Extreme GT at PB SC Weekend

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
He kinda looks like he could be Larry th' Cable Guy's cousin...now, 'don't' he.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I suspect they will make on

15 psi ...... 760hp

20 psi....... 820hp

25 psi....... 890hp

and on

30 psi........ 0 hp cause it will blow up:eek

I hate to sound like a hater but thats not what we are doing here, Im the first who want to try new things and completely open to new ideas and want to push the limit, just cant stand :bs

the sad thing is if he would have kept his mouth shut we would all praise his effort because inspite of his way of going about promoting the car I think he has spend a lot of time on the car and that should be praised, but he has taken all of his credibility away by talking nonsense, 300mph? are you f***ing nuts, Im not a mathematician so can some one with an engineering degree please chime in and descride to us how off this guys math is.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I suspect they will make on

15 psi ...... 760hp

20 psi....... 820hp

25 psi....... 890hp

and on

30 psi........ 0 hp cause it will blow up:eek

I hate to sound like a hater but thats not what we are doing here, Im the first who want to try new things and completely open to new ideas and want to push the limit, just cant stand :bs

the sad thing is if he would have kept his mouth shut we would all praise his effort because inspite of his way of going about promoting the car I think he has spend a lot of time on the car and that should be praised, but he has taken all of his credibility away by talking nonsense, 300mph? are you f***ing nuts, Im not a mathematician so can some one with an engineering degree please chime in and descride to us how off this guys math is.

It made 712 on 10lbs:)
There is a vid somewhere on it. The dyno they are tuning on is a twin roller dyno also and i believe at about 850rwhp it will start spining the tires on the rollers. They have some guy tuning it from across seas?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
My friend John who puts on the PBSW called me after talking to this guy at the show. He tells me there's a guy there with an FGT with 2000hp, sequential shifting F1 style gearbox, etc... I told him the guy was full of shit and now I find this thread!:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The thing that really sealed it for me was the quarter mile thing. You can definitely make a ton of power with something based on a mod 5.4. Ray's car legitimately made nearly 1500 rwhp with the twins and blower, and the moment that blower comes off, it's going to make a bunch more. So I don't doubt some crazy variation of a 5.4 mod that shares little with the stock engine could be put back there and make 1800.

I've made a lot of passes at the strip over a lot of years. I don't know any drag racer that's run bottom 9's and has to fumble for the mph if they've actually done it. In real life. Not on a calculation. I've made one pass in my GT and it went 132.9 mph with a pulley and tune only. Specificity.

Oh, and the 300 mph thing and easily 250 mph in a standing mile. I mean come on. SW basically crushed everything ever previously done by a mile when he went 241 and you're telling me you can easily do 250? :lol

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
:cheers

Exactly!

Good post.

Blower coming off soon :biggrin

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Can't believe I missed this thread until now. I've been asking for a dyno sheet on Viper Alley but no response. This car was also at PRI and it did not look like it had ever run under its current "1700 hp" configuration. They were supposed to be coming to the Mile next week but last I heard, they are no longer going to make it.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I hate/love to bring this thread back up, but dude, validation has a name, and it is youtube. :lol

In this video:

He clearly says the white Ford GT, which should hit "250 in the standing mile no problem", "should hit 300 mph because the horsepower is there", "when done being dialed in will make 2100 hp", is "running 9.1 now" at "probably 163 mph" in the quarter, that cost about $750,000 to build...well, I'll let the video speak for itself.

712 rwhp.

That's why I'm a huge skeptic. 10 psi or any other number, that rwhp number shows how silly it is to claim stuff before it is done. Raise your hand if you think that motor has another 1400 rwhp in it.
I was about to post this. Thanks.

I am sure he is a great guy and some of the stuff he is saying makes sense but every time I hear him talk about the car, I laugh a little inside.

Last edited:

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas

for what it's worth, a land speed racer from the SVT forums that posts as "esqeddy" had the following to say (disclaimer: i cannot find the link and cannot vouch for "eddy")

I know a little about Land Speed Racing. Those of you who know me know I spent a couple of years doing this(2006 & 2007) and was paid well to help others do it too. I’ve set close to 20 records Land Speed Racing.

However, I am by no means anything close to what I consider an expert. There are guys who have been doing this all their lives. Guys who I call when I have questions or concerns. But, I loved this GT and couldn’t help but make a few observations.

It won’t take as much wind streaming as you might think. The most effective modification would be a front airdam, followed by a full length belly pan. There are already a few modified production cars that have set records at over 300 mph at the Salt Flats and more that have run over 300 mph but not backed it up with a record run.

The Firebird is a favorite body style to run because it has good aerodynamic qualities in even its stock form. The 1986 Firebird I have was designed by us to go 325 mph. We went a little over 200 mph in testing with a badly slipping clutch. This was in 2007. I was burnt out on LSR and wanted to accomplish some other things, but I and my friends still have the car and are strongly considering resuming the project.

From the video, its really hard to tell much about the construction of the car. But from what I can see, that car would NOT be allowed to run at Bonneville as is. It has no roof rails, window tabs, window net, roll cage, fire systems, properly mounted belts, and those tires would NEVER be allowed to attempt a 300 mph run. Only approved LSR tires, which are not street legal, would be approved.

Its not impossible. Dragsters go well over 325 mph in a 1/4 mile! However, a few things he said concern me. If the car is geared to just go a little over 300 mph (did I hear this wrong?), I will assume that is at max RPM. However, max power doesn’t occur at max RPM. To maximize speed you want to be hitting your top speed and the max power RPM. If you pass it, you are under geared, it you don’t reach it, you are over geared. It appears to me he may be way under geared to reach his full potential.

Finally, as I pointed out above, you are limited on the tires. I ran goodyears (LSR tires are hard to get and expensive!) and there is only ONE tire that is wider that 4.5 inches wide. It is 28 inches tall, 9 inches of tread, 13 inch section width, and runs on a 15 inch wheel. I’m not sure you can get that tire under that car. If not, then you are stuck running a 4.5 inch wide tire on the rear! I completely removed the front brakes on my 03 Cobra to run 15 X 4.5 inch tires, and I had to put adjustable coilovers jacked way up to fit the big tires under the rear.

It’s a gorgeous car! I would love to drive that puppy and would love to be involved in trying to land speed race that puppy! It sounds like it certainly has the power to go over 300 mph. Just sounds like he will have all the little details to work that out if he really wants to do that.