive on the paint. I would have to see what the bottom looked like. Coco-mat would be like sandpaper.

Nope. Your "probably" is not a correct guess for my mats. There are no scratches under my Lloyd Ultimat mats which have a soft rubber surface after 15K miles, but as you stated, it will depend on the bottom surface of the mats you buy.

Last edited:

Tom D.

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ve noticed on the oem mats the foam backing is separating from the rubber facing part creating a sticky goo from the adhesive . Strangely, only passenger mat has this problem. Driver side mat is holding together well and easy to remove.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ve noticed on the oem mats the foam backing is separating from the rubber facing part creating a sticky goo from the adhesive . Strangely, only passenger mat has this problem. Driver side mat is holding together well and easy to remove.
From my perspective it’s a matter of time before the other starts to leak. Worse thing you want is that glue to seep on the floor boards. I cleaned/sealed mine in plastic and store inside the house. The Florida summer heat adversely accelerates the leaking of the glue.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I spent many hours cleaning up sticky glue from my mats and floor boards before removing them and putting them in storage. Definitely remove them before it's a huge mess

Reactions: Cadster

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Guys I have a set of original rubber mats from my '06 with about 200 miles on them. I replace them w/ carpet mats and stored these away back in '06. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• 20201019_202232.jpg
    20201019_202232.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Guys I have a set of original rubber mats from my '06 with about 200 miles on them. I replace them w/ carpet mats and stored these away back in '06. PM me if interested.

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like these are unobtanium, and you're a lil loco to not keep them with your car o_O ... but to each their own so good luck! (y)

Reactions: Cadster

kiko1

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2020
Miami, FL

I'd be interested. pm me or miamijdm@gmail.com is my email. Thank you