Fixer Upper In Texas

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
The Texas ad is one ad away from the Washington car.

Actually, it was white with orange stripes. Evidently was wrecked a couple years back & redone into that configuration. 'Rear mesh area was painted white...ditto the wheels...ditto the origional 'black' inside the headlites, and so on.

It was 'different'.

Thanks E P ! It was different sounds like and understatement !

H

HHGT

Actually, it was white with orange stripes. Evidently was wrecked a couple years back & redone into that configuration. 'Rear mesh area was painted white...ditto the wheels...ditto the origional 'black' inside the headlites, and so on.

It was 'different'.

Hey Pockets, didn't you tell me you saw that car in front of the Wynn Las Vegas during a vacation and ran into the owner at dinner?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey Pockets, didn't you tell me you saw that car in front of the Wynn Las Vegas during a vacation and ran into the owner at dinner?

I don't believe that's exactly the scenario I described, HH! (However, I wouldn't cast aside the possibility that one or more of the gents at that table could have at least been an 'acquaintance' of his! :biggrin)

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
if i had the extra money id buy it and drive it everyday!

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
The Texas ad is one ad away from the Washington car.

It was 'different'.

I think I saw this same car for sale before :eek

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
if i had the extra money id buy it and drive it everyday!

I love gts and love driving them even more, but even I wouldnt want this car! I have seen it up close it was in pretty bad shape before it was wrecked!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I waited in the wings for a couple years before joining the club and I have been astonished just how many seriously wrecked cars there are out there.

Is there a way to find out how many titles have gone "salvaged"?

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
I love gts and love driving them even more, but even I wouldnt want this car! I have seen it up close it was in pretty bad shape before it was wrecked!

oh i know. but i am a poor 20 something and GT > no GT. :cheers

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Where the "orange car" was exposed to all of us at Cars and Coffee, in Irvine at Rally 2. It was WHITE as described (EVERYTHING grills screens, diffuser, wipers, wheels, EVERYTHING) with orange stripes. There was quite a dabate about this car back a while ago.....

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
oh i know. but i am a poor 20 something and GT > no GT. :cheers

I would imagine lots of people on this site started out as a poor 20 something :wink
myself included

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Starting my next 1000 posts ---

Where the "orange car" was exposed to all of us at Cars and Coffee, in Irvine at Rally 2. It was WHITE as described (EVERYTHING grills screens, diffuser, wipers, wheels, EVERYTHING) with orange stripes. There was quite a dabate about this car back a while ago.....

The infamous "Orange" Ford GT, at Cars & Coffee during Rally II -

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Thanks Ralphie, I just hurled my breakfast. :bored

I hope this car is never resurrected. I'll bet if someone fixed it to race it, it would just get rear-ended...AGAIN!:ack

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Wow Ralphie - You just answered my "what orange and white" car ! That's horrible looking !

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

tragic!

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
i like that website. a whipple heritage just went up. they say the ACV is $550,000. ha!
http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch...e1s1&lotId=16577829&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thanks Ralphie, I looked through my pix to see if I had one, but did not. But 2 years later, the car still evokes the same reaction....

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
This Heritage on Copart was listed at Kruse Auction, Fort Lauderdale, FL January 4, 2008 with 1600 miles and a no sale at $200K. :eek

This is what the car looked like back then. Looked a lot better at that point in time. :frown

Magic

Attachments

• Ford GT at Kruse.php.jpg
    Ford GT at Kruse.php.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 83

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It is always shocking to see how many cars are getting wrecked. As bad as the white/orange car is, it shows how the lines are still spectacular, even with ugly paint.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
This Heritage on Copart was listed at Kruse Auction, Fort Lauderdale, FL January 4, 2008 with 1600 miles and a no sale at $200K. :eek

This is what the car looked like back then. Looked a lot better at that point in time. :frown

Magic
I am pretty sure that Heritage was owned by P.P.R.....although I am not sure if they sold it before it was wrecked.