Favorite GT Quote

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I had some long plane trips this week, and I took along some historical articles/reviews I had pulled from the net to read about my "new" car. (about 300 pages worth)

I think my favorite quote ( which I am sure you all are familiar with) was in an Automobile Magazine comparison awhile back. In comparing the looks of a Murcielago, Mercedes McLaren and GT it was said:

"In sum, the Italian car looks German, the German car looks Italian, and the Ford makes the dead rise up and walk again."

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
mine was posted here a while ago and was not written by a fancy automotive journalist but rather by one of our own patrons, so here is the conversation that took place:

guy driving a gt pulls up to red light, guy in the car next to him says

"Maaaaan what is that?"

its a ford!

"Maaaan what kind of fooord is that?

"ITS THE FASTEST MOTH** FU***ING FORD YOU'LL EVER SEE!"

I agree not very polished but gets right to the point.:biggrin

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
mine was posted here a while ago and was not written by a fancy automotive journalist but rather by one of our own patrons, so here is the conversation that took place:

guy driving a gt pulls up to red light, guy in the car next to him says

"Maaaaan what is that?"

its a ford!

"Maaaan what kind of fooord is that?

"ITS THE FASTEST MOTH** FU***ING FORD YOU'LL EVER SEE!"

I agree not very polished but gets right to the point.:biggrin

:biggrin:lol:banana

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Driving a GT, Guy pulls up to me with his girlfriend beside me. He says, man is that the new Lamborghini?? I point down out the window towards the sticker in the corner of the door and say yeah, it's their new model, the FORD GT - hahaha! Pulled away laughing...:rofl:rofl

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
So the guys girlfriend didn't get in the GT for a "pleasure" ride?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"In sum, the Italian car looks German, the German car looks Italian, and the Ford makes the dead rise up and walk again."

YES!!!!! Right on!

'Has been my favorite since I first read it about 4(?) years ago! :thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
Car Show

About a year ago I had the GT entered in a local car show and guy walked up and asked me "What kind of car is that?" I replied "It's a FORD".

He looked at the car again, then turned back to me and said "ARE YOU SURE?"

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
About a year ago I had the GT entered in a local car show and guy walked up and asked me "What kind of car is that?" I replied "It's a FORD".

He looked at the car again, then turned back to me and said "ARE YOU SURE?"

In the mid 90s a friend and I took our Vipers to a car show. A guy came up to us and looking at the bumper asked , "so what kind of Dodge Viper RT10 is that?"--Darwinism

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
In the mid 90s a friend and I took our Vipers to a car show. A guy came up to us and looking at the bumper asked , "so what kind of Dodge Viper RT10 is that?"--Darwinism

Wait 'til you go to your local Ford dealer & ask the parts counter guy for this or that, "for a 2006(05) Ford GT", and he asks you if your Mustang is a stick or automatic. :frown:frown:frown

I've mentioned 100 times that sorta stuff is wunna the main reasons I wish Ford had called the car the "GT44". 'Sure wudda nipped all the "mustang?" crapola in the bud right from the get-go...:rolleyes

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
wait 'til you go to your local ford dealer & ask the parts counter guy for this or that, "for a 2006(05) ford gt", and he asks you if your mustang is a stick or automatic. :frown:frown:frown

i've mentioned 100 times that sorta stuff is wunna the main reasons i wish ford had called the car the "gt44". 'sure wudda nipped all the "mustang?" crapola in the bud right from the get-go...:rolleyes

+100

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia

I guess all it took was money and Ford did not like being taken advantage of. It does not seem to stop kitcar companies from using GT40--maybe they cut a better deal or are just using it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I guess all it took was money and Ford did not like being taken advantage of. It does not seem to stop kitcar companies from using GT40--maybe they cut a better deal or are just using it.

Ford wouldn't have had to pay anything to go with GT44, drummer. :wink

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I was looking at a cobra replica close to my house and the guy took me for a spin and when we were done he said are you interested and I said I might be but the FORD GT I just bought put me back a little , he said that FORD GT must have set you back 40K , I just looked at him and said to myself why even bother explaining this again

I also just returned from the Vancouver auto expo and when I asked the salesman in the FORD area why didnt they have a FORD GT there just for a conversation piece and to draw some attention , he pointed at the 3 mustangs and said I think one of those is a GT . OK then I said

I have had the same isuse at the FORD parts counter

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Ford wouldn't have had to pay anything to go with GT44, drummer. :wink

You are likely correct, and I need new glasses.

John Weires

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2009
Ditto on the GT being confused with some incarnation of a Mustang. Even at the Ford dealership for an oil change, I had to go through two people before I got to a service person who understood what the GT was. When I brought it in it, every one from the service area stopped working to look at it. In retrospect, naming it the GT-44 wouldn't have been a bad idea.....

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
was invited to a saturday afternoon car show. wearing Rally 2 t-shirt and Ford racing hat. guy walks up, walks around the car, asks me about the engine, peeks inside at all the pretty stuff. admires the tires/wheels .. then looks me right in the eye and says "excuse me for asking... but, can you tell me how much this feeeraaarrrri set you back?"

to which I responded ... "nothing." and walked over to talk to the smart people.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
was invited to a saturday afternoon car show. wearing Rally 2 t-shirt and Ford racing hat. guy walks up, walks around the car, asks me about the engine, peeks inside at all the pretty stuff. admires the tires/wheels .. then looks me right in the eye and says "excuse me for asking... but, can you tell me how much this feeeraaarrrri set you back?"

to which I responded ... "nothing." and walked over to talk to the smart people.

'Bit too mercenary IMO, there, '92. Ya kudda at least pointed to the FORD GT logo on the side stripe before you walked way! :wink :cheers (You hafta remember that not all people who tour a car show are "car people", or even know a Prius from a VW bug.)

I still favor the reply: "Let's just say it cost more than your average Buick." The issue was never pressed any further after having said that. :biggrin

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
my favorite was at the last Rally, when four of us stopped in Goliad on our way to the Mile. We pulled up outside of a grocery store, complete with a pair of good ole' boys sitting outside complete with bib overlalls. As we walked into the store to buy water, I heard one of the guys say " will you look at that, its says Ford on those ve-hicles. That caint be right"

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
On the way home from picking up my new to me GT, I stopped at the drug store to get some odds and ends. When I came out, a young man asked several times if it was a "Mach III" even though I answered him on query #1 that it was a Ford GT. :frown

What is a Mach III? Is it "Speed Racer's" car? :confused

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
On the way home from picking up my new to me GT, I stopped at the drug store to get some odds and ends. When I came out, a young man asked several times if it was a "Mach III" even though I answered him on query #1 that it was a Ford GT. :frown

What is a Mach III? Is it "Speed Racer's" car? :confused

This is the only Mach III I've seen/heard of as far as the Ford brand is concerned:

http://mustangs.about.com/od/mustan...he-Ford-Mustang.--5z/FordMustangMachIII-c.htm