dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il

Thanks Torrie...I can't wait until your GT arrive in my garage. :rofl

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Torrie, what hp are you running in your stock block car?

ford.f1

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2009
Have somebody experience with the alternativeauto fordgt-package pulley and snout !

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
f1, you don't need to change the snout, just the pulley. There is the Ford Racing pulley, everything in one kit (you get it, call Ford, they send you the programer to reset the tune), or, most often used, Heffner pulley and tune, probably the most popular. Again a complete, tried and tested kit from Jason Heffner in Florida that will make your car purr. Kenny Bell offered a snout change that seems to leak and thus repair.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Have somebody experience with the alternativeauto fordgt-package pulley and snout !

No experience with them or the Kenny Bell snout that they use. However some on this board have experienced oil leaks with the Bell unit. Personally, I would just go pulley and tune, Whipple, or TT and skip the snout. It adds expense with it's only virtue of using smaller and easier to change pulleys. I am not a big fan of over driving the stock blower beyond what a Heffner sized pulley would do and how often would you want to change the pulley?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Frank you beat me too it. Don't you have a day job? Some slides to look at?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm in-between tasks. Since Bony's stool specimen is considered toxic waste, I have a few minutes on my hands (and no poop, thanks to Uncle Sam).

ford.f1

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2009
But it is very comfortable it is not necessary of extracting OEM Puley.Today I have installed the test Cats FRPP M-5230-GTX nice work and a lot of screws!:thumbsup

Last edited:

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Torrie will definitely be tuning my car :thumbsup I will do the modifications to my car and then he will send me tunes based on the mods I have made.

:banana

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
See the F.A.Q.'s

I posted the installation instructions for the Ford Power Upgrade Kit (M-2005-GT) in the FAQ's...

My mechanic at Ford (MossyFord, San Diego) had no problems installing it.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=171558&postcount=2

ford.f1

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2009
I have test today the GT with the test pipes FRPP M5230-GTX and the exhaust FRPP M-5230-GT, when I open the engine bonnet I noticed that there is very much less heat inside into the engine compartment!. The sound and the performance is perfect!. Next step Tuning the Pulley, I’m not sure take the FRPP ore third tuner! I will wait for the new SCT programmer Touch with wireless looks good. My objective is 700 RWHP driveable, I don’t drive only Autobahns, I prefer Landstrasse!, more Fun!, I thing that is OK without Electronic tractions mimics!In the Ford Racing catalogue describe it the FRPP Supercharger Upgrade Kit with 100 HP more, some non official tuner say that is not 100 RWHP !? And when you order this kit, you must ordered with your chassis number !!??. You fell the difference Ralphi!.

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
You need to find someone you trust in regards to tuning and stick with that person. You can ask 15 people that same question and get 15 answers.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
ford.f1 -

I have both the Power Upgrade kit (M-2005-GT) and the FRPP (Borla) Rear Exit Headers (M-9430-GTX) exhaust system, the latter being installed about a year before the upgrade kit. Truthfully, I never felt any tremendous power increase, although I am sure there must have been one. I have never had the car on a dynomometer, but others with this configuration have reported between 602-620 RWHP, So I assume I'm in the same range. Given the engine and transmission losses, I would assme that this combination is good for about 110-140 BHP increase from the engine - slightly less than the claims of FRPP, yet within the allowable range for advertising.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
If you want to do a mail order tune, I would definitely pick Torrie for about a million different reasons.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
If you want to do a mail order tune, I would definitely pick Torrie for about a million different reasons.

Ahh your too kind I also do some fine on site dyno work and travel anywhere to accommodate my customer base.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ford.F1
Without question our site sponsors can save you time and money and help you get it done right the first time.
Good luck
Bony

ford.f1

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2009
I want to inform myself before acting = information before Action!, I like the original FRPP Kit M-2005-GT because the Factory keep it in the secure side, but on the other hand I like the programmer SCT Touch screen that at the same time you can use as diagnostic tool and independent!. Somebody knows the size of the pulley of the original kit M-2005-GT! By the way , Hey Ralphi you don’t fell 60 HP more??:ack:confused