Finally Own FGT

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Glad it worked out. I told you I had a good feeling about that car. Welcome to the group and glad to have been a help in your GT search!
What, you mean you couldn't sell him a car Shelby? You gettin' rusty in your old age man? :)

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Welcome to the club and to one of the best cars ever built...

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
What happened in Canada

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
See post "$1,250 & Sore Thumb"

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
What, you mean you couldn't sell him a car Shelby? You gettin' rusty in your old age man? :)

To be quite honest, he called me and inquired about two cars I had and he was seriously considering one, but I knew it wasn't exactly what he was looking for. So happens, I had just run across one that was exactly what he wanted. I told him about it and where it was, And..., well...., you see where it ended up. I'm very happy he got what he was looking for. It's not always about selling him one of my cars. Regardless what some others may say, I am not only in this for the money. I have pointed many people on here to purchase cars that have nothing to do with me.

Enjoy your car. I knew it was a good one when I saw it. I would have purchased it myself, but figured I would pass the buck on this one... ;)

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
that was nice of u ,Shelby .

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Nice, Shelby - "A friend in need, is a friend indeed"

Origin:
A version of this proverb was known by the 3rd century BC. Quintus Ennius wrote: 'Amicu certus in re incerta cernitur'. This translates from the Latin as 'a sure friend is known when in difficulty'.

The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations lists it as existing in English from the 11th century. The earliest version I can find is from Caxton's Sonnes of Aymon, 1489:

"It is sayd, that at the nede the frende is knowen."

Brngt

GT Owner
Oct 6, 2013
Congrats

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
Congrats on your purchase, Shelby is an awesome guy and a selfless club member!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
10 minutes into the PPI, I could tell this was the perfect car for Kirk. After spending much time on the phone with him, I pretty much knew what he was looking for. This car was it. After his huge let down on the Canadian car he looked at, I was glad he found this one. I've done inspections on GTs with less than half of the miles on this car, that were no where near as clean and perfect. I was only able to find a few minor issues.
Now, if I can convince him to DRIVE it. LOL :thumbsup:thumbsup

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
To be quite honest, he called me and inquired about two cars I had and he was seriously considering one, but I knew it wasn't exactly what he was looking for. So happens, I had just run across one that was exactly what he wanted. I told him about it and where it was, And..., well...., you see where it ended up. I'm very happy he got what he was looking for. It's not always about selling him one of my cars. Regardless what some others may say, I am not only in this for the money. I have pointed many people on here to purchase cars that have nothing to do with me.

Enjoy your car. I knew it was a good one when I saw it. I would have purchased it myself, but figured I would pass the buck on this one... ;)
You da man Shelby!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Partssmann, Beautiful automobile! and what part of green grass Arizona are you from?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Welcome!
Play gentle till you have some seat time.
Best,
Mark

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Stripe delete clarification

Welcome partssmann -

Congratulations on your GT find, and welcome to the group. Point of clarification on your stripes, however - your GT is NOT a "Stripe Delete" car. Stripe delete GTs have no stripes at all on them, in other words, no painted racing stripes over the top, AND no vinyl stripes on the side. The "standard" build has the vinyl stripes on the side as "standard equipment"; the painted tracing stripes over the top were an "option"; but the "standard equipment" side stripes could be "deleted".

THIS is what a true "Stripe Delete" GT looks like: (no stripes on top or side)
5-0420.jpg

and here are the other two alternatives - "Standard Side Stripes".......................................... and "Optional Racing Stripes"
5-0721.jpg 6-0590.jpg

I've seen other people describe GTs with no racing stripes as "Stripe Delete" cars, too - technically, that's not correct, it has to have no stripes at all (top or side) to really be a "Stripe Delete" car.

Hope you get many miles of enjoyment out of your like-new GT!

regards,

Jeff

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks for all the support and info guys. I almost gave up on finding the right FGT for me. It is killing me waiting for the right transporter to get the car to me. I feel like a 16 year old kid waiting to get his first car.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Passport Transport has always done a good job for me.
Mark

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Congratulations partssmann

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thanks for all the support and info guys. I almost gave up on finding the right FGT for me. It is killing me waiting for the right transporter to get the car to me. I feel like a 16 year old kid waiting to get his first car.
I'm surprised you can sleep!

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
You gotta do the -FORD GT- logo on the calipers. It brings them out nicely.
- Where can I get the red seatbelts for my GT ? Anyone has done this upgrade ?