First Time Rally Attendee - What to expect

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Probably start off either in The Woodlands or Magnolia and then maybe off to the "Hill Country" around Fredericksburg or Bourne. Previously had spent almost 4 years in your neck of the "woods".

Magic

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Magic,

I live 30 mins from the Woodlands in the Kingwood area. I am moving to Lake Travis in Austin in 2-3 years when the son is gone to college. When your in town let us know. Good active group here in Houston. Just DO NOT let Soroush or Sanjay talk you into any mods!!!!!:willy:willy

Larry

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Expect to see me whip out.

SuberB, I don't know exactly what you have in mind but please wait until we have had a few drinks first.:confused

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Is there a list of scheduled activities or events (times and places) for the ralley posted anywhere on the site?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jamie, Tuesday night "ChipBeck" dinner at Vinnie's, Wed and Thurs at VIR. Friday will probably dinner and auction at the Umstead. No other agenda yet

BigBrain

GT Owner
Aug 26, 2010
Central Maryland
I am looking to attend next year with my wife. We will each be bringing a car. Not that I ever intend on tearing up a car (ever), but does the track require you to sign a waiver negating your car insurance? Most quarter-mile tracks require this in Maryland.

Also, from some of the pictures, it looks like some of the dinners are semi-formal. Please advise.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Semi-formal? You must be kidding. The very first dinner, sponsored by Ford in their exposition center, was a little different cause we didn't know quite what to expect. Pretty much everything is just jeans and a golf shirt. We can't help it that some of the women like to dress up, sometimes. I'll post a few pictures later.

Attachments

• DSC00084.jpg
    DSC00084.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Bringing someone else's wife might make it more more interesting!:wink
After all, variety is the..........never mind:biggrin