Facebook request

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Sorry to mooch on you guys but I need improve my google listing and leaning on my internet savvy friends is going to be part of program. If you guys would please goto my company Facebook page and "Like" or "Become a Fan?" It would help me crush the competition. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Delta-Bail-Bonds/135273566543156?sk=info

PS - If you put your company page in here, I will do the same.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Bad link?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
fixed it, thanks

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Done. Hope it helps

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Mark, done!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I "liked you' but hope I never "need you"!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hey Mark I "liked you" as well.

The same can be done for me at this link if any of you are bored. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Tri-County-Aire-HVAC-Southern-Maryland/123441621061104

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I "liked you' but hope I never "need you"!

Me too!

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Done and done!

Jason's Auto Spa Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jasons-Auto-Spa/48669889740 :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
done!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Done for both of you.

H

HHGT

Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but what does facebook do that normal telephone, txt & email can do? I know many use it as a venue to find old friends or have old girlfriends find you etc. but I genuinely don't understand the craze. BTW, and yes I am technologically savvy, its the human element that I am not getting.

Sorry Fubar.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks guys.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
done:thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but what does facebook do that normal telephone, txt & email can do? I know many use it as a venue to find old friends or have old girlfriends find you etc. but I genuinely don't understand the craze. BTW, and yes I am technologically savvy, its the human element that I am not getting.

Sorry Fubar.

Well for one it can start a politcal revolution (like it has in the middle east) allowing many people (hundreds of thousands) to coordinate together. Also it has amazing potential to generate business, as a personal example I created a high school photo album for a few friends , it turned into a few hundred people from my old high school seeing it then 200 photos more later (as others started to contribute) a reunion is planned, plane tickets booked, hotels used, caterers contracted...all from me posting an initial 10 pictures.

I can think of many more but you get the picture.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Done

B'smooth

Mar 17, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
Done Deal. Been a while over here for me. Also, put your link here if you like. Get lots of traffic daily.TheLookBook

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

Sorry Fubar.

I'm not sure if you're asking why/if I use facebook as a personal medium or why am I using it as a business medium. -- Personally, I made a facebook page like 5 years ago because it was a cheap way to keep in touch with a few friends who were overseas. It's ability to connect you with old friends became 'interesting' later. -- From a business standpoint it seems absurd for me to advertise my business on facebook. It just does not seem like a logical place to search for bail bond businesses. However, Google is a logical place to search and google made a huge change to their results logarithms back in November. Google now uses the Facebook results to "score" your website. The number of fans/friends/liked persons, associated with your facebook page affects where my company is placed when people search for Bail Bonds from a Dallas based IP address. Google also uses the results from other search engines to evaluate your 'score.' AND Google sends out small postcards to business address to validate the address you list on your website. If you receive one of these postcards and you do not enter the validation code into Google's database, it will negatively affect your score. That's bad if you rely on advertising to attract new business. I could rant about google's tactics for hours but who would listen to that? ...and I'd still be buried somewhere on the second page.

Long story short (if possible now). I had been the first natural listing in Dallas for bail bond companies for years. In November I found myself buried somewhere on the second page and it was hurting my business. I have done many things to fix that but having a Facebook page with 25+ fans (this number allows you to create a dedicated company page) is a critical part of that program.

Note: my company's Facebook link has been upgraded from:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dallas-TX/Delta-Bail-Bonds/135273566543156
to
http://www.facebook.com/deltabailbonds

That took place today, due in great part to my friends online. Thank you again.

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W

Sorry Fubar.
Couldn't agree more with you! I've said the same thing for years, hence why I don't have a social media listing on any site. I use MSN and Google talk in our enterprise, and that's about it. If I want to let anyone know my whereabouts...I have many phones and phone numbers! Like you, I'm a tech savvy...in fact, the head of IT at my business...able to setup extensive networks/servers/mail & SQL servers/VOIP, etc...but have zero interest in the so called "social media" fad. Thank god for that!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Done x2.