FGT Rally 10 - The Largest Ford GT Gathering of All-Time

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
My sincere sympathies, sir.

'Dealing with much the same situation regarding my father-in-law right now. 'Know exactly where your head is...

Praying for the best for your family. People can't believe all that I've been dealing with this year, but my attitude is "That's Life." The way we deal with all the changes and stress is what is important. You can't control circumstances, but you can control how you deal with them. I am blessed!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Spot on Tim. Life's altitude is powered by attitude. Looking forward to seeing you again. You have been missed.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Welcome back, Tim - nice to see your posts again!!
But, it'll be great to see you at the Rally!!! Will you be bringing Garrett along?

WE WANT GARRETT!
WE WANT GARRETT!

Tim tell him to just take some vacation days....

Don't hang with any one person for too long. For example, if you hang with Ralphie for too long, you may end up sharing a hotel sofa with him.

LOL!

Great line Gary. And Ralphie you know we love you!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Tim, it will be great to see you. Sorry for your loss.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I am sorry for your loss Tim. Selfishly though, I am stoked that we will get to enjoy you and Kim's company at the Rally. See you then and all the best.

Vince H

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
DBK I'll also make myself available So you can put me down as Ford GT Data Coordinator & Matech GT1 design team,
see u then

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
never been to one any pointers

We already have a lot in common based on the cars in your stable... Cant wait to meet ya.. Last fall I went to my first Rally, let me just say that it is an incredible family, you will fit right in... Eric

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Hope you don't think I'm pestering you Dave, but we are only 2 weeks away from Rally 10 and we still haven't seen a daily or hourly agenda. I and a few others are attempting to coordinate having the ClearPlex and other things installed sometime during the Rally or the day before/after the Rally. If you don't have the final version of the agenda done, could we at least get the 90 percent solution? It doesn't matter if you need to later switch the guest speakers around, but it would be nice to know what day(s) we will need to keep our FGTs handy for a cruise or whatever or what day(s) the car can be worked on during the Rally.

DBK, can you help?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Jer - not pestering! I typically do not post a specific agenda in the run up to the event online because anyone with the Internet can then access it, which could be problematic. Probably just paranoia on my part. Also, because of some of the things going on at the event on Ford's end, it's difficult to give exact times right now. I will post a breakdown tonight, but I'm just going to have to say the events on Thursday and Friday may end up somewhat interchangeable, and all times are approximate. The biggest gap in activities will be Wednesday between ~ 1PM and 6PM.

Tuesday Evening - Welcome Reception
Wednesday AM - (~9 AM - 1PM)
  • Ford WHQ FGT National Rally Car Show
Wednesday PM - (~6 PM - 9 PM)
  • The Henry Ford Museum Private Rental
    • Reception - The Prechter Promenade
    • Ford GT Team Discussion Panel - The Anderson Theater
    • Strolling Dinner & Team Reunion - Driving America Exhibit
Thursday AM - (~10 AM -1 PM)
  • Ford Product Development Center
    • 2017 Ford GT Design Showcase
      • Raj Nair, GVP Global Product Development & Chief Technical Officer, will address the group between 11-12.
      • Chris Svensson, Design Director, The Americas, and Amko Leenarts, Ford Global Director, Interior Design on hand to discuss.
Thursday afternoon - (~2 PM - 5 PM)
  • Ford Dearborn Development Center
    • Facility Tours & DDC Experience
Thursday PM - (~8:00 PM)
  • Ford GT Chief Designer Camilo Pardo Detroit Studio Party

Friday Day - (~ 10 AM - 3:00 PM)
  • Road Drive and Vehicle Collection Tour

Friday PM (~6 PM - 9 PM)
  • Ford Conference & Events Center
    • Ford GT Owner & FMC GT Team Reception

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Thanks Dave. What's the dress code for these events? Do I need to bring a Sport Coat or is it all casual? Down here in FL near the beach all we wear is shorts and T-shirts to all events. No coat and ties near the beach.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thanks Dave. What's the dress code for these events? Do I need to bring a Sport Coat or is it all casual? Down here in FL near the beach all we wear is shorts and T-shirts to all events. No coat and ties near the beach.

The Henry Ford and the Ford Conference & Events center are both nice venues, but there is no dress code. Wear whatever you like. Of course, as is my custom, I will be dressed in elaborate finery at all functions.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...-Pics-and-Vids?p=379699&viewfull=1#post379699

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/27603-Rally-8-Pics?p=347646&viewfull=1#post347646

(Search can be your friend!)

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Are we doing the Ford Rouge Factory Tour also Dave. I would like my kids to see it.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Of course, as is my custom, I will be dressed in elaborate finery at all functions.

So your plush cotton bathrobe will be monogrammed this year?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Dress code at the closing dinner gala for the F and F boys. Or is it gayla? Bromance for sure. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Just ensure your name tag lanyard is turned out properly and all will be well.

5D3_5655.jpg

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Of course, as is my custom, I will be dressed in elaborate finery at all functions.

Since the precedent has been set, Dave I expect to see you in your white tux!:rofl

And thanks for the itinerary.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Wife and I are towing with our Motorhome. Will be staying in it. Anyone know of close by RV parks? Is there an agenda available?

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Post #29 in this thread has a tentative agenda.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
10 Years After

Gentlemen,

As the days tick down to Rally 10 and I occupy myself servicing the Trailex, changing the oil in my new F-150, and detailing #34, I find myself thinking back to our first gathering 10 years ago. Meeting Bony for the first time, Frank, Chris, MJ, Terry, and so many others who have become good friends over the last decade. I remember being surprised at how young DBK was, and how difficult it was to get a read on him. I remember feeling like everybody at Rally 1 knew each other so well and how I felt like an outsider. I smile remembering how my then 12 year old son Charley was wide eyed trying to take it all in. The incredible sight and sound of a hundred Ford GT's in formation heading to each event. But most of all I remember the raw enthusiasm, passion, good humor, and fellowship of Forum members at that very first gathering of the faithful. That first Rally was the genesis of a worldwide brotherhood that continues to this day. If this is your first Rally, you are in for a real treat. And if, like I did, you feel a bit like an outsider at your first event, come find me. You won't feel that way for long. See you soon!

Chip

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Yeah....what he said!:agree: